Mooch says Cards will win NFCW

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Arians COY? = overrated.
Cardinals Playoff team?= overrated.
Mooch predictions? =overrated and wrong.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
It's one thing to speak of improving teams, etc. But, these guys who just run off at the mouth at will should have a rule in the biz that if they want to make such a statement - they should suffer a pay cut or worse if they end up wrong. Maybe they'd think twice and hold their tongues.

Picking weekly games is one thing. But, to make such a prediction even before the draft and essentially say that it doesn't matter how good Seattle is and will be... that Arizona just will win... that's just flat out disrespectful to a team that just played in back-to-back Super Bowls and got better already with the addition of Jimmy Graham.

Mooch mouth :179419:

rideaducati

Reaction score
The cardinals were ranked 24th on offense and 24th on defense. Their 11-5 record was a total fluke.

original poster

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ay3h2jy said:
The cardinals were ranked 24th on offense and 24th on defense. Their 11-5 record was a total fluke.

I didn't know that, very interesting.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2rvn8xtm said:
If Palmer stays healthy. If. If. If.

The Cards have done lots of good things, and they get Daryl Washington back. They are definitely our biggest competition for the west.

I was surprised at Palmer's performance before he was injured last year. But he has never been the most consistent guy even when healthy, so I wouldn't bank on him pulling that rabbit out of his hat twice.

Not to mention the loss of Bowles. The Arizona D still has some excellent players, but they've got more questions now than they did last season.

drdiags

Reaction score
Mooch has an opinion, doesn't make it gospel. Wouldn't have much value if everyone on these shows just went with the perceived favorites. I am sure 9ers fans coming off the Ravens SB loss scoffed at the Seahawks being declared the favorite to win it all the next year.

I don't put much stock into what Mooch says but he has been in the league and is closer to the behind the scenes makeup of the various teams. Arians may be over-rated in some aspects but he seems to give the Seahawks problems from time to time. He isn't just all talk.

I say bring it on. I don't dismiss or discount any team in the division or in the conference. I understand the bravado fans show for their team but I try not letting it cloud my view on things.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think Arizona is even a .500 team

Our biggest threat is the injury bug and ourselves.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2kiagjbo said:
Mooch is wrong.

Yep, but him saying that the cards will win the division creates more debate and net views doesn't it?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
drdiags":1wkt49ee said:
Mooch has an opinion, doesn't make it gospel. Wouldn't have much value if everyone on these shows just went with the perceived favorites. I am sure 9ers fans coming off the Ravens SB loss scoffed at the Seahawks being declared the favorite to win it all the next year.

I don't put much stock into what Mooch says but he has been in the league and is closer to the behind the scenes makeup of the various teams. Arians may be over-rated in some aspects but he seems to give the Seahawks problems from time to time. He isn't just all talk.

I say bring it on. I don't dismiss or discount any team in the division or in the conference. I understand the bravado fans show for their team but I try not letting it cloud my view on things.
I always like reading your posts. ("Bring it on." :th2thumbs: If only the network would let you discuss all this with Mooch. Would love to see that.)

Now for the "Yeah, but..." ;) Lol
Like you said, there are those closer to behind the scenes. In your comparison, I'm sure those behind the scenes could see the looming problems with the Niners. The Hawks had more in place than the Cardinals do now with their question marks (mostly at QB, but that's a pretty big deal.) The Seahawks were a young team on the rise with talent that probably would have got more headlines if in an NFL favorite market. Compare those Niners who took a beating by the Hawks to this Seattle team coming off two consecutive Super Bowl appearances and competitive to the degree that when they rarely lose, they don't lose by double digit margins.

There's no reason to believe the Seahawks are an unstable ship. "Train-cation" (Are you kidding me? How did we get this team?) included both Offense and Defense this year. This thing is only growing stronger and stronger. So, his opinion comes across as audacious. One has to dismiss the Hawks (esp this early and to this degree) in order to elevate the Cardinals. To me, he crossed a line to say they will outright win it over the Seahawks. I could more respect it more if he said something like "The Cardinals are right up there and will compete for the division title." But, to just dismiss the Hawks with a such a sweeping statement is like spitting on us - the team and the fans.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'll buy into the Cards if they can draft one of the big stud RB's in the year's draft, then they become a very dangerous team because it means they don't need a 62 year old Palmer to throw it 50 times a game to win and have his knee blown out in week 5.

ringless

Reaction score
I think it's way too early to make these kinds of predictions..... The draft hasn't even happened yet. FA injuries haven't even happened yet. Our team will look a lot different after the next couple days. Who knows Floyd might not be on the team and another player is in part of a trade. Just too many changes that are yet to happen or take place.

lucky49

Reaction score
cards are so overrated. it actually makes me angry. Everyone treats Bruce Arians like he's some kind of genius and I don't get why. He hasn't won a playoff game as a HC. People say the only reason the cardinals weren't really good last year was because they had injured abs, but the year before that they didn't and they actually did worse. And their secondary (mainly peterson and mathieu) are the worst. People regard them like they are a top 5 secondary in the nfl even though last year they were I believe one of the worst statistical teams in pass defense. I hope they go 0-16.

ringless

Reaction score
lucky49":1r9ia1a5 said:
cards are so overrated. it actually makes me angry. Everyone treats Bruce Arians like he's some kind of genius and I don't get why. He hasn't won a playoff game as a HC. People say the only reason the cardinals weren't really good last year was because they had injured abs, but the year before that they didn't and they actually did worse. And their secondary (mainly peterson and mathieu) are the worst. People regard them like they are a top 5 secondary in the nfl even though last year they were I believe one of the worst statistical teams in pass defense. I hope they go 0-16.

But last years team was different than the prior years team; and despite that it was still two consecutive 10+ win seasons in arguably the best division in the NFL.

I strongly dislike the 49ers, and this year I am going to sit back and enjoy their ride to the basement. You want to talk about us being over-rated last year. Do you know who was over rated? The 49ers.... Every loss was blamed on the refs or flukes, and every win of course was written in destiny.

The Cardinals might not look so over-rated after day TWO of the draft. I bet something very significant happens tomorrow in regards to a block buster trade......

lucky49

Reaction score
ringless":1bkbif1t said:
lucky49":1bkbif1t said:

But last years team was different than the prior years team; and despite that it was still two consecutive 10+ win seasons in arguably the best division in the NFL.

I strongly dislike the 49ers, and this year I am going to sit back and enjoy their ride to the basement. You want to talk about us being over-rated last year. Do you know who was over rated? The 49ers.... Every loss was blamed on the refs or flukes, and every win of course was written in destiny.

The Cardinals might not look so over-rated after day TWO of the draft. I bet something very significant happens tomorrow in regards to a block buster trade......

niners weren't overrated. no one besides niner fans thought they were good. The people who blamed losses on refs were only fans of the team. Pretty much every team is overrated by its own fans, but the people who I'm talking about overrating the cardinals are people in the media as well as other teams' fans.

Maulbert

Reaction score
lucky49":y531r6ee said:
ringless":y531r6ee said:
lucky49":y531r6ee said:

niners weren't overrated. no one besides niner fans thought they were good. The people who blamed losses on refs were only fans of the team. Pretty much every team is overrated by its own fans, but the people who I'm talking about overrating the cardinals are people in the media as well as other teams' fans.

But seriously, loathe though I am to agree with a niners fan......