Looks like Bruce got into trouble..(April Fool's Joke)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bruce should know it's 2015, the year of fake outrage.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Uncle Si":308tuuqg said:
dumbrabbit":308tuuqg said:
Uncle Si":308tuuqg said:
dumbrabbit":308tuuqg said:
It's April flippin fools day. Have a sense of humor, geez. It's what I hate about social media these days. No one has a sense of humor anymore.

because DWIs are so funny...

Lives have been destroyed by drinking and driving. I mean destroyed, devastated irreparably.

Sure, its a joke, and noone seems to be saying anything more than it was a stupid one. But it's offensive, inconsiderate and play ignorant to a. make the joke and b. castigate those pointing out as being humorless.

Hell, tweet you're being traded or something.

With all due respect sir, and everyone who has had lives ruined because of them.

Bruce had a legal history and wanted to make a joke out of it. I guess he could have done it differently, but damn, it's April fools. He wouldn't joke about any other day, sir and he knows he can offend people like that.

Just one day out of the entire calendar can we have a sense of humor? It's April Fools Day.

I get it, son. It's just not funny, son, to make a joke, regardless of the day, about something many people see as a tragedy. You and I can probably get away with it. But the man has tens of thousands of fans. Showing no regard for their feelings on the matter is inconsiderate, son.

I struggle that people are defending it? It was just plain stupid. Not calling for him to be cut, or even disciplined by the team. I just think the joke was stupid, in poor taste, and utterly unfunny, on a day when people can be inventive in their humor.

I'm not defending the joke, I'm defending the man. He wanted to make a joke on April Fools Day and didn't really do it very well(which I certainly agree), but give the man a break. Sure, I agree 100% that joking about DWIs isn't funny, but it he wasn't joking about anyone else's legal history, I mean, he wasn't at all racist right? It was just a light-hearted joke about his history.

Anyway, Wasn't a good idea to post it on twitter, that's for sure. All I'm saying, is it's April Fools day and we should try to have a sense of humor as much as possible.

I rest my case.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I'm not offended, just confused as to why he would willingly open up a can of worms and allow people to become unglued about an April fools joke. I mean, he's no stranger to people taking his tweets out of context. Ah, good 'ol Twitter.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3apoif2w said:
dumbrabbit":3apoif2w said:
It's April flippin fools day. Have a sense of humor, geez. It's what I hate about social media these days. No one has a sense of humor anymore.

Lives have been destroyed by drinking and driving. I mean destroyed, devastated irreparably. Many Seahawk fans I imagine.

Sure, its a joke, and noone seems to be saying anything more than it was a stupid one. But it's offensive, inconsiderate and ignorant to a. make the joke and b. castigate those pointing out as being humorless.

I always thought it was slightly peculiar that someone can get blamed for "destroying, devastatingly damaging" someones life for drinking and driving. It's like, if they crash and kill people then yeah sure send them to prison for murder but otherwise it's just preemptive action assuming they are going to repeat someone elses past. So now not only is someone who drinks and drives a murderer (even though they didn't kill anyone) now someone that even JOKES about it is along the same lines...a killer (or supporting the act of)?

As to the topic, I enjoy Bruce giving himself a hard time about his past. It's funny. You know, L o l...

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
I have seen way worse jokes on this board many times, most jokes offend someone. Sure probably not the best joke to make by a public figure but not that big of a deal.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
To play devil's advocate, in this age of everyone hearing about everything instantaneously you really have to be creative and straddle the line of what's acceptable to fool people today. Honestly people are offended way to easily anyway now a days. Joking about something does not = advocating for it

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1wk7pf7e said:
Uncle Si":1wk7pf7e said:
dumbrabbit":1wk7pf7e said:
Uncle Si":1wk7pf7e said:
With all due respect sir, and everyone who has had lives ruined because of them.

Bruce had a legal history and wanted to make a joke out of it. I guess he could have done it differently, but damn, it's April fools. He wouldn't joke about any other day, sir and he knows he can offend people like that.

Just one day out of the entire calendar can we have a sense of humor? It's April Fools Day.

I get it, son. It's just not funny, son, to make a joke, regardless of the day, about something many people see as a tragedy. You and I can probably get away with it. But the man has tens of thousands of fans. Showing no regard for their feelings on the matter is inconsiderate, son.

I struggle that people are defending it? It was just plain stupid. Not calling for him to be cut, or even disciplined by the team. I just think the joke was stupid, in poor taste, and utterly unfunny, on a day when people can be inventive in their humor.

I'm not defending the joke, I'm defending the man. He wanted to make a joke on April Fools Day and didn't really do it very well(which I certainly agree), but give the man a break. Sure, I agree 100% that joking about DWIs isn't funny, but it he wasn't joking about anyone else's legal history, I mean, he wasn't at all racist right? It was just a light-hearted joke about his history.

Anyway, Wasn't a good idea to post it on twitter, that's for sure. All I'm saying, is it's April Fools day and we should try to have a sense of humor as much as possible.

I rest my case.

I'm just saying why people are upset.

I don't really care either way. Just a dumb joke i did not think was funny.

"Giving the guy a break" seems a little strong. Is he feeling the wrath of the .net board? Doubtful.

naholmes

Reaction score
Not offended at all but this is not a joke, it's just a fake apology. A joke needs to have something humorous, a punchline. If he tacks on something like, "And the worst part is that I spilled my beer!" then that would make it a joke.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bloodkingg":b6aojfbl said:
Uncle Si":b6aojfbl said:
dumbrabbit":b6aojfbl said:

Lives have been destroyed by drinking and driving. I mean destroyed, devastated irreparably. Many Seahawk fans I imagine.

Sure, its a joke, and noone seems to be saying anything more than it was a stupid one. But it's offensive, inconsiderate and ignorant to a. make the joke and b. castigate those pointing out as being humorless.

I always thought it was slightly peculiar that someone can get blamed for "destroying, devastatingly damaging" someones life for drinking and driving. It's like, if they crash and kill people then yeah sure send them to prison for murder but otherwise it's just preemptive action assuming they are going to repeat someone elses past. So now not only is someone who drinks and drives a murderer (even though they didn't kill anyone) now someone that even JOKES about it is along the same lines...a killer (or supporting the act of)?

As to the topic, I enjoy Bruce giving himself a hard time about his past. It's funny. You know, L o l...

This is just... wow.

Anyways, this topic has displayed enough stupidity. Enjoy the day people.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'm not going to defend his actions as they weren't quite humorous.

But the fan reaction is quite humorous as always with the mercurial Bruce Irvin.

rcaido

Reaction score
I thought the joke was brilliant, since its coming from someone we expect might do something that dumb...Now people are offended & butthurt boohoo. I even like the part when he told everyone to "relax"

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I don't find it funny but I really don't care what people say on the internet. I do find it funny people get upset about this type of thing.

pmedic920

Reaction score
In this day and age, any publicity can be spun for the good.
Look on the bright side of this.
Just like it has done here, this will bring attention to the topic and give the opportunity to talk about it.

Not the most sensitive and well thought out "joke" but not all bad either.
Most humor, depending on perspective, could be labeled as bad.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
kidhawk":3kgvu2a4 said:
dumbrabbit":3kgvu2a4 said:

Agreed. Although I am no fan of April Fool's day, mainly because of inane things like this tweet by Irvin, I take everything today with a grain of salt. The day is only 24 hours long and anything that happens today that is real will still be just as real tomorrow and the rest will go away.
If the guy with the most stunted sense of humor in the world points out, rightly, that everyone needs to chill...then chill.

kidhawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3vpalvhk said:
kidhawk":3vpalvhk said:
dumbrabbit":3vpalvhk said:

Agreed. Although I am no fan of April Fool's day, mainly because of inane things like this tweet by Irvin, I take everything today with a grain of salt. The day is only 24 hours long and anything that happens today that is real will still be just as real tomorrow and the rest will go away.
If the guy with the most stunted sense of humor in the world points out, rightly, that everyone needs to chill...then chill.

Ummmmm thank you???

MysterMatt

Reaction score
kidhawk":282kca5n said:
MysterMatt":282kca5n said:

Ummmmm thank you???
You bet! Credit where it's due!

City

Reaction score
I lost my father because of a drunk driver and you guys are ridiculous. People get more mad about Bruce joking about driving drunk the actual players getting stuck with DUI's and suspended for it. The backlash is completely unwarranted. I understand IF he was joking about death, harm etc. that would tick me off too, but that is not the case. Some people need to loosen up their ties a little.

Where is all this uproar when a player gets popped and suspended for actually driving drunk?

People get more mad at the actual suspension then the action itself when that happens.