Looks like Bruce got into trouble..(April Fool's Joke)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
City":39wisbj9 said:
I lost my father because of a drunk driver and you guys are ridiculous. People get more mad about Bruce joking about driving drunk the actual players getting stuck with DUI's and suspended for it. The backlash is completely unwarranted. I understand IF he was joking about death, harm etc. that would tick me off too, but that is not the case. Some people need to loosen up their ties a little.

Where is all this uproar when a player gets popped and suspended for actually driving drunk?

People get more mad at the actual suspension then the action itself when that happens.

Plus a lot of people that get outraged over this stuff are the same people that drink at parties or bars and then have no problem driving home with a buzz.

rideaducati

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3swzj6jc said:
titan3131":3swzj6jc said:
your a moron

Nailed-It.png

Like a good "you're momma" joke... :mrgreen:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
naholmes":3vrvhcwu said:
Not offended at all but this is not a joke, it's just a fake apology. A joke needs to have something humorous, a punchline. If he tacks on something like, "And the worst part is that I spilled my beer!" then that would make it a joke.
That's true. Sometimes April Fool's Day isn't about telling a joke, but more of a "gotcha" thing.

Mission accomplished, Bruce.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Jokes shouldn't EVER be told unless everyone thinks they are funny. Duh. Even Paton Oswalt gets this, and he is about as funny as kidhawk.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
What a boner, he can leave now I dont care.. If Irvin got cut who would give a crap?

KPA

Reaction score
Well that escalated quickly!!! People getting butthurt over other people being butthurt. Absolute comedy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lighten up all you politically sensitive types. If BI now does some public service commercial pointing out that DWI is no joke then all you H8Rs will be eating some crow.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3vzrgehs said:
What a boner, he can leave now I dont care.. If Irvin got cut who would give a crap?

I would. He's one of my favorite players and it's funny as hell how much people find reasons to hate the guy.

This joke doesn't help but based on talent on the field... Definately a bunch of haters who like to focus on the negatives.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Some of you guys have some unrealistic expectations for athletes .

I thought it was funny . It's Aprils fools day . If your gonna do a prank you have to do it right . He did it right , shame on all the soft individuals and haters . It's April fools day .

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love it. He was joking. Unlike some of the people who aim their venom his way on this board.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
The amount of horrible real stuff goes on all day including real dui's. I'll keep my feelings of anger and disgust for those events. Won't give a squat about a horrible twitter post, and those go on all day.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Lot of Francises who need to lighten up. There are bigger things to get panties in a bunch over than a perceived bad April fools joke.

he-gon-cry-in-the-car-o.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MysterMatt":ojz7qye1 said:
Jokes shouldn't EVER be told unless everyone thinks they are funny. Duh. Even Paton Oswalt gets this, and he is about as funny as kidhawk.

Humor is like music, it's in the ear of the beholder.

Bruce probably picked a bad topic to April Fool, but I'm tired of all the fake viral outrage at every little Tweet. It's like there's an army of people with nothing better to do with their lives than jump on celebrities, politicians and athletes who say something barely non-PC. They're just combing their Twitter and Instagram feeds waiting to say "Ahhhh Haaaa Gotcha!"

Get a life I say, worry about real problems like Isis. Not some linebacker who was just trying to be harmlessly funny.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I am amused by thinking about Bruce coming up with this plan :D Like a kid who thinks that smashing a window is a funny joke, without a single thought about the consequences... The dumb entertainer type of thing.

Just imagine his face as he chuckles while writing it :)

kearly

Reaction score
I've routinely heard professional comedians take far more serious or taboo matters and make them hilarious. The hyper-vigilance brigade should take it easy here.

But yeah, Bruce not so funny. I like Bruce Irvin a lot, but I don't think he has the talent upstairs to pull off a joke like that. I don't mind that he tried.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I didn't think it was funny, especially considering thats what some athletes struggle with.

This guy needs to find something to do to keep him busy during the off season, that much is clear.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Well if anything, this will definitely make him think twice everytime he decides whether to drive after having an alcoholic beverage. He'll be made an even bigger fool if he does infact ever get a DauI.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Who cares..

The funniest part of the joke was our collective reaction