M-Rob Bold Prediction MNF

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":30l0zk9f said:
One of the league's best ball-hawking corners picking off two passes isn't THAT insane.
I'll agree that it isn't "Insane", but it is highly unlikely, AND STUPID, IF, and I mean IF Russ gets picked off ONCE by Sherman, does anyone with an ounce of sense, believe that Russell "Clutch" Wilson would throw another pick his way??? HELLLLLL NOOOOO :177692:
Again Rat, it's not "Insane", but it is ABSURD.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seems like theres a game every year where everyone thinks its a sure bet the hawks lose, then they play their asses off and win. This is that game

HansGruber

Reaction score
jlwaters1":37d4srd7 said:
I'd like to see Locket beat Sherm for 2 TD's. :D

A far more likely prediction. Sherm has been utterly mediocre this season and given up a lot of TDs. He was getting burned left and right in the cards game.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Rat":3isw6omu said:
One of the league's best ball-hawking corners picking off two passes isn't THAT insane.

Sherm hasn't been one of the leagues best ball Hawking corners in a few years. He's been average this season, or slightly below.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I like MRob.
He's throwing Sherm a bone and lighting a fire under Wilson.
He is motivating Russ to play bigtime ball too.
MRob was a QB before becoming the most underrated fb in the league. I doubt he has any animosity toward Russ.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
HansGruber":29g9bhiq said:
jlwaters1":29g9bhiq said:

A far more likely prediction. Sherm has been utterly mediocre this season and given up a lot of TDs. He was getting burned left and right in the cards game.

Are u trolling? A 82.2 rating from PFF and 3 picks is mediocre?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcspo ... tion%3famp

I think you are mad or trolling.

Our best CB which is Shaq is 73 rating.

Sherman has best rating when qbs throw his way.

He is lockdown again.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":3rjslkb7 said:
There's no reason for them to even go at Sherm.. Put DK or Gordon on him.

I am hoping they run a pitch right to see what happens with Carson VS Sherman.

Sherman would probably go for the strip

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1khe2qy1 said:
lukerguy":1khe2qy1 said:

Sherm was a great tackler when here. That was something that was overlooked by many. I am not sure how he is playing now because I could care less about SF but from what I have heard he has not fallen off a cliff. But even if he is still lockdown that does not mean nothing gets by him. Even lockdown corners get burned once in a while. While I hope nothing good for him while he plays for another team (because I hate all other teams not named Seattle Seahawks) I do hope Sherm retires and gets right again with the organization. He was fun while he was here.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":z7dorsr6 said:
Jerhawk":z7dorsr6 said:
lukerguy":z7dorsr6 said:

Sherm was a great tackler when here. That was something that was overlooked by many. I am not sure how he is playing now because I could care less about SF but from what I have heard he has not fallen off a cliff. But even if he is still lockdown that does not mean nothing gets by him. Even lockdown corners get burned once in a while. While I hope nothing good for him while he plays for another team (because I hate all other teams not named Seattle Seahawks) I do hope Sherm retires and gets right again with the organization. He was fun while he was here.

If anybody was overlooking his tackling they weren't watching or have a bad memory. I was always impressed with how much of a complete corner he was. There were guys that were arguably better in coverage when you took scheme and man/zone into consideration, but he was the best to me while he was in Seattle at being the best all-around. I don't know how many plays I saw him come in off his side and seal the edge and get a tackle on a running back (and actually lock it down), dude was there so many times.

samwize77

Reaction score
Well, it was a "bold prediction"....well see if it materializes......a corner getting 2 picks in a game isn't rare......and remember..deflections and batted balls count....

I think it'll be interesting...they know each others tendencies. RS was a great corner down the sideline. And a great tackler for a corner. Never afraid to stick his nose in there. I'm only going on memory here, and I could be wrong, but RS always seemed crappy at quick inside slants and deep posts. He relied on ET ALOT on anything to the inside. RS weakness?......I'm sure RW knows him and how and where to attack him...if at all.

Has RS lost a step also?...….he now has to keep up with DK and possibly JG.....forget MikeRobs bold prediction, this is gonna be interesting...

HansGruber

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":5krukcg5 said:
HansGruber":5krukcg5 said:
jlwaters1":5krukcg5 said:

He is lockdown again.

Not trolling. I actually watch the games. Don't need PFF stats or season INT stats to watch Sherman give up two touchdowns to the Cardinals and understand what I'm seeing. He straight up wiffed on the tackle on that 88 yard TD pass that got Arizona back into the game in the 4th. Ran right past the receiver who promptly ran it all the way in. Also got beat by Keesean Johnson on another TD.

Or being personally responsible for giving up 14 points in a game doesn't count, as long as PFF gives you good grades?

Sherman doesn't think so. He told the media he was pissed about his performance.

His tackling has been mediocre all year. I've watched every Niners game in full. I've seen him miss a lot of tackles, something you don't see in the stats and something I didn't see when he was here. I've seen him play slower than he did here and I've watched him get beat a whole lot by younger faster twitchy receivers. He's not the Sherman we knew. He's still good, but the fact that PFF is grading him higher than Shaq just underscores why I never pay attention to that site.

I don't think the shutdown label should apply just because you have 3 ints in 8 games against subpar QBs on a team with one of the best pass rushing defenses of all time. And I definitely wouldn't call Sherman shutdown at this point of his career. Not bad, but definitely not shutdown anymore. He's beatable. Especially by a guy like DK Metcalf.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
HansGruber":2mognrhv said:
Shanegotyou11":2mognrhv said:
HansGruber":2mognrhv said:
jlwaters1":2mognrhv said:

He is lockdown again.

Not trolling. I actually watch the games. Don't need PFF stats or season INT stats to watch Sherman give up two touchdowns to the Cardinals and understand what I'm seeing. He straight up wiffed on the tackle on that 88 yard TD pass that got Arizona back into the game in the 4th. Ran right past the receiver who promptly ran it all the way in. Also got beat by Keesean Johnson on another TD.

Or being personally responsible for giving up 14 points in a game doesn't count, as long as PFF gives you good grades?

Sherman doesn't think so. He told the media he was pissed about his performance.

His tackling has been mediocre all year. I've watched every Niners game in full. I've seen him miss a lot of tackles, something you don't see in the stats and something I didn't see when he was here. I've seen him play slower than he did here and I've watched him get beat a whole lot by younger faster twitchy receivers. He's not the Sherman we knew. He's still good, but the fact that PFF is grading him higher than Shaq just underscores why I never pay attention to that site.

I don't think the shutdown label should apply just because you have 3 ints in 8 games against subpar QBs on a team with one of the best pass rushing defenses of all time. And I definitely wouldn't call Sherman shutdown at this point of his career. Not bad, but definitely not shutdown anymore. He's beatable. Especially by a guy like DK Metcalf.

Shaq hasnt had a pick in 22 games.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2jweydz1 said:
Shaq hasnt had a pick in 22 games.

And yet he's still a younger, faster, better tackling, and more complete CB than Sherman.

INTs aren't everything. They still need to tackle and win their matchups. Sherman hasn't been doing that.

I don't get these fans that consistently need to hate on their own players and teams, no matter how inaccurate.

Shaq has 32 solo tackles and 10 PD.
Sherman has 21 solo tackles and 8 PD, with a vastly superior pass rush helping him out.

But I guess tackles and passes defended don't have value when it comes to CBs right? Just INTs?

Outside of Sherman's 3 picks, which you clearly didn't see in the game, you only saw on a stat sheet (otherwise you wouldn't be throwing them out there like that), Shaq is the superior CB. But I get it, you're one of those guys, and you're going to cherry pick specific stats so that you can hate on the home team and feel smart. Good for you.

My point still stands. And if SF had the option of trading Sherm straight up for Shaq, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Cuz they have actually seen film on both and it's impossible to see that film and not see that Shaq is clearly the better CB at this point.

HansGruber

Reaction score
2018:

Sherman: 30 solo, 4 PD, 0 INT
Shaq: 48 solo, 8 PD, 2 INT

BUT, Shaq is a Seahawk.
Sherman is a former Seahawk.

So of course Sherman is the better CB.

Let me know when you wanna have a chat about Sherman's INTs this season, since you clearly didn't see them (outside of a stat sheet).

That pass rush in SF, and specifically Nick Bosa, should be getting credit for those INTs. 2 of those INTs were thrown over the receiver and directly to Sherman under a heavy pass rush. Last season, Sherman was invisible in SF and regularly getting beaten.

Guarantee you put Shaq on the SF defense and he'd have more INTs than Sherman just like he did last season.

But wait. That doesn't count because Shaq is a Seahawk so clearly he sucks. That's right.

:roll:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sherm was getting beat for completions or should've been completions (Mayfield sucks) in the first quarter vs. Cleveland too. Quit watching after that cuz well, Cleveland is a dumpster fire.

HansGruber

Reaction score
He was getting owned in the AZ game, too. Teams have figured Sherman out. He's slow and struggles in coverage against young fast receivers. He's given up a bunch of yards and points to big twitchy guys. Which makes sense considering his age and injury history.

Put your youngest, fastest guy out there and you're going to beat Sherman all day. Further, his tackling is poor, especially against the run. Can't count the number of whiffs and broken arm tackles he's had against runners the last few seasons. Anyone watching SF's games in full, objectively, can see that.

That pass rush in SF might be the best I've ever seen. Bosa is an unstoppable force, looks like a young JJ Watt out there. Dude is regularly blowing up double teams and getting to the QB within a second. He's going to be a nightmare on Monday night.

But those Sherman INTs came when subpar QBs were about be sacked again, under heavy pass rush, and overthrew their targets.

Wilson won't be doing that. I fully expect him to be sacked at least 3 times, probably more. But you will never see Wilson making those stupid panic throws.

We're going to be running the ball all night. SF sucks against the run and part of the problem is their secondary just sucks at getting runners tackled once they get to the second level, and that ferocious front is always blitzing. I expect to see them dropping back a bit and really focusing on run defense which will open up the passing game, and is when you will see Metcalf matched up against Sherman and taking advantage of that mismatch. I'd put money on it. You're going to see at least one TD over Sherman.

And I expect Carson to have a great game. Maybe his best of the season.

The Breh

Reaction score
Pick the panties out of your crotches.
It's called "BOLD" predictions.
That's saying, it's not what he's betting on-but something that CAN happen.
MRob is big on the Hawks this year.
And Sherm is as capable as anyone picking off an ill advised throw.
As long as Russ plays smart, we should be good.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For most of us we recognize that MRob is a media hack now and will say whatever gets him some attention.

Maybe he’s right on SC winning, but RW throwing lots of picks to Sherman, that’s doubtful.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they wish, and I believe MRob is full of horse poop with that prediction.

Latest posts