Looks like we did need Offensive Line help

ivotuk

Reaction score
PFF and Football Outsiders rankings were pretty poor last year. A lot of that was probably because a wounded Joey Hunt was playing Center. But it looks like signing OL was a good move by Pete and John.

27. Seattle Seahawks

Since entering the league, there has been no quarterback that has been more accustomed to pressure than Russell Wilson. He has faced pressure on 42% of his dropbacks since entering the NFL, and he is the only qualifying quarterback since 2012 with a rate over 40%. Wilson has been able to succeed despite the pass protection from his line, but that doesn’t change the fact that it has often been an issue — and it was a problem again this season. The Seahawks' pressure rate allowed in 2.5 seconds or less of 26.7% this year was third worst in the league, ahead of only the Jets and Dolphins.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive- ... lar-season

Team Rank Sacks Adjusted Sack Rate
SEA 24 48 7.9%

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats ... -line/2019

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":s66j2btg said:
PFF and Football Outsiders rankings were pretty poor last year. A lot of that was probably because a wounded Joey Hunt was playing Center. But it looks like signing OL was a good move by Pete and John.

27. Seattle Seahawks

Since entering the league, there has been no quarterback that has been more accustomed to pressure than Russell Wilson. He has faced pressure on 42% of his dropbacks since entering the NFL, and he is the only qualifying quarterback since 2012 with a rate over 40%. Wilson has been able to succeed despite the pass protection from his line, but that doesn’t change the fact that it has often been an issue — and it was a problem again this season. The Seahawks' pressure rate allowed in 2.5 seconds or less of 26.7% this year was third worst in the league, ahead of only the Jets and Dolphins.

SEA 24 48 7.9%

Good find, I would have never guessed we had O line problems after the stellar exhibition and completely healthy libe up we had the last few years...…

I guess the target audience probably was not Seahawks fans for this stuff. But really hate the obvious story grabbers, Kind of like Russell Wilson is Shorter then other QB's.

xray

Reaction score
The OL has been a problem for a long time . An average QB would have a problem winning 7 or 8 games per season with the Olines the Hawks have fielded the last several years .

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Strangely enough, despite our OL, our offense scores way more points than necessary. You only have to look at our D to understand that if we had a decent enough D, we'd probably be a team close to 16-0. I maybe wrong, but we probably gave up almost 200 pts more last year than we did, in 2013

beaumaris

Reaction score
xray":30vqshe1 said:
The OL has been a problem for a long time . An average QB would have a problem winning 7 or 8 games per season with the Olines the Hawks have fielded the last several years .
And that’s one of the facts that makes Russell the best of the lot.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2cxyn7xr said:
Strangely enough, despite our OL, our offense scores way more points than necessary. You only have to look at our D to understand that if we had a decent enough D, we'd probably be a team close to 16-0. I maybe wrong, but we probably gave up almost 200 pts more last year than we did, in 2013

It's almost a contradiction isn't it? Shifty OLine somehow = Top 10 Offense.

Russell earns his money.

If you haven't listened to the Howard Mudd interview yet, you should.

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":3fzzgh9v said:

27. Seattle Seahawks

SEA 24 48 7.9%

not suprising at all, and so far we hve not aded anyone who is known to be a pass blcoker or even avg at it, so expect more of the same.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
John63":33ymyt4n said:
ivotuk":33ymyt4n said:

27. Seattle Seahawks

SEA 24 48 7.9%

not suprising at all, and so far we hve not aded anyone who is known to be a pass blcoker or even avg at it, so expect more of the same.

^^^^^

EU7v9f U4AAZpYGformatjpgnamelarge

John63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":154osqcy said:
John63":154osqcy said:
ivotuk":154osqcy said:

27. Seattle Seahawks

SEA 24 48 7.9%

^^^^^

EU7v9f U4AAZpYGformatjpgnamelarge

great for him ahh does not change the facts we have done nothing to improve the line pass blocking.

"The Seahawks' pressure rate allowed in 2.5 seconds or less of 26.7% this year was third worst in the league, ahead of only the Jets and Dolphins."

yeah Sb teams should always want the 3rd worst pressure rate in under 2.5 seconds.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
xray":3hmy42ai said:
Yea, and Russ, one of the most pressured Quarterbacks in the League, needs to take a pay cut, so they can give more money to Clowny :lol:

toffee

Reaction score
I am not convinced that our OL has improved after off season personnel adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":29bkkrea said:
I am not convinced that our OL has improved after off season personnel adjustments.

Because based on what we have and what we picked up there no fact to say it has. No player we picked up was any better than what we lost at pass blocking and I fact some were ranked lower.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":3j1cs9r4 said:

Because based on what we have and what we picked up there no fact to say it has. No player we picked up was any better than what we lost at pass blocking and I fact some were ranked lower.

seabowl

Reaction score
scutterhawk":266b71kd said:
xray":266b71kd said:
Yea, and Russ, one of the most pressured Quarterbacks in the League, needs to take a pay cut, so they can give more money to Clowny :lol:

Ciara- Honey I'm concerned about your well being with your OL not being good enough.
Russ- I could restructure my contract but it will cost us probably 5-10 million dollars.
Ciara- What are you doing wasting time, get your butt on the treadmill and in shape as you'll again need to run for your life.Get!!!

toffee

Reaction score
I am surprised that we didn’t match the Bears’ on Ifedi since his contract is so cheap. Not that he’s good but his replacement isn’t any better and potentially less durable.

mcbobly

Reaction score
xray":2lz5ymiq said:
Exactly!!