Matchups you're looking forward to tonight/suprise cuts

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
I dont follow college football, and Im certainly not from the NW. So when I see talk about Darboh making the team, I often have remind myself that he is actually a guy on our roster. That shouldn't happen with a third round pick. Im sure he was big in college, even bigger in high school. But here, now? Let's move on already. Moore has flashed. Every time he touches the ball, every single one of you hold your breath just a bit, and dont blink till the play is over. He's not the next coming, but he really has the wow factor. Keep him. Darboh who?

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":gsk605ig said:
I can't see how Pete in good conscience now keeps Darboh on the roster given the other WRs have all outplayed him in the preseason. last season he didn't deserve his roster spot but was kept b/c of his potential and his draft position. They could stash him on IR, but even then paying him seem a waste of cap $.

'Always Compete' should actually have some meaning or it's simply BS.

Player evaluation goes beyond simply who had the best preseason stats. Schneider and Carroll are trying to put together the 53-man roster they feel best gives the team a chance to compete and win. They clearly thought highly of Darboh a year ago, and they have had countless practices and camps to evaluate his progress. If they are comfortable with where he is, and feel good about his potential going forward, he should get a spot despite being injured in preseason. There would be nothing hypocritical about it on Carroll's part.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Darboh....Gone! Cant get wealthy if you cant stay healthy. Good move by the Hawks

seabowl

Reaction score
Rat":1a7dgdvx said:
seabowl":1a7dgdvx said:
Rat":1a7dgdvx said:
Darboh is in, and he will be one of our most productive receivers this season. Even if he doesn't play much tonight, he is above Moore in the pecking order. Either they both make it, or just Moore gets cut.

Welcome to .Net Mrs. Darboh. The dude has showed nothing to this point so you are purely guessing on this one.

Not purely guessing. Darboh was a stud for a big-time college program and Schneider thought highly enough to invest a 3rd round pick in him barely a year ago. Sucks that Darboh hasn't been healthy this preseason, but the team knows they have something with him and it would be callous to bail on him this early in his career.

I feel like we've had a million receivers like Moore in the past, but so many people are somehow convinced that it's different this time. He has "cut day lynch mob" written all over him.

Bye bye Darboh

Rat

Reaction score
seabowl":3rw07p9x said:
Rat":3rw07p9x said:
seabowl":3rw07p9x said:
Rat":3rw07p9x said:
Darboh is in, and he will be one of our most productive receivers this season. Even if he doesn't play much tonight, he is above Moore in the pecking order. Either they both make it, or just Moore gets cut.

Welcome to .Net Mrs. Darboh. The dude has showed nothing to this point so you are purely guessing on this one.

Not purely guessing. Darboh was a stud for a big-time college program and Schneider thought highly enough to invest a 3rd round pick in him barely a year ago. Sucks that Darboh hasn't been healthy this preseason, but the team knows they have something with him and it would be callous to bail on him this early in his career.

I feel like we've had a million receivers like Moore in the past, but so many people are somehow convinced that it's different this time. He has "cut day lynch mob" written all over him.

Bye bye Darboh

Not the first time I've been wrong. I guess it's hard to prove your worth when you can't get healthy enough to get on the field.

I still think he's a tremendous talent; I hope he gets to our practice squad. Maybe that'll light a fire under him.

w00t

Reaction score
Darboh got picked up by the PATS