Literally too good at home for primetime?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I considered this entire ordeal the ultimate respect. Years from now we can look back and say the NFL wouldnt even schedule us home prime time games because we were too good and blew everyone out. They are all about ratings and should be. We arent good for ratings because we are THAT good. It also speaks volumes to how good the NFL believes we will be again this season despite losing some guys to free agency.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fear or backhanded compliment it doesn't matter, the fans are paying the price for being loud and proud. The league and other teams have tried to prove we use artificial noise for years, now they simply will not play here under the spotlight. If it was a one time occurrence I would not say much, but since they were even complaining at the Super Bowl about how it was so populated by Seahawks fans that we had a home field advantage I truly believe that they orchestrated this as a work around.

We are highest selling merchandise right now; National backing and seeing blowouts would only increase our fan base for the casual fans. The opponents may shut it off early but Seahawks Fans will watch.

We get up as a team anyway for Prime Time, I really hope we paste our opponents each and every chance, it will make no difference on the road or at home then.

It may help as I have seen others post in our win percentage, we play better under the spotlight, just am sad that we as fans can't enjoy it at home.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":3chtcg4p said:
Fear or backhanded compliment it doesn't matter, the fans are paying the price for being loud and proud. The league and other teams have tried to prove we use artificial noise for years, now they simply will not play here under the spotlight. If it was a one time occurrence I would not say much, but since they were even complaining at the Super Bowl about how it was so populated by Seahawks fans that we had a home field advantage I truly believe that they orchestrated this as a work around.

We are highest selling merchandise right now; National backing and seeing blowouts would only increase our fan base for the casual fans. The opponents may shut it off early but Seahawks Fans will watch.

We get up as a team anyway for Prime Time, I really hope we paste our opponents each and every chance, it will make no difference on the road or at home then.

It may help as I have seen others post in our win percentage, we play better under the spotlight, just am sad that we as fans can't enjoy it at home.
Embrace the hate my brother. It WILL motivate the team on the road in primetime.
I agree with your stance 100% btw.
Oh, and screw the NFL for this.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
People are acting like we literally have to play 11 games on the road and five at home, or something.

Jesus. Man up. That goes for the women, too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1hmufngd said:
chris98251":1hmufngd said:
It's fear of the 12th man, it's fear of the team stomping NFL they know we amp it up at home, if it were the Cowboys, Giants or the Broncos they would have it flipped the other way around. We don't have an owner that is high profile in the NFL in Jerry Jones, we don't have a Team President that was a Golden boy while he played John Elway and the closest thing to Christ in the league in Peyton Manning, we don't happen to be the commissioners favorite team in the Giants.

It's market sure, but it's also a backhanded slap in the face for making the Super Bowl a joke of a game. For making Peyton and John look like Buffoons and B league.

It's a backhanded slap to the 12th man who proved they make a difference not only at home but on the road in the leagues biggest game.
This is outrageous...and reeks of the truth.

And......we are starting to travel a lot more....what can the NFL do now???? Oh the conspiracy theories.... :stirthepot:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think the league actually likes the 12th Man. They want every team's fan base to become as rabid as ours. There'd be a lot more dollars spent all around that wind up in the NFL's pockets.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":k6gqpbha said:
I think the league actually likes the 12th Man. They want every team's fan base to become as rabid as ours. There'd be a lot more dollars spent all around that wind up in the NFL's pockets.
Exactly. What? You think the flex rules weren't suddenly changed with us and San Francisco in mind? And it's LESS 10am games! The schedule is fine.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Two 10am games is the best part of our schedule; better than I had hoped for.

Also Mizzou, who's the hottie giving us the nice view in your avatar?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You know how you deal with this? Simple. Curbstomp the other teams in their own stadium "XLVIII style!", problem solved! 8)
Living well is the best revenge! :)

JZ#1

Reaction score
We are really just talking about 1 home game not being played in prime time. Most of the elite teams have 2 home prime time games. Is that one game being at regular time vs being on prime time really going to make that much of a difference? The week 4 bye week has a way bigger impact.

chris98251

Reaction score
We are talking about the NFL admitting were to tough and good at home and on prime time to give us games at home.

acer1240

Reaction score
chris98251":2k8708k5 said:
We are talking about the NFL admitting were to tough and good at home and on prime time to give us games at home.

This is exactly it Chris. This is amazing. I've never heard of anything like this before, in any sport. Holy hell, this is the ultimate sign of respect.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3nivbwd7 said:
chris98251":3nivbwd7 said:
It's fear of the 12th man, it's fear of the team stomping NFL they know we amp it up at home, if it were the Cowboys, Giants or the Broncos they would have it flipped the other way around. We don't have an owner that is high profile in the NFL in Jerry Jones, we don't have a Team President that was a Golden boy while he played John Elway and the closest thing to Christ in the league in Peyton Manning, we don't happen to be the commissioners favorite team in the Giants.

It's market sure, but it's also a backhanded slap in the face for making the Super Bowl a joke of a game. For making Peyton and John look like Buffoons and B league.

It's a backhanded slap to the 12th man who proved they make a difference not only at home but on the road in the leagues biggest game.
It reeks, that part is right.

chris98251

Reaction score
MadSweeney":2sknklat said:
Lords of Scythia":2sknklat said:
chris98251":2sknklat said:

Must be another one of our 49 to lifer fans visiting.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MadSweeney":n7gt1z32 said:
Lords of Scythia":n7gt1z32 said:
chris98251":n7gt1z32 said:

MadSweez.
How 'bout you quit obsessing over opinions that differ from yours. It's really getting tiresome. Would you prefer a bunch of cookie-cutter-style group think posts that praise the networks? Threads are for discussions...not for reading-n-bashing.

That said, the more road games we have during prime time, the better because the players' body clocks will be straight; not to mention we have some ballers that really excel under the bright lights. I'm speaking as a displaced fan, so I definitely understand the beef that many locals have.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would be interesting to go back at the last 10 champions and see how many they have. But hey, it's the Hawks, they are too good at home. So funny

bellingerga

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1cox98e1 said:
Blitzer88":1cox98e1 said:
We become a good team and get punished for it......just great.

How is it punishment exactly?

These teams still have to fly up here and get their arses stomped.. they just won't do it on NBC or ESPN.

stacking the schedule against the seahawks intentionally because they are too good is absolutely punishment.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bellingerga":kzgu8ok1 said:
stacking the schedule against the seahawks intentionally because they are too good is absolutely punishment.

1) It's something they do to every Super Bowl champion; you're expected to have the toughest, or at least a tough, schedule.
2) The Rams have a worse schedule than we do and they finished in last place in our division.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
2) The Rams have a worse schedule than we do and they finished in last place in our division.
3 road games in a row, now that is what you call truly unfair. If we had to do that it may derail our whole season.