Mike Riley new coach at Nebraska!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is an opposite hire.

Riley is the opposite of Pelini, in demeanor. Pelini didn't reflect midwestern values, and I can tell you, I live here, there isn't a much bigger sin. Same thing happened at Wisconsin with Bielema. It isn't all winning, even though it seems like it. You have to win the midwestern way, with a stiff upper lip and your nose to the grindstone, saying all the right shit and making everybody feel good. The folks that count will decide your fate and will do so in a conversation at church. They don't really mind if you are a total dick to your athletes or if you are just really good at paying them under the table, just not in front of the women and kids.

Riley will not be any better than Pelini. College ball is about speed, and Urban Meyer is the only guy in the midwest getting enough speed to compete. He isn't a mid west guy either, but he fakes it better than Pelini could.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scotte is our Midwestern Rube correspondent.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2j2fxt9p said:

Riley is the opposite of Pelini, in demeanor. Pelini didn't reflect midwestern values, and I can tell you, I live here, there isn't a much bigger sin. Same thing happened at Wisconsin with Bielema. It isn't all winning, even though it seems like it. You have to win the midwestern way, with a stiff upper lip and your nose to the grindstone, saying all the right shit and making everybody feel good. The folks that count will decide your fate and will do so in a conversation at church. They don't really mind if you are a total dick to your athletes or if you are just really good at paying them under the table, just not in front of the women and kids.

Riley will not be any better than Pelini. College ball is about speed, and Urban Meyer is the only guy in the midwest getting enough speed to compete. He isn't a mid west guy either, but he fakes it better than Pelini could.

Urban Meyer is from Ohio.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":382pi5cu said:
Scottemojo":382pi5cu said:

Urban Meyer is from Ohio.
Yes, yes he is. That Even supports what I said, midwesterners don't care what you do behind the scenes (see:Florida) as long as you say the right stuff and win. Which Urban does.