Lynch: The writing was on the wall

dunceface

Reaction score
Tokadub":1ycnoy7a said:
I don't see how the "writing was on the wall" considering nothing has happened yet, Lynch is still on the team. Many of us were discussing this scenario in the off-season, it was unlikely that we would be able to afford Lynch in 2015 due to paying Russell Wilson, Sherman, Earl Thomas, Bennett, etc...

So all this "Lynch likely traded in 2015" stuff is nothing new, it's common sense in my opinion. If Turbin and Christine Michael seem somewhat capable to fill his shoes in 2015 he's probably gone. If it seems like they aren't ready or if Lynch seems capable of another great year I think he could stay on the team...

Really all of this is just overblown speculation which accomplishes nothing other than estimating the probabilities of certain things happening. It all seems like common sense with or without Marshawn's personality or any conflicts that may or may not exists.

The fact is that Lynch is starting to get up in age, AND we are about to have to pay Wilson an absurd amount of money. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put this together and realize there's a good chance that Lynch will be gone next season, but I still think he has at least a slight chance to remain on the team as I explained above.

And here's my thoughts putting myself in Lynch's shoes:

He's a super competitive guy that wants to be on the field every play, doesn't seem to really get tired so it makes sense he wouldn't wanna be on the bench for over 30% of the plays. That doesn't mean he's a bad team mate or selfish or being a drama queen if he seems disinterested when he's not on the field, he just wants to be there and doesn't get fired up when he's out.

He has been running behind a TERRIBLE offensive line that gets tons of praise for their run blocking when really they are average at best and Lynch makes them look WAYYYY better than they really are because he breaks so many tackles and improvises his running lanes. Sometimes he picks the wrong lanes but overall you can see the glaring differences between him and Turbin (maybe CMike too) that they can't get anywhere behind our O-Line because they run the "correct" lane... NOTHING IS EVER IN THE CORRECT LANE UNLESS YOU CAN BREAK LIKE 20 TACKLES.

So understandably Lynch is annoyed that he has to work so hard for every single yard when other teams with good O-Lines like Dallas just gash people without the RB breaking a sweat. I'm sure Lynch gets even more annoyed when the play calling is bad and he's in there at the wrong times.

It's just gotta be an extremely frustrating situation for Lynch, nothing comes easy to him with crap O-Line, he's not on the field as much as he could be, the play calling is at times atrocious with not giving him the ball and losing time of Possesion 2:1 in two of our losses, and he knows that he's likely to be reaching the end of his "getting paid" era even though he's done so incredibly well with the most difficult situation imaginable for a RB and he's shown no obvious signs of slowing down.

When Lynch slams the ball down after our O-Line can't even get him to the line of scrimmage before getting hit by 2+ guys... I totally understand that frustration and it doesn't bother me one bit.

Lynch also consistently has more receiving yards than many of our WR and TE's, and frankly he's probably just fed up with all this negative "drama" nonsense that is swirling around him when he just wants to do his job and be left alone. He truly is "all about that action boss", and I think it's great.

Final Thoughts:

I think all these stories are overblown and it's just the media trying to distract people with absolutely stupid ideas.

It's well known that "race baiting" is the #1 way to cause drama and distract and divide the people of a country so they never focus on what's really important. And well they already pulled that one on our QB with unconfirmed sources... whether it's true or not that's disgraceful reporting and accomplishes nothing positive for ANYONE.

Now the Lynch situation is obviously different than the recent Russell Wilson one, but it's the same kind of meaningless make something out of nothing drama stupidity competition to see who can get the most "hits" in the middle of the season. I haven't even been reading any of these articles involving Wilson or Lynch because they are sooo incredibly stupid and a waste of EVERYONE's time.

That's how I feel about it, and I don't think Lynch is having any kind of conflicts at all... and if there are some minor ones it wouldn't be the reason he's not on the team next season... THERE ARE MANY WAY MORE IMPORTANT FACTORS.

As for Lynch flipping off Bevell, good for him... I don't care sometimes guys just over-react when they know their boss or manager is being a total idiot. I think Lynch is actually A LOT smarter than people think, he's fully aware of this situation and he knows what's likely to play out. At the end of the day, Lynch get's the job done and he plays EXTREMELY HARD every snap... I see no obvious indication that he's a problem for the team unless everyone on the staff and roster is a bunch of phoney care bears who get super upset and go pout all week if Lynch isn't super happy when he gets 7 carries in a loss...

And I know I'm harsh on Bevell but I actually think he called a great game VS. Carolina. We had a ton of 2nd and short or 3rd and short situations where we ran to pick up high percentage downs, spread the ball to many receivers, good timing routes, took a shot deep etc. It was just a great game in my opinion and Lynch still carried it 14 times so I don't see what's the fuss. Obviously we wanna get CMike and Turbin more involved if Lynch is in fact gone next season, but we also want to keep Lynch well rested. It's a win-win situation as long as we win. And if Wilson, the O-Line, and our Receivers had executed a little better that would of been one heck of a nice game on offense vs the Panthers.

HOLY RUSSELL WILSON! I agree with everything in a Tokadub post *starts slow clap*