MNF - Patriots @ Panthers

Polaris

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1bh5bnes said:
pretty sure you don't know what a hail Mary is. You can run so many plays from where the pats were. Furthermore, I'll go ahead and ignore ur bold claims of officials flat out telling us they don't call PI on the last play of the game.

The last play we made against Greed Bay was only ten yards further out than where the Pats were (about). The only viable play was a pass play in the endzone. Look at the film again. So, I am pretty sure I DO know what a hail mary situation is.

I also note that Larry Fitzgerald also said that officials never call contact fouls on such a play. You can ignore what you like but that doesn't mean you're right.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Polaris":3setwmup said:
ClumsyLurk":3setwmup said:
pretty sure you don't know what a hail Mary is. You can run so many plays from where the pats were. Furthermore, I'll go ahead and ignore ur bold claims of officials flat out telling us they don't call PI on the last play of the game.

The last play we made against Greed Bay was only ten yards further out than where the Pats were (about). The only viable play was a pass play in the endzone. Look at the film again. So, I am pretty sure I DO know what a hail mary situation is.

I also note that Larry Fitzgerald also said that officials never call contact fouls on such a play. You can ignore what you like but that doesn't mean you're right.
think I'll argue with a goat instead. That doesn't mean you're right either.

3rd and goal from the 10, 4 seconds, do u call a hail Mary? Just chuck it and pray.

jkitsune

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":34xyjbxx said:
Polaris":34xyjbxx said:
ClumsyLurk":34xyjbxx said:

3rd and goal from the 10, 4 seconds, do u call a hail Mary? Just chuck it and pray.

It's not worth it. Count me in for that goat.

253hawk

Reaction score
Something I don't think anyone pointed out...Gronk's body language didn't even suggest that he thought he was interfered with. He just looks back at the INT, letting his upper body go limp in dejection and realizing that he was in no position to make the catch and assumes the game is over. It's not until the flag is thrown from behind him a few seconds later and lands on the ground in his field of vision that he perks up a little and starts clapping.

If there's anything WR's and TE's love to do these days, it's to make the flag throwing gesture when someone so much as breathes on them wrong. The fact that he didn't even do that in the end zone on what would have been the game winning play speaks volumes.

Polaris

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1pq0caq3 said:
Polaris":1pq0caq3 said:
ClumsyLurk":1pq0caq3 said:

That is essentially what the Rams did against us, and YES our DB on the play was technically guilty of pass interference, and there was defensive holding on the play. It's simply not called. [Admittedly in this case it was fourth down not third down, but the time makes the down irrelevant since there will be no time left on the completion of the play.]

BullHawk33

Reaction score
The league needs to get a handle on all the PI inconsistencies. PI is called during a normal game for all sorts of things, even away from the ball. The whole "uncatchable" rule should void out many of those PI calls. If the balls is thrown to the opposite side of the field, guess what, it is uncatchable. The Tate touchdown against the Packers should have got the entire league up in arms about the pass interference going on there prior to his catch. His push was as blatant as it gets.

Things didn't change though and the Patriots got interfered with and had a flag picked up to end the game. Hopefully the league can develop some more consistent pass interference rules because at times they are calling it away from the ball for someone's finger touching and other times they ignore a Central Park mugging.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
After having watched it more I actually think that was the right call. It was uncatchable. Gronk had no real play on that ball. He didn't even plant his feet to go back till the moment the ball is being intercepted. I think Kuechly is trying to interfere but he was saved by a poor throw by Brady. I also think the pi on Sherman was clearly uncatchable the right call there would have been holding if anything. However in this case the ball is in the air and it isn't holding its pi except the ball is well underthrown.