McKissic: A Star Is Born

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":sy9io3qw said:
Is he even gonna be active if Prosise is healthy?

When would Prosise ever be fully healthy and if so, for how long? McKissic was ultra impressive out there with a burst we haven't seen in quite awhile. It's almost criminal they haven't used him until tonight with pure speed like that. I hope they integrate him into the gameplan as both a change of pace back, 3rd down back and split him wide. And he returns kicks too. Very versatile and can't wait to see him more.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Seafan":3n1prwke said:
WestcoastSteve":3n1prwke said:
Seafan":3n1prwke said:
He was born in the preseason and never should have been inactive. That is effing criminal.

He's the best offensive player on the team with CC out.

920x920

I love Doug Baldwin but the next time he takes a hand off behind this OL and scores a TD from 21 yards out will be the first. McKissic is a play maker. The Hawks needs to get the ball into his hands every game.
Sounds like we might have found our next Chris Mathews??? You have to love what the guy did today but pump the brakes a little bit!!!

randomation

Reaction score
Seafan":ib8bgi4s said:
He was born in the preseason and never should have been inactive. That is effing criminal.

He's the best offensive player on the team with CC out.

Wilson Baldwin No E Jimmy are all better offensive players than him come on now.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Incredible burst of speed. Be interesting to have him take a jet sweep instead of "No E"

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
We should be using him the way the Chiefs use Tyreek Hill or how Washington uses Chris Thompson. Script 5 or so plays each game that are "McKissic" plays. Draws, quick screens, whatever. See what he can do on a regular basis.

Cc5674

Reaction score
SlickRick":c31639nm said:
I liked what I seen out of him tonight. Looks fantastic, maybe give him extra reps in practice. Lacy & McNasty kissic could be the duo we were looking for.

Mckissic could be that diamond in the rough

Yeah could be a great one if we played the Colts 16 games a year. Carson was the hammer this team needed and he gets hurt running the ball late in the game with the team up big. Why not get Lacy some carries and save Carson. Lacy needed some exercise since he wasnt even on the active list the week before. Teams can prepare for McKissic they wer having trouble stoping Carson. He could have been resting up for next Sunday and now he will have all year to rest. POOR COACHING! SOUND FAMILIAR!

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
How McKissic was actually ahead of Chris Carson is also up for debate....I think Mike Davis (assuming he's still on Practice Squad), can replace CC in that role, mixed with some other backs....I don't see Rawls having that burst of two years ago like he had at Cincinnati in 2015 and other games that year.

McKissic, Prosise, Davis and Lacy are the healthiest group that doesn't need massive holes to gain yards....

Chapow

Reaction score
Cc5674":3sfx0jyc said:
SlickRick":3sfx0jyc said:
I liked what I seen out of him tonight. Looks fantastic, maybe give him extra reps in practice. Lacy & McNasty kissic could be the duo we were looking for.

Yeah could be a great one if we played the Colts 16 games a year. Carson was the hammer this team needed and he gets hurt running the ball late in the game with the team up big. Why not get Lacy some carries and save Carson. Lacy needed some exercise since he wasnt even on the active list the week before. Teams can prepare for McKissic they wer having trouble stoping Carson. He could have been resting up for next Sunday and now he will have all year to rest. POOR COACHING! SOUND FAMILIAR!

You seem upset. I hope posting this same thing over and over in multiple threads makes you feel better.

Football is a very physical, violent game. Injuries happen. Yesterday was a pretty bad day in the NFL with lots of guys going down. If you get this upset when players get injured, maybe football isn't for you.

Again, Carson is a rookie. He still has a lot to learn. He needs his reps. There is no substitute for live game reps. It's not like you're going to listen to reason anyway so I have no idea why I'm bothering.

Seymour

Reaction score
McKissic had a heck of a 1st 10 plays on the field including 2TD's. I like what I see from him, very explosive and illusive runner.

That said "a star is born" is a great example of how over reaction Monday's can work both ways.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cc5674":2qiqaqd1 said:
SlickRick":2qiqaqd1 said:

Congrats!
You have 41 posts here and have already become a broken record.

It was an injury that happens in the NFL. I am as critical as anyone on coaching, and Carson getting injured is NOT on coaching dude.

He is a rookie that needs reps, we needed to run the ball to kill clock, and he got hurt.

Unfortunate accident. END OF STORY.... So drop the madness please. :roll:

KillerB

Reaction score
Cc5674":3be54axx said:
SlickRick":3be54axx said:

You keep posting this same thing, and it's as inaccurate now as the first time(s). Early fourth quarter with a lead is *exactly* when you want your money back carrying the ball. Bad luck on the injury but having Carson on the field was the obvious call.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Seafan":26rsct9j said:
Missing_Clink":26rsct9j said:
Is he even gonna be active if Prosise is healthy?

The question should be will Prosise be active if McKissic is healthy. Time to move on.

You are aware that Prosise has demonstrated every bit of the explosiveness Mkissic has shown, over a larger sample size right? Does that 75 yd TD run ring a bell? How about the 150 yards he racked up in Foxborough last year?

I just came in here to say, in addition to his offense, did anyone else see him come flying in on the 2nd INT? He came flying in like a bat out of hell to try and make the tackle on that. Great hustle.

A-Dog

Reaction score
evergreen":3t5gknt0 said:
Dude looks like Percy Harvin in his prime.
Difference is Percy had 4.29 speed and McKissic has 4.59 speed. I do see the resemblance though.

chris98251

Reaction score
A-Star-is-Born-blu-ray-judy-garland.jpg

HOLVCS00032327s20conflicted20copy202015 01 22

A_Star_Is_Born_movie_Lady_Gaga_.jpg

So McKissic is in another remake?

Seymour

Reaction score
A-Dog":27b82ghx said:
evergreen":27b82ghx said:
Dude looks like Percy Harvin in his prime.
Difference is Percy had 4.29 speed and McKissic has 4.59 speed. I do see the resemblance though.

Please show me evidence Harvin ever ran under 4.3. I don't think so boss.

McKissic is faster than 4.59 for damn sure.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cc5674":16ctnq5q said:
SlickRick":16ctnq5q said:

You've said this a few times now.

HansGruber

Reaction score
chris98251":2ewcabk4 said:

I actually thought that was two dudes kissing at first. Then I was like, why would they have two guys kissing in the 60's? Then I realized it was Barbara Streisand, and threw up in my mouth a little.

As to the over-reactions:

Yes, McKissic certainly looked good against a tired Colts defense. But Rawls and Prosise have looked good, and Turbin looked pretty good for a while too. I'm not judging him at all until he's played a full season.

Carson looked really good, but he got injured in week 3. They say health is a skill. To me, Carson while being great so far this season, just reminds me of Rawls. A couple flashes of greatness and then injured.

sutz

Reaction score
CC hasn't replied much. I suspect he's been tombstoned. ;)