Marsh and McEvoy won't make the 53 (speculation)

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't know if I'll say "sucked", I mean as a starter he sucked, yes.

His value was as a ST guy and utterly forgettable depth player. So...who cares.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3i8r4s7d said:
seabowl":3i8r4s7d said:
massari":3i8r4s7d said:
Wenhawk":3i8r4s7d said:
Marsh is not going anywhere, he is a hard worker and has some versatility, not to mention solid on ST.
This.... and isn't he the best SAM they have atm?

Just one of the posters (amongst a number of others) that I'll accept an apology from regarding Marsh.

He sucked for three years and thus is no longer a Hawk.

It won't be coming from me. Obviously people believed he was valuable... we got a 5th round pick and Justin Coleman. Nobody saw this trade coming and if not for the trade he would have been on the 53.

Your statement is partially correct, he is not on the final 53. Saying he won't make the 53 was off base and you were using that he was not good enough to make it, thus the reason why many gave you a hard time. I actually think the value we received in the trade proved he was valuable.

1- He didn't make the 53
2- "Marsh is not going anywhere". He's gone

Looking at what they were doing with him through the first few games of preseason it appeared to me he was not going to be on the team this year.

My comment before was not a jab but a little "I told you so" type of comment. No biggie it's all good.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I get it and it's fair because technically he is not on the roster. You seemed to think he was on the outs due to skill and production and as you saw from the responses Marsh was considered by most here as a top 50 player on this team.

He wasn't cut due to skill but you were right that he is not on the 53, just went much different than expected. Not sure anyone had mentioned him on the block. If you had floated that he should be traded I'd see your point.

My response he's not going anywhere was only in context to his place in the top 53. He would not have been cut. Again if you had floated he could be traded then I wouldn't have made the same statement.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3hvkw9s3 said:
I get it and it's fair because technically he is not on the roster. You seemed to think he was on the outs due to skill and production and as you saw from the responses Marsh was considered by most here as a top 50 player on this team.

He wasn't cut due to skill but you were right that he is not on the 53, just went much different than expected. Not sure anyone had mentioned him on the block. If you had floated that he should be traded I'd see your point.

Marsh wouldn't have made the team...that's why he was traded. They got something in return for him. Usually guys that are traded on cut day are ones that wouldn't have been kept on the final roster. He wasn't one of the best 53 players on roster, if he was he'd still be a Seahawk.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2xqy1hjf said:
Wenhawk":2xqy1hjf said:

Marsh wouldn't have made the team...that's why he was traded. They got something in return for him. Usually guys that are traded on cut day are ones that wouldn't have been kept on the final roster. He wasn't one of the best 53 players on roster, if he was he'd still be a Seahawk.

This!!!!!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Really, you get a 5th and 7th for a guy that is about to get cut? You must be crazy. Team saw only a small drop off in spots behind him, like Kearse the depth was nipping at his heals, not better but so close it is best to make the trade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

massari

Reaction score
seabowl":3m6jyxom said:
Just one of the posters (amongst a number of others) that I'll accept an apology from regarding Marsh.

You sound like a bit of a snowflake, ts. An apology on a internet forum about a topic that's debatable? I guess Sheldon Richardson wouldn't have made the Jets final 53 as well, according to your logic. Did you think someone like David Bass and Marcus Smith would step up to make Marsh expendable? Marsh is better/younger than Wilhoite but I guess they liked his LB versatility where he can play all three positions.

Marsh would've made the 53 if they weren't able to get a 5th+7th for him.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
massari":1eco2h2k said:
seabowl":1eco2h2k said:

You sound like a bit of a snowflake, ts. An apology on a internet forum about a topic that's debatable? I guess Sheldon Richardson wouldn't have made the Jets final 53 as well, according to your logic. Did you think someone like David Bass and Marcus Smith would step up to make Marsh expendable? Marsh is better/younger than Wilhoite but I guess they liked his LB versatility where he can play all three positions.

Marsh would've made the 53 if they weren't able to get a 5th+7th for him.

Respectfully disagree

chris98251

Reaction score
We just pulled in 3 first round picks from other teams this off season, there is a plan and guys with lower ceilings and high motors can't match sheer talent. That's the wall he ran into.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if Marsh sucked, Bill Belichick wouldn't have traded for him to help bolster his D line.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Does anyone here think McEvoy gets released at some point? At least from what I'm seeing he never makes it on the field.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
seabowl":3m3zdr9c said:
Does anyone here think McEvoy gets released at some point? At least from what I'm seeing he never makes it on the field.

I think your right. Bummer too, because I was rooting for him.

rcaido

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3gt12vxw said:
Doesn't he do some special teams work?
Huge penalty hitting the kicker last week.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I am shocked McEvoy hasn't been dumped and we haven't brought up Moore or even Mike Davis at RB for a look.

Seymour

Reaction score
seabowl":1urbnfze said:

When he does make it on the field, it has been a disaster. They need to cut their losses here IMO, project failed.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":h3mzjzvv said:
seabowl":h3mzjzvv said:

When he does make it on the field, it has been a disaster. They need to cut their losses here IMO, project failed.

Or maybe its just regression to the mean. He was unbelievably clutch last year and then this year he's been a negative body count. So it evens out to mediocre. Which as an UDFA isn't all that surprising.

But if he's a better special teamer than Moore or Davis, I can't see why we'd cut him and bring one of those guys up. Davis isn't the answer at RB and Moore isn't the answer at WR. What we need from our 5th string WR is special teams excellence. If there is a better special teamer on the PS then bring him up. But I don't think there is.

Basis4day

Reaction score
seabowl":xd5kpp7s said:

He plays a lot on special teams, which is what PC likes out of his WR further down the depth chart.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think the negative comments about McEvoy are overstated.

He's big, he's fast enough, usually has reliable hands (however, nobody is perfect), and doesn't see the field much except on ST where he's considered a regular member of that unit. He made some big catches last season and in the preseason but has been quiet so far this season but then again so has the rest of the O.

I doubt he's on the bubble at presentand don't think he's 'a failed project' at all.