Matchups you're looking forward to tonight/suprise cuts

Rat

Reaction score
Darboh is in, and he will be one of our most productive receivers this season. Even if he doesn't play much tonight, he is above Moore in the pecking order. Either they both make it, or just Moore gets cut.

James in PA

Reaction score
Maxwell is gone.

I’m nervous about Brandon Marshall. Really hope he makes it.

Gonna be pissed if Poona doesn’t make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James in PA

Reaction score
Rat":3nr2prya said:
Darboh is in, and he will be one of our most productive receivers this season. Even if he doesn't play much tonight, he is above Moore in the pecking order. Either they both make it, or just Moore gets cut.
Oh man, if Moore gets cut this place is gonna go ballistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabowl

Reaction score
Rat":1d7y1bnx said:

Welcome to .Net Mrs. Darboh. The dude has showed nothing to this point so you are purely guessing on this one.

Rat

Reaction score
seabowl":sp06wp9y said:
Rat":sp06wp9y said:

Welcome to .Net Mrs. Darboh. The dude has showed nothing to this point so you are purely guessing on this one.

Not purely guessing. Darboh was a stud for a big-time college program and Schneider thought highly enough to invest a 3rd round pick in him barely a year ago. Sucks that Darboh hasn't been healthy this preseason, but the team knows they have something with him and it would be callous to bail on him this early in his career.

I feel like we've had a million receivers like Moore in the past, but so many people are somehow convinced that it's different this time. He has "cut day lynch mob" written all over him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Players I'd like to see tonight:
very little of the starters or either side of the ball,

On O
- Davis not playing,
- Fant playing RT,
- Sweezy playing RG or LG for a few series,
- Darboh playing at all, somehow though I suspect he'll develop another boo-boo and the team will decide to stash him on IR before cutting him next season, I don't expect much from him at all b/c to now he hasn't shown any of the supposed explosiveness that caused the team to draft him
- Prosise playing and actually doing something tonight,
- More Moore as a WR/PR/KR
- one of Battle or Beavers actually playing adequately,
- enough TE play to make a distinction between Dissly and Vannett and Swoopes and the other two

On D
- Jackson and Jefferson
- Ford and Stephen
- Walden against the Raiders top reserves instead of just playing late
- more of Martin as a DE or SOLB pass rusher
- Alexander on ST
- Calitro not Wagner
- enough of each of Reed, Tyson, King, Boykins, and Battle to see who is better
- enough of Thorpe, and Johnson to know whether one of them should be kept
- no Thompson but enough of Jerome and Mutcherson to decide who is better
- enough of Alexander and Hill to decide Hill isn't worth keeping

I doubt many of the cuts will be a huge surprise.

Rat

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2xpdkm00 said:
hawknation2018":2xpdkm00 said:
I have seen reporters predicting that Brandon Marshall and Mike Davis will be cut, which would shock me at this point.

I was reading an article from the New's Tribune where the writer said that Mike Davis would be cut.

That's just stupid.

I don't know about that. Davis has looked like a legit NFL RB this preseason, and filled in admirably last year, but we can only devote so many roster spots to RBs. I'm not going as far as predicting it to happen, but getting caught in a logjam would not be shocking to me. I suspect he will make it for now, but he shouldn't get TOO comfortable with McKissic coming back at some point.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Rat":j54rzwqw said:
seabowl":j54rzwqw said:
Rat":j54rzwqw said:

Not purely guessing. Darboh was a stud for a big-time college program and Schneider thought highly enough to invest a 3rd round pick in him barely a year ago. Sucks that Darboh hasn't been healthy this preseason, but the team knows they have something with him and it would be callous to bail on him this early in his career.

I feel like we've had a million receivers like Moore in the past, but so many people are somehow convinced that it's different this time. He has "cut day lynch mob" written all over him.
Darboh had 3 catches for 22 yards in preseason last year. Moore has had 5 catches for 142 yards and a TD in preseason this year. He also had a return TD called back due to a questionable holding call.

Apples-to-apples for preseason performance, Moore has looked far better this year than Darboh did last year.

It's possible one of them gets cut or they both make it. Based strictly on performance, I'd stick with Moore if it came to choosing between them, but I'm not Pete and John.

Time will tell.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2at0z71g said:
D.J. Fluker is injured. JR Sweezy is playing at RG in his stead. I doubt either of them get cut at the moment for that reason.

I still suspect that one of either Poona Ford or David Moore gets cut.

Ugh, if Poona gets cut I'll be as livid as I was when Ruskell cut Bennett.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I’m literally just watching tonight because of Michael Dickson

hawknation2018

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2nofftls said:
- Darboh playing at all, somehow though I suspect he'll develop another boo-boo and the team will decide to stash him on IR before cutting him next season, I don't expect much from him at all b/c to now he hasn't shown any of the supposed explosiveness that caused the team to draft him

As you predicted . . . Darboh is NOT in uniform. Ugh.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3809rnh0 said:
jammerhawk":3809rnh0 said:

I really hope they waive him there's no real reason to carry him I think he probably clears waivers.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Surprises: Mike Davis gets cut, while Prosise makes the cut
Reynolds gets cut
Alex Mcgough gets cut

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It's going to be kind of strange with both backup QB's already knowing there not making the final roster.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1temhd1c said:
hawknation2018":1temhd1c said:
jammerhawk":1temhd1c said:

I really hope they waive him there's no real reason to carry him I think he probably clears waivers.

It seems WRs tend to clear waivers, especially when waived injured, even when highly drafted. If we lost him, I don’t think it would be a huge deal since he hasn’t separated himself from the young pack of Moore, Reynolds, Stringfellow, Grayson, etc. but I think he would clear waivers and revert to IR (with the option to activate him later) or become practice squad eligible.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3tphzdg5 said:
It's going to be kind of strange with both backup QB's already knowing there not making the final roster.

Ageeed. But we know they'll be giving it their all for the other 31 teams

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I can't see how Pete in good conscience now keeps Darboh on the roster given the other WRs have all outplayed him in the preseason. last season he didn't deserve his roster spot but was kept b/c of his potential and his draft position. They could stash him on IR, but even then paying him seem a waste of cap $.

'Always Compete' should actually have some meaning or it's simply BS.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think Darboh is gone. Pete basically said he was close to being cleared to play but they just didn't do it. I gotta think that had to do with not wanting him to get hurt so they could cut him.

I would think Maxwell will be fairly safe. Even if he doesn't win the starting job, he would seem to provide good depth, no?