Marsh and McEvoy won't make the 53 (speculation)

bigskydoc

Reaction score
By way of comparison,

Cutting McEvoy would free up $540,000
Kasen Williams would free $465,000
David Moore would free $399,476

So it costs more to keep any of these three than to keep Kearse.

If I am reading the numbers on Darboh's contract, it appears that out would cost us $64,716 to cut him

Kearse isn't going anywhere this season. Next season is a different picture. We would save $5 million by cutting him. He will either get an extension or he will be cut. I don't see anyone trading for that contract.

randomation

Reaction score
Your numbers are wrong it's a post june 1st cut it frees up 2.2 this year and 2.2 next year.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Why wouldn't McEvoy make the team? He is a stud and makes plays when given the chance. I've been impressed with him.

HawkerD

Reaction score
bigskydoc":20k3r0gu said:
By way of comparison,

How does any of that help when you have to sign another player at about that salary
Min Salary table:
Yrs. 2017
0 $465,000
1 $540,000
2 $615,000
3 $690,000

randomation

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2h49zcca said:
Why wouldn't McEvoy make the team? He is a stud and makes plays when given the chance. I've been impressed with him.

Because Kearse is taking up a roster spot and people want us to carry five running backs into the season. The simple solution is cut Kearse.

massari

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3e8w64n6 said:
massari":3e8w64n6 said:
peppersjap":3e8w64n6 said:
So blown away by how everyone remembers the catch Kearse made in the NFC championship game vs GB but seem to forget the multiple interceptions he caused that almost lost us the game! He needs to go this year and can't believe people think Richardson should be cut!!!
And an added bonus is that it opens $2.2M in cap room if Kearse is released. I'll be disappointed if he makes the team ahead of Darboh, McEvoy, Williams and Moore.

None of whom have proven a thing in steady gametime against NFL-caliber competition.

Kearse has. He may have nearly cost us that NFCCG, and he may have had a down year in 2016. But believe it or not, that's still more than any of the other four guys have proven. There's no guarantee that any of them would be better than Kearse.
Meant it in a way I'd be disappointed if they weren't able to beat out Kearse for a roster spot. Don't know if they've done that yet. :(

peppersjap

Reaction score
The young guys might not have proven anything yet but they also haven't had the opportunity that Kearse has. They make way less money and are younger. I hate to see young guys go out the door to keep Kearse who would more than likely not be here after this season. Both Williams and McEvoy have done enough that they will no be able to slide to the practice squad. People rave about Kearse's blocking but he is also the guy that got burned on the KC kick off return. I have been a Kearse fan since UW but I think the bad outweighs the good.

massari

Reaction score
bigskydoc":24zo353q said:
By way of comparison,

If I am reading the numbers on Darboh's contract, it appears that out would cost us $64,716 to cut him

Kearse isn't going anywhere this season. Next season is a different picture. We would save $5 million by cutting him. He will either get an extension or he will be cut. I don't see anyone trading for that contract.
Cutting Kearse will open up $2.2M this season.

POST-6/1 RELEASE
2017 Dead Cap: $1,833,333
2018 Dead Cap: $1,833,334
2017 Cap Savings: $2,200,000

AusSeahawk

Reaction score
massari":2x99gg4t said:
bigskydoc":2x99gg4t said:
By way of comparison,

Cutting Kearse will open up $2.2M this season.

POST-6/1 RELEASE
2017 Dead Cap: $1,833,333
2018 Dead Cap: $1,833,334
2017 Cap Savings: $2,200,000

Won't happen, seriously Wilson loves Kearse and trusts him.

I think hell be traded or cut at the end of the year.

Josea16

Reaction score
randomation":x3vyi7ry said:
Seahaaaawks":x3vyi7ry said:

Because Kearse is taking up a roster spot and people want us to carry five running backs into the season. The simple solution is cut Kearse.
Exactly, why do we need a fullback? It's a dead position and none of our running backs needs a fullback. Also both Carson and Lacy excel at pass blocking and pass catching. The latter has done it at a high level in actual games for years. Carson, Lacy and Procise all have fullback size and soft hands that catch the ball. Two of them have already proven it in actual games at every level.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have seen what not having a FB like Robinson and Reese does to the running game, people that say the Fullback is not needed really need to understand the running game we use better, we don't use one every play, but the I formation sets make running for back like Rawls much better.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dimqqh1 said:
Still trying figure out how Boykin makes the team. He is brutal

I'm guessing he wins based on good behavior. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
massari":5de9a822 said:
Wenhawk":5de9a822 said:
Marsh is not going anywhere, he is a hard worker and has some versatility, not to mention solid on ST.
This.... and isn't he the best SAM they have atm?

Just one of the posters (amongst a number of others) that I'll accept an apology from regarding Marsh.

He sucked for three years and thus is no longer a Hawk.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
seabowl":r1mnfkjk said:
massari":r1mnfkjk said:
Wenhawk":r1mnfkjk said:
Marsh is not going anywhere, he is a hard worker and has some versatility, not to mention solid on ST.
This.... and isn't he the best SAM they have atm?

Just one of the posters (amongst a number of others) that I'll accept an apology from regarding Marsh.

He sucked for three years and thus is no longer a Hawk.

It won't be coming from me. Obviously people believed he was valuable... we got a 5th round pick and Justin Coleman. Nobody saw this trade coming and if not for the trade he would have been on the 53.

Your statement is partially correct, he is not on the final 53. Saying he won't make the 53 was off base and you were using that he was not good enough to make it, thus the reason why many gave you a hard time. I actually think the value we received in the trade proved he was valuable.