McDougald's health is very important

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2g02iq2k said:
Seahwkgal":2g02iq2k said:
We just can’t get rid of the injury bug. Ironically our healthiest seasons were when we went to both SBs. Health is the biggest issue in winning it all. JMO.

Yep, and IMO it's why we lost the 2nd SB, the entire LOB was hurt. People keep pointing to "the play," but if Sherman, Earl and Kam are healthy and Lane doesn't break his arm during the game allowing Brady to abuse Simon like a red headed stepchild, we hold that 10 pt lead in the 4th.

I honestly think Pete's going to play it safe with guys dinged up Sunday. I think he knows we need to win against Arizona 1st, and this game against the Chiefs isn't as important.

So I HIGHLY doubt we see McDougald.

So much this...it was the difference in that game without question.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":242dubn7 said:
Seahwkgal":242dubn7 said:
We just can’t get rid of the injury bug. Ironically our healthiest seasons were when we went to both SBs. Health is the biggest issue in winning it all. JMO.

In a league that creates parity like the NFL there becomes 3 major factors that typically determine outcome:
1) Coaching
2) Reffing
3) Health
"Reffing" ? , I've been informed that piss poor Reffing isn't an excuse, but I damned well know better, & so do all the naysayers, whether they they want to admit it or not.
Most teams can still stay on a roll with two - three, & even four bad calls in a game, but if you have one or two inept Ref's scrutinizing one side more than the other?, it can neutralize ANY advantage of ANY team in the League....See Last weeks game against the 49rs, Seahawks, man for man, has the better team, but they also had the ire of the piss poor Officiating holding them in check.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The thing about officiating is it looks like a random factor in any one game but can bias things long-term because it is unavoidably dependent on perception. We all take in new information through the filter of our prior expectations and officials are no different.

For examples, see: Michael Jordan never traveling, Jermaine Kearse and illegal pick plays, Seahawks offensive line holding, Peyton Manning getting RTP calls, Jeff Fisher heading the competition committee, etc.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1g6uj4qn said:
Mad Dog":1g6uj4qn said:
Seahwkgal":1g6uj4qn said:

In a league that creates parity like the NFL there becomes 3 major factors that typically determine outcome:
1) Coaching
2) Reffing
3) Health
"Reffing" ? , I've been informed that piss poor Reffing isn't an excuse, but I damned well know better, & so do all the naysayers, whether they they want to admit it or not.
Most teams can still stay on a roll with two - three, & even four bad calls in a game, but if you have one or two inept Ref's scrutinizing one side more than the other?, it can neutralize ANY advantage of ANY team in the League....See Last weeks game against the 49rs, Seahawks, man for man, has the better team, but they also had the ire of the piss poor Officiating holding them in check.

I never said it cannot contribute to a loss. I'm saying you cannot change the refs, just how you play and there is no league wide directive to make sure the Seahawks lose as some would have you believe.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AgentDib":crvmimck said:
The thing about officiating is it looks like a random factor in any one game but can bias things long-term because it is unavoidably dependent on perception. We all take in new information through the filter of our prior expectations and officials are no different. .

The only perception is the perception of myopic homer fans in every city that perceive some sort of nefarious league wide and media bias against their team................for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than paranoia.

This year the Hawk's line is 10th in the league in holding penalties.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/off ... &view=team

2017: 16th in the league
2016: 13th
2015: 16th
2014: 18th

Middle of the pack, even in recent years that our line was downright putrid.

Why do some people go down the insane "conspiracy theory the refs and league is out to get us?" I have no idea, but my theory is that these are Hawk fans that don't watch football other than the Hawks, and therefore don't see that these are issues for all teams, and that the refs overall are just inconsistent to downright terrible.

So when a bad call is made it's much easier to say "OMG THE LEAGUE/REFS HATES US!!"

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2m45da1v said:
AgentDib":2m45da1v said:
The thing about officiating is it looks like a random factor in any one game but can bias things long-term because it is unavoidably dependent on perception. We all take in new information through the filter of our prior expectations and officials are no different. .

The only perception is the perception of myopic homer fans in every city that perceive some sort of nefarious league wide and media bias against their team................for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than paranoia.

This year the Hawk's line is 10th in the league in holding penalties.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/off ... &view=team

2017: 16th in the league
2016: 13th
2015: 16th
2014: 18th

Middle of the pack, even in recent years that our line was downright putrid.

Why do some people go down the insane "conspiracy theory the refs and league is out to get us?" I have no idea, but my theory is that these are Hawk fans that don't watch football other than the Hawks, and therefore don't see that these are issues for all teams, and that the refs overall are just inconsistent to downright terrible.

So when a bad call is made it's much easier to say "OMG THE LEAGUE/REFS HATES US!!"

It's a chunk of every fan base. "They're out to get us" is one of the most basic human fallacies and it is easily activated. The idea that officials just make mistakes, it's just hard because it's subjective, or your team lost because of a litany of factors is too complicated. "The refs screw us! ON PURPOSE!" is super easy.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1inryp6v said:
Having the #1 rushing offense in the league will be the difference in this one. Pound the rock and eat that clock. Wear down their D in the 2nd half.

Negligible since they have the #1 offense and our defense is super banged up. Our best hope is a shoot-out.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3c16vox8 said:
SoulfishHawk":3c16vox8 said:
Having the #1 rushing offense in the league will be the difference in this one. Pound the rock and eat that clock. Wear down their D in the 2nd half.

Negligible since they have the #1 offense and our defense is super banged up. Our best hope is a shoot-out.

Wut? The running game will be absolutely essential.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":2z3z0kf0 said:
WestcoastSteve":2z3z0kf0 said:
SoulfishHawk":2z3z0kf0 said:

Pound the rock. Ball control and fundamental offense. BWAGZ is the best coverage linebacker in the league and Poona is starting to get hungry. I wouldn’t give up on Norton’s defense.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1y09ycsi said:
That's true for all playoff teams

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1upazdg8 said:
Hollandhawk":1upazdg8 said:
WestcoastSteve":1upazdg8 said:
SoulfishHawk":1upazdg8 said:

Pound the rock. Ball control and fundamental offense. BWAGZ is the best coverage linebacker in the league and Poona is starting to get hungry. I wouldn’t give up on Norton’s defense.

Dilly DAM Dilly.