Lock to Giants

CactusJack

Reaction score
Either Grubb wants his guy (Penix) or we're gonna get Fields.

At some point, they gonna have to put some peeps on the team...aren't they?
They have $20-$25m in actual cap space to work with, after the Williams & Fant signings. Still a ton of holes to fill. They probably viewed Queen & Lock as too costly. Given what they have to work with.

They're waiting for the prices to come down a little.

flv2

Reaction score
It makes sense for the Giants. It would have made sense for the Seahawks if they aren't going after a QBOTF and wanted to play the compensatory pick game. Losing Lock potentially gains them a 7th round pick. Signing a similar level QB such as Rudolph would cost them the 4th round pick they're in line to get for losing Lewis. I hope the Seahawks draft a QB and maybe sign a veteran 3rd option in June. Maybe Ahlers will return as the 3rd option.

Scout

Reaction score
I think this is a good draft for the Hawks to draft a QB and have them sit and learn for a year or two. The team still needs to upgrade the interior OL some more and reload at the TE position.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Maybe New York won't draft a QB. The Giants oline last year is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
NFL teams thought Drew Lock as a FA was a better option than Fields in a trade. Fields was grossly over drafted most NFL teams had at best a 3rd rd grade on him, his best quality is he can run around that doesn’t fit well in a passing league. I compare Fields to a young Russell Wilson he runs well, has a good deep ball but he doesn’t see the field well, doesn’t throw with anticipation holds on to the ball too much and fumbles the ball a lot

Fields is a good athlete perhaps a position change to WR such as Terrell Pryor

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It makes sense for the Giants. It would have made sense for the Seahawks if they aren't going after a QBOTF and wanted to play the compensatory pick game. Losing Lock potentially gains them a 7th round pick. Signing a similar level QB such as Rudolph would cost them the 4th round pick they're in line to get for losing Lewis. I hope the Seahawks draft a QB and maybe sign a veteran 3rd option in June. Maybe Ahlers will return as the 3rd option.

Ahlers signed with the ufl’s Arlington Renegades.

flv2

Reaction score
Ahlers signed with the ufl’s Arlington Renegades.
I concur, that's why I said 'maybe he'll return'. It's not a definite. I don't believe he could remain on an NFL contract and sign for the UFL. Either way he'll be an NFL UFA with no obligations. (y)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I concur, that's why I said 'maybe he'll return'. It's not a definite. I don't believe he could remain on an NFL contract and sign for the UFL. Either way he'll be an NFL UFA with no obligations. (y)

The Renegades own his rights until the ufl season ends in July. So yes he could theoretically be available for camp but not for otas

flv2

Reaction score
The Renegades own his rights until the ufl season ends in July. So yes he could theoretically be available for camp but not for otas
OTAs shouldn't be a big deal, (Mannion if necessary), even with a new coaching staff. To be honest I don't expect Ahlers to return to the Seahawks and I don't think they'll miss him. The Seahawks will have depth at QB when they need it.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OTAs shouldn't be a big deal, (Mannion if necessary), even with a new coaching staff. To be honest I don't expect Ahlers to return to the Seahawks and I don't think they'll miss him. The Seahawks will have depth at QB when they need it.

Mannion is a packers coach right now.

Parallax

Reaction score
I think Schneider made a huge mistake in not letting Geno walk. No one else in the NFL thought he was worth the kind of money we're paying. As a result, we're stuck with him and we lose Lock. I think there's a chance Lock proves himself a true franchise QB. If not, he would have won about as many games as Smith. This was a lose-lose. But just another short-sighted, myopic move like the Hawks have been known for under Carroll and Schneider.

Coming into the off season, we didn't know how much was Carroll and how much was Schneider. We still don't know. I was impressed by the coaching moves but color me unimpressed by the roster moves so far. Except for holding back on the big, splashy free agents. We'll see if he's smart and strategic enough to wind up with some compensatory picks. I think the trade for Williams was idiotic but I sound like a broken record. Signing him for three years as 21.5M per strikes me as right on the line. Hoping for the best but would not be surprised if we wind up looking back on this move with regret. We've not done well with third contracts in the past.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Wonder if we draft a QB now. I don't think NY will given they gave Jones 100million and now this.

Parallax

Reaction score
Wonder if we draft a QB now. I don't think NY will given they gave Jones 100million and now this.
I think we have to and I wouldn't rule out the Giants picking someone either. My guess is Lock has the inside track to start because they've given up on Jones.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I think we have to and I wouldn't rule out the Giants picking someone either. My guess is Lock has the inside track to start because they've given up on Jones.
Do we draft a QB high though or lower round developmental one like Joe Milton/Jordan Travis.

Parallax

Reaction score
Do we draft a QB high though or lower round developmental one like Joe Milton/Jordan Travis.
Who knows. Rob Staton has been wondering if they're going to try to move up to target someone they like. Perhaps Maye or McCarthy. I have no idea if any of these guys are worth what it would cost. But our coaches should know these guys inside out, given how recently they were at Michigan and Washington.