Lock to Giants

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
As explained upthread he would be very expensive for a backup and a 1 year rental at that. It makes zero sense for anyone to trade for him especially the Seahawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Depending on the offense he could do ok there, Daniels has been a enigma for the Giants and I really think they want to find something else.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Go Lock Go! I personally liked Lock, always thought he got the short end of the stick on his career thus far...IMHO.
Lock had his shot. He's had 28 career starts, most of those with Denver, and has compiled some pretty awful career numbers: 59.7% completion percentage, 28:23 TD:INT ratio, 9-14 as a starter.

There are scores of quarterbacks with a better stat line that don't get as many opportunities as Lock has had. For a QB who wasn't drafted in the first round, he's had more than his fair share of chances.

Having said that, I'm glad he's getting another shot as I get the sense that he's a decent guy. I get the feeling that Daniel Jones is on a short leash, so he might get another chance.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
As explained upthread he would be very expensive for a backup and a 1 year rental at that. It makes zero sense for anyone to trade for him especially the Seahawks.

If we traded him for Fields I think we'd want to lock him up for at least 2-3 more years to fully feel him out. If not I believe it would make sense to start him at least partially this next year to gauge whether he could be the guy or not. I think with his talent level and with how little it will reportedly take to get him I'm probably rolling the dice depending on who we like in the draft/believe we could get.

Why would you assume he would be the backup anyway? It's not like we are breaking the bank for Geno? If we believe he could be the guy and was mismanaged by the Bears what doesn't make sense about rolling the dice on a guy at a cheap price who could be our future guy.

Parallax

Reaction score
If we traded him for Fields I think we'd want to lock him up for at least 2-3 more years to fully feel him out. If not I believe it would make sense to start him at least partially this next year to gauge whether he could be the guy or not. I think with his talent level and with how little it will reportedly take to get him I'm probably rolling the dice depending on who we like in the draft/believe we could get.

Why would you assume he would be the backup anyway? It's not like we are breaking the bank for Geno? If we believe he could be the guy and was mismanaged by the Bears what doesn't make sense about rolling the dice on a guy at a cheap price who could be our future guy.
I've not seen anything that indicates he could be a franchise QB. He's extremely athletic. Perhaps he could play another position really well. But he doesn't have the arm or the intangibles to be an NFL QB, at least not a starter. I've seen way more from Lock than I've seen from Fields.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Lock had his shot. He's had 28 career starts, most of those with Denver, and has compiled some pretty awful career numbers: 59.7% completion percentage, 28:23 TD:INT ratio, 9-14 as a starter.

There are scores of quarterbacks with a better stat line that don't get as many opportunities as Lock has had. For a QB who wasn't drafted in the first round, he's had more than his fair share of chances.

Having said that, I'm glad he's getting another shot as I get the sense that he's a decent guy. I get the feeling that Daniel Jones is on a short leash, so he might get another chance.
Most of those starts were in a COVID year with quite a few players opting not to play that year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Most of those starts were in a COVID year with quite a few players opting not to play that year.
I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China.

It's not like it was a strike year where he was playing with and against an entire team of replacement players. There were just 67 players in the entire league, or about 2 players per team, that opted out in 2020 due to covid.

Lock started in all or parts of 3 seasons with the Broncos and competed with Geno for the starting job in 2022. That's a lot of opportunities for a 2nd round pick who has a sub 60% career completion percentage.

Last edited:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Thank god this has it's own thread on the main board because I'd hate to downplay all his contributions to our teams success by disrespecting him.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Drew should have gone to a better situation. NY is a pile of crap.
But how many situations is he going to have a better chance to become the starter?

There are only 3 situations in the league where Drew offers a definitive improvement at QB right now: Bryce Young in Carolina, Zach Wilson in New York, and Daniel Jones in the other New York.

Dave Canales, I feel, has made making Bryce Young not look like a failed investment as mission #1 (above and beyond having a winning team). Zach Wilson isn't supposed to be the starter for the Jets anyway. Going to the Giants is by far Lock's best shot to become a starter next year.

Last edited: