Matchups you're looking forward to tonight/suprise cuts

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, here we are less than 6 hours from the final pre-season game. Obviously the starters will play one series, if that. But with so many battles for final spots on the roster, I'm curious to hear which position battle everyone is looking at tonight. And.......some surprise cuts.

I'm calling for a couple cuts, but Maxwell is my pick for most surprising (but they bring him back in week 2 or 3)
I also am predicting that Fluker and Darboh don't make the final cuts. (EDIT: Fluke makes the team)

As far as matchups go, D Line and WR are what I'm most intrigued with. A lot to still be determined.

Let's hear yours........

bbsplitter

Reaction score
If Fluker is still out, I want to see if Sweezy outplays him

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kh69weu said:
Well, here we are less than 6 hours from the final pre-season game. Obviously the starters will play one series, if that. But with so many battles for final spots on the roster, I'm curious to hear which position battle everyone is looking at tonight. And.......some surprise cuts.

I'm calling for a couple cuts, but Maxwell is my pick for most surprising. But I also am predicting that Fluker and Darboh don't make the final cuts.

As far as matchups go, D Line and WR are what I'm most intrigued with. A lot to still be determined.

Let's hear yours........

Fluker? I’m thinking Sweezy will be cut. One of them will have to playRG. Sweezy has hardly practiced yet alone played in a preseason game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Fluker getting cut would definitely qualify as a surprise. He's been a huge (pun intended) addition to the line, particularly in the run game.

I could see Maxie getting cut if they think the youngsters will hold up well enough to real game situations.

I think Darboh is on the bubble.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I don't see Fluker being cut at all. He's the starter at RG. Roos will be his backup.

And last I read, Sweezy is being looked at as a backup LG so I doubt that he gets cut either.

Maxwell is on the bubble and likely gets cut.

And I feel the same way about Shamar Stephen, who gets cut to make room for Poona Ford.

Atradees

Reaction score
Pete said Sweezy practiced all week at right and some left was implied. I will be curious to see how well he pulls because we didnt do that when he was here. I see us keeping both Fluker and Sweezy. Especially because of injury histories.

I would like to see Penny play a ton. I think he is back.

No room for dorbah with Moore, Marshall, Baldwin, the extension, and J Brown.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Atradees":16i3rcbu said:
I would like to see Penny play a ton. I think he is back.
I'll be surprised if he gets snaps tonite. Why risk further injury to his hand? Save him for week 1.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Darboh and Sweezy have not played in the preseason yet, but they are expected to play tonight. Those two would also qualify as somewhat surprising cuts.

Maxwell will not play this preseason. I don’t think he has had any urgency to play in the preseason, which could result in him being released.

If they decide not to keep a FB on the initial 53, that would also qualify as a surprise. They have been pretty determined to have a FB, but injuries and underperformance could change those plans, at least initially.

I have seen reporters predicting that Brandon Marshall and Mike Davis will be cut, which would shock me at this point.

D

DomeHawk

hawknation2018":11heph9u said:
I have seen reporters predicting that Brandon Marshall and Mike Davis will be cut, which would shock me at this point.

I was reading an article from the New's Tribune where the writer said that Mike Davis would be cut.

That's just stupid.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
D.J. Fluker is injured. JR Sweezy is playing at RG in his stead. I doubt either of them get cut at the moment for that reason.

I still suspect that one of either Poona Ford or David Moore gets cut.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
-Ed Dickson-Injury settlement.
-B Max
-CJ Prosise
-DJ Alexander
-Thorpe
-Sweezy

hawknation2018

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ukk67s3 said:
D.J. Fluker is injured. JR Sweezy is playing at RG in his stead. I doubt either of them get cut at the moment for that reason.

I still suspect that one of either Poona Ford or David Moore gets cut.

Moore I think is a lock; that would be shocking.

Ponna getting cut would be disappointing but not too susprising, given that they have four other DTs playing really well. If one of those other DTs was released (Reed/Johnson/Stephen/Jones) that would be more surprising, though Jones has dealt with a lot of injuries. I guess I would name Jones as a surprise cut possibility.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thx, always fun to look back on it later. Plus, I know once the cuts happen, this place is gonna' be popcorn worthy :)
No matter what they do, people will be angry. That's part of it though.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2a818ddw said:
Thx, always fun to look back on it later. Plus, I know once the cuts happen, this place is gonna' be popcorn worthy :)
No matter what they do, people will be angry. That's part of it though.

Isn't it interesting to go back and read the Kasen Wiliams/Troymaine Pope threads, and see how those guys lit it up on other teams after they left here?

Sure, there are some who do well--Alex Collins comes to mind--but many don't make it. Also interesting to see which fans leave with their pet players.

I'm anxious to see the safety play this evening.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I hope Poona Ford leaves no doubt he has to be on the 53... I'm also interested to watch the CB's play as I think Maxwell is off this team since he decided to take the whole preseason off.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Potential surprise cut: G Jordan Roos

Just making the cut: G Willie Beavers, DI Poona Ford

Beavers, a second-year Western Michigan product, has proven too valuable in pass protection to let walk, especially if Roos is given the nod ahead of him. Beavers has allowed just one pressure across 46 pass-blocking snaps and earned an 84.4 pass-blocking grade this preseason. Roos, on the other hand, has allowed seven pressures in 73 pass-blocking snaps and has little experience in previous years to push him ahead of Beavers.

Ford has earned an 83.4 overall grade across his 71 preseason snaps, ranking second among all Seahawks defenders. While other Seattle defensive interior linemen have played well, Ford’s play has been strong enough for the team to find a way to keep him in the building.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... -nfl-teams