Mike and Mike this morning

bigDhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1k7gd9h4 said:
I listen to these two idiots on the way to work because there's nothing else in the way of sports talk in my area. ANYWAY, they were talking to that other idiot, Cris Carter this morning, and Greenberg said "The one thing we learned this weekend is that no team in the NFL is on the level of Seattle right now". Golic chimed in with "No they are not". Carter emphatically agreed, calling us "the standard of the NFL".

Feels pretty goddamn good, doesn't it? I said this all weekend, there is no team close to our level right now.

I hear what you're saying, but honestly the thought that we now conform to what the likes of Mike & Mike and Chris Carter consider the 'NFL Standard' makes me cringe. I suppose it's possible for such shills to acknowledge painful truth on rare occasion, but I much prefer to operate and win contrary to their narrow, ratings-based football sensibilities.

frosted21

Reaction score
bigDhawk":253glkp3 said:
peachesenregalia":253glkp3 said:
I listen to these two idiots on the way to work because there's nothing else in the way of sports talk in my area. ANYWAY, they were talking to that other idiot, Cris Carter this morning, and Greenberg said "The one thing we learned this weekend is that no team in the NFL is on the level of Seattle right now". Golic chimed in with "No they are not". Carter emphatically agreed, calling us "the standard of the NFL".

Feels pretty goddamn good, doesn't it? I said this all weekend, there is no team close to our level right now.

I hear what you're saying, but honestly the thought that we now conform to what the likes of Mike & Mike and Chris Carter consider the 'NFL Standard' makes me cringe. I suppose it's possible for such shills to acknowledge painful truth on rare occasion, but I much prefer to operate and win contrary to their narrow, ratings-based football sensibilities.

Cris*

Tokadub

Reaction score
Wow, when I read the title of this thread I was expecting them to have totally trashed us and underrated us for no reason. The last time I heard them a few days ago they were saying the Seahawks would not win the Superbowl this year because no team has done it for awhile... that was their whole argument...

I thought we were the most likely team to win last year because the rest of the NFL felt relatively soft compared to us. Obviously the 49ers were the closest team to us last season for the "gritty" toughness factor, and sure enough the 49ers were the team to almost knock us out of the playoffs.

But this year the rest of the NFL seems to be EVEN SOFTER :D

I'm gonna stick with my original prediction before the season started that the 49ers are going to have a major decline this year. I think they win 9 games tops. Dallas could of very easily beat them if not for 4 FRICKEN TURNOVERS!

Honestly if the Cowboys had just run the ball on nearly every single down they could of won, they were averaging 5.5 yards per carry. Throw almost any QB back there for the Cowboys and they would of beat the 49ers. 49ers look REALLY REALLY bad with their run defense, they will lose many games.

I got the NFL Game Rewind so I'm in the process of watching most the games in condensed format. Just watched the Patriots VS Dolphins last night and dang Patriots run D looks ATROCIOUS! Brady looks like this may be the beginning of the end for him, he was very inaccurate on many throws, even worst than last years playoffs VS the Broncos.

We already spanked Green Bay, and the Saints look pretty awful on defense so far.

Sadly it seems to me that the Broncos are our biggest threat to repeat this year, but they looked quite underwhelming against the Colts. Manning is clearly on the decline too but maybe not as much as Brady it's hard to say.

All this is purely speculative since we just finished week 1. But last year our biggest threat was the 49ers, I don't think this is the case anymore I expect them to fail. If our biggest threat is now the Broncos from the AFC... well this season might be a joke for how easily we repeat.

I don't wanna get too cocky, but it really seems like the Hawks might be peaking at a perfect time when no other teams can really touch how awesome we are.

hawker84

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1xmoq1uh said:
I don't know, I thought the niners looked pretty good. Realistically, the Packers are about the exact equivalent to the Cowboys. Potent offense and lousy defense. SF pretty much dominated them on the road to a similar degree we just did at home.

Especially considering the losses -- I don't see this year as the year the niners fall off the map. They still look like our most fierce and equal rival.

The Saints look like they just lost the #1 overall seed already. They will have a rough time making 13-3. If that effort was indicative of their season they look like an 11-5 team.

Incorrect. Dallas is nowhere near the TEAM that Greenbay is. Rogers > Romo times 10, Greenbays defense much better the Dallas. Dallas has zero pass rush and a horrible secondary, with lee out the run defense is not strong. they're a disaster on just about every level. the offense will put up points but not enough to overcome Romo's bonehead decisions ( which he will continue to make ) and the lack of defense.

Sorry Greenbay 100x better than Dallas.. Greenbay will make the playoffs's, Dallas will have top 5 pick in next years draft if not #1.

JMO

hawker84

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":16zcva1r said:
Hawks46":16zcva1r said:
I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I saw two good Kap highlights where he actually stepped up into the pocket on one play, and rolled out and broke a tackle on another. Looking at the stats he had 16 completions, 12 of which went to Boldin and Davis. 2 went to Johnson and 2 went to Crabtree. This isn't the what I'd call spreading ball around and looks to be the same Kap that makes 2 reads and runs.

Wait, Kap with 2 reads? You mean he's doubled his mental on-field ability?

It was the Boldin / Davis show. Crabtree and and others practically non exisistant. Isn't Crabs their #1? Maybe Dallas gameplanned to take Crabs away I don't know, if so that was extremely dumb because i think Boldin is the more dangerous of the two.

Why would Kap need to make more than two reads when Davis and Boldin were open on every play?

Escamillo

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3tecu76q said:

That take by the national talking heads is as much their reaction to the Saints' opener as to the Seahawks'. The Saints have been the national consensus for SB winners, and losing their opener disillusioned their backers in the national media. Couple that with Seattle handling the #2 national consensus, the Packers, and it results in the national media concluding that if neither the Saints nor Packers can deal with the Seahawks, then nobody can.

But the national media can turn on a dime, they are very sensationalistic, and love to push the narrative of the day. I don't put much credence into them, they are just useful for mindless diversion entertainment. lol

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawker84":tehedbew said:
Attyla the Hawk":tehedbew said:
Sorry Greenbay 100x better than Dallas.. Greenbay will make the playoffs's, Dallas will have top 5 pick in next years draft if not #1.

JMO
There are a few teams that will be right with them for that pick. Like the Rams, Kansas City and a couple others. To me the NFL is very unbalanced this year you have some really good teams but there are several very bad teams also.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hawker84":2qlhwrek said:
Attyla the Hawk":2qlhwrek said:
I don't know, I thought the niners looked pretty good. Realistically, the Packers are about the exact equivalent to the Cowboys. Potent offense and lousy defense. SF pretty much dominated them on the road to a similar degree we just did at home.

Especially considering the losses -- I don't see this year as the year the niners fall off the map. They still look like our most fierce and equal rival.

The Saints look like they just lost the #1 overall seed already. They will have a rough time making 13-3. If that effort was indicative of their season they look like an 11-5 team.

Incorrect. Dallas is nowhere near the TEAM that Greenbay is. Rogers > Romo times 10, Greenbays defense much better the Dallas. Dallas has zero pass rush and a horrible secondary, with lee out the run defense is not strong. they're a disaster on just about every level. the offense will put up points but not enough to overcome Romo's bonehead decisions ( which he will continue to make ) and the lack of defense.

JMO
^ This.. You all on the Dallas Romos jockstrap need to chill. No way Erin Radgerz throws 3 picks so casually. No how the Cowbells make it to the playoffs this year or any in the near future with Anthony Ramos. GB defense is way better than the Cowbells who has Michael Sam a possible future starter on its defense.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3eejwqi0 said:
hawker84":3eejwqi0 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3eejwqi0 said:

JMO
^ This.. You all on the Dallas Romos jockstrap need to chill. No way Erin Radgerz throws 3 picks so casually. No how the Cowbells make it to the playoffs this year or any in the near future with Anthony Ramos. GB defense is way better than the Cowbells who has Michael Sam a possible future starter on its defense.

For the record, I think Romo is pretty garbage. However I do think that Dallas is far more balanced. Their running game is no joke and their OL is quite good. Why they abandon the run so easily is beyond me.

Romo is just so wildly inconsistent and is entirely capable of losing games by himself. Dallas is set up offensively to rein him in but I don't think the coaching staff has the stones to make it happen.

Yeah that Cowboys defense is garbage. Green Bay's is too. Dallas' may stink more (and I agree that they do) but it's merely a case of who sucks the least.

I still saw a good Niners defense. I think we're deluding ourselves in thinking they are on the decline on that side of the ball. They still look like our stiffest challengers in the conference and still look capable of splitting our season series.

Latest posts