McKissic: A Star Is Born

Rocket

Reaction score
Seafan":1mquxh9p said:
He's the best offensive player on the team with CC out.

After only one ( 1 ) game? That's prophetic. Jesus would be jealous.
I'm a licensed Altar Boy, so I can say that with impunity.

Seafan

Reaction score
Seanhawk":23plulmh said:
themunn":23plulmh said:
hawknation2017":23plulmh said:
1yhL7OG.gif

Colts need to cut that safety, he jumps out of the way of McKissic!

I'm a Seahawk fan and that poor play resulted in a TD for my team, but that was so poor it still makes me angry. Pathetic.

That's interesting since Hawkblogger thought that play was an act of poor sportsmanship on Pete Carroll.

It's was 4th and 3 and Russ lobs it up kind of like a punt. Two Colts nearby and McKissic goes and gets it. Nothing unsportsman about it IMO. The Colts come out and still try to make first downs after that drive.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":m3zfv2mw said:
Well, if someone doesn't like a team "running up the score" then stop it from happening.

Exactly. These guys are pro's, if you can't handle it, maybe pro football isn't the career for you. I expect teams to run the score up on the Hawks, if they can. If they don't, then they are begging to lose. With Russ, Doug, and this defense, flat out crazy not to run the score up.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seanhawk":8dnh6uvf said:
themunn":8dnh6uvf said:
hawknation2017":8dnh6uvf said:

I'm a Seahawk fan and that poor play resulted in a TD for my team, but that was so poor it still makes me angry. Pathetic.

As "bad" of a play that may have been for colts d, it is even better of a throw by Russ, and a great adjustment back to a throw by J.D. he is a young guy, with next to zero pro experience.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Seafan":1krq8om4 said:
Seanhawk":1krq8om4 said:
themunn":1krq8om4 said:
hawknation2017":1krq8om4 said:

That's interesting since Hawkblogger thought that play was an act of poor sportsmanship on Pete Carroll.

It's was 4th and 3 and Russ lobs it up kind of like a punt. Two Colts nearby and McKissic goes and gets it. Nothing unsportsman about it IMO. The Colts come out and still try to make first downs after that drive.

Hawkblogger apparently doesn't understand Pete's philosophy on going for it on 4th down late in games when in field goal range. He feels it's actually more likely the other team has a chance to get a stop and prevent more points from being scored vs. trying a FG and almost ensuring additional points go on the board. It's a very defensive-coach way of looking at it. Give their D a chance to stop us and they can't say we're running it up.

Unfortunately for the Colts, Russ saw an opening and went for it and JD made a great play.

Seafan

Reaction score
That was an excellent play and one they had designed/intended for Prosise. A fast RB 1:1 matchup with an LB.

I hope to see this in the Hawk arsenal in the future:

Two TEs(Graham, Willson), Lockett as the lone WR and 2 backs (Prosise and McKissic).

Before the snap Graham goes wide and Prosise and McKissic line up on the line. Choose your poison.

Hopefully use it when the other team has no timeouts. Seeing a double TE set and two backs they will suspect power run. With only two CBs on the field RW will likely have more than one place to go for a TD.

Lwrb25

Reaction score
Seafan":1ztpalcu said:
That was an excellent play and one they had designed/intended for Prosise. A fast RB 1:1 matchup with an LB.

I hope too see this in the Hawk arsenal in the future:

Two TEs(Graham, Willson), Lockett as the lone WR and 2 backs (Prosise and McKissic).

Before the snap Graham goes wide and Prosise and McKissic line up on the line. Choose your poison.

Hopefully use it when the other team has no timeouts. Seeing a double TE set and two backs they will suspect power run. With only two CBs on the field RW will likely have more than one place to go for a TD.

I mean, that sounds almost too straightforward and logical.

Odds of us never seeing it?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3299ykx4 said:
Hawkstorian":3299ykx4 said:
Bold Prediction:

McKissic will finish his NFL career with a total of 2 combined TDs.

Post Of The Day

A week later these 2 posts are still interesting. Strange how some will try to always knock down a new player who excels if they weren't from the best football pedigree-i.e. school and draft status and/or pro day times.

McKissic already has more TDs than Prosise in his career and contributed again today with 3 nice receptions. He's already a very solid 3rd down back at the least and can stay on the field and take a hit unlike Prosise who's nursing yet another boo-boo.

sutz

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":7q5hkjre said:
Smellyman":7q5hkjre said:
Hawkstorian":7q5hkjre said:
Bold Prediction:

Post Of The Day

A week later these 2 posts are still interesting. Strange how some will try to always knock down a new player who excels if they weren't from the best football pedigree-i.e. school and draft status and/or pro day times.

McKissic already has more TDs than Prosise in his career and contributed again today with 3 nice receptions. He's already a very solid 3rd down back at the least and can stay on the field and take a hit unlike Prosise who's nursing yet another boo-boo.
Oh, and he is a credible WR type as well. :2thumbs:

Smellyman

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1twbj98l said:
Smellyman":1twbj98l said:
Hawkstorian":1twbj98l said:
Bold Prediction:

Post Of The Day

Not knocking him at all. Thought the comment was funny. I hope he has a long and great career. I could care less where his pedigree is from, nice to throw that in my face. I am the one who says you never draft on potential, but just draft already good football players. You certainly inferred a lot for me writing POTD.

But a thread calling him a star after two plays is ridiculous.

And why do you have to knock down Prosise just to hype up McKissic?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
He also has 2 potential TDs missed due to early game RW jitters and overthrows. He is always being covered by a safety or LB and that is a big mismatch. With his speed and agility, he should be target #1 if that happens to be the coverage.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seafan":27u68ouq said:
Seanhawk":27u68ouq said:
themunn":27u68ouq said:
hawknation2017":27u68ouq said:

The sun rises in the east. In other news, Hawkblogger overreacts to something. Details at eleven.