Literally too good at home for primetime?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1o3gps9n said:
2) The Rams have a worse schedule than we do and they finished in last place in our division.
3 road games in a row, now that is what you call truly unfair. If we had to do that it may derail our whole season.
Naw, we win on the road now.

On a personal note and despite the fact I think it's total bullshit, I'm pretty happy with when we are scheduled because I work nights. I already took the opener vs. the FudgePackers off and I don't work on Thanksgiving so as of now the only game I will be at work during is the Monday nighter vs. the Racist Nicknames.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Sounds like an opportunity to prove ourselves that no other teams have. I know this isn't college football and W/L is all that matters, but we'll get the wins and the respect.

Same with the Rams schedule.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3arb9mtf said:
Naw, we win on the road now.

I wouldn't call a one year sample size enough evidence to say this. Good road teams do it over at least a 3-5 year period, not one.

I'm just fine with the World Champs flying as under the radar with non primetime games. Sure it's fun to see your team on MNF, but it also means the other team is more jacked up than usual, which could mean a close loss.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Who cares. Repeat and make them know it wasnt enough. Then all the road games on 2015 can be in London.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Kaiser":364sj4d0 said:
Who cares. Repeat and make them know it wasnt enough. Then all the road games on 2015 can be in London.
Don't give the NFL even more ridiculous ideas they may try something as asinine as that someday.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Fact is...
NFL knows that when the average football fan sees Bla bla team playing the SEAHAWKS at home, they have come to expect a blow out. That translates to that average fan turning on some other program.
Lost a viewer.
Hawks at some other venue means they might get beat.
This attracts viewers.
Simple equation if you ask me. I don't like it but it makes sense.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Well, it sure beats playing on the road at 10:00 am. I'm all for road prime time games.

Cartire

Reaction score
Kaiser":3bf9i2zx said:

Well if were going to assume the worst, let's play it smart. All home games in London.

dunceface

Reaction score
It's obvious that we are that much better than everyone else so I think it's fair that the league is trying to let the rest of the league catch up.....Our team is pretty good too

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If this was true, the schedule makers wouldn't have given Seattle a game against the Redskins on MNF.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ocjwrv4w said:
If this was true, the schedule makers wouldn't have given Seattle a game against the Redskins on MNF.
They're fantasizing the Bob's gonna actually become a quality NFL QB and thus they'll give us a game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MadSweeney":2acdmtqw said:
Hawks46":2acdmtqw said:
Madsweeney, in almost every post I've read by you, you're either calling people whiners or somehow complaining about the fan base as a whole here.

I honestly think some people are whining a bit here, but it can still be taken either way. Most teams are rewarded with Prime Time games when they win. Prime Time home games are also a reward to the fan base (although I think Sundays are the best day for Football). But, most of your posts have the same theme. Go back to your Niner boards if you don't like it.
I'm talking to and about the whiners. I do it in whining threads or in response to whining posts. If you want me to stop, then stop the whining at every little thing.

Sometimes I do think this is a Niner board parody of a Seahawk board, with all the whining. But I guess if you point out all the histrionics and absurd inferiority complexes then you must be a Niner fan.

Like I said, giving the NFL fans that call us tools actually ammo for them being right.
So you are whining about others whining? Brilliant! :roll:

....and why do you put so much stock in what other fan bases think about us? Are you THAT insecure that you need their positive thoughts to validate you?

Screw the other fanbases!

253hawk

Reaction score
bellingerga":6xj4izhq said:
stacking the schedule against the seahawks intentionally because they are too good is absolutely punishment.

Then what will it be when the NFL announces that Seattle will be 2014's team for Hard Knocks? Rumor is that they're already in the final 8 for consideration.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":2frbjwnd said:
bellingerga":2frbjwnd said:
stacking the schedule against the seahawks intentionally because they are too good is absolutely punishment.

Then what will it be when the NFL announces that Seattle will be 2014's team for Hard Knocks? Rumor is that they're already in the final 8 for consideration.
the league is already discussing the possiblity of home wins in Seattle only count as 3/4 of a win, or to make it more fair to other teams they are thinking of giving opponents that play at Seattle a 3 point spotting so the game is already 3-0 visitors when the game starts since Seattle is so dominant at home. ;).

It wouldn't surprise me if those 2 thoughts have rolled around Rog's old maglomaniacal mind.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The more other fans hate the Hawks, the more I like it. Just makes it better when they get smoked, and the Hawks win the whole damn thing again.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
bellingerga":1g8bmss4 said:
Hasselbeck":1g8bmss4 said:
Blitzer88":1g8bmss4 said:
We become a good team and get punished for it......just great.

How is it punishment exactly?

These teams still have to fly up here and get their arses stomped.. they just won't do it on NBC or ESPN.

You've got to be kidding me with that statement.

"Stacking the schedule"??? How on earth did you escalate this discussion to that?

smh

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When you win the Superbowl, you're supposed to have a "stacked" schedule.
Doesn't matter when and where they play, they are the best team in the NFL, and will prove it yet again in 2014.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":31cp4q7f said:
Fact is...
NFL knows that when the average football fan sees Bla bla team playing the SEAHAWKS at home, they have come to expect a blow out. That translates to that average fan turning on some other program.
Lost a viewer.
Hawks at some other venue means they might get beat.
This attracts viewers.
Simple equation if you ask me. I don't like it but it makes sense.

Common sense and rationality have no place here.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
Considering how much $$$ the TV networks have invested in the NFL, I'd venture a guess the television networks played a decisive role using a heavy hand helping the NFL plan the Seahawks primetime games. Uncompetetive games aren't generally watched except by fans of the team laying the beatdown - poor ratings are the result and Network sponsors and advertisers pull out. This is a business decision, not a punishment or disrespect.

And yes, this means we are too good at home for primetime. Wear that as a badge of honor.