Mooch says Cards will win NFCW

ringless

Reaction score
Okay, since we are talking about over-rated.....

Coming into last season one team had a tremendous amount of injuries and was possibly going to finish in the basement of the division....

The other if I recall.... Had so many draft picks, and had acquired so much talent that they were talking about how some of he players they were being forced to cut would be starters on other teams. They had hoarded such a deep roster that they had starters as backups.... So who was more over-rated???? I am sure a lot of people on this board can recall those stories...

I still think its too early to be making predictions. I think after this weekend we will have a slightly clearer picture but again its too far out.... Like I said, as of tomorrow I know my team could change drastically. For all I know Floyd could be playing on the Vikings lol.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Arizona was 24th both offensively and defensively. Their record was a total fluke. They may have had a lot of injuries, but they also had a bunch of games where they played teams that were without their best player. Just like the Chiefs from the year before, I think they'll fall back to within one game of 8-8.

lucky49

Reaction score
ringless":191qgl75 said:
Okay, since we are talking about over-rated.....

Coming into last season one team had a tremendous amount of injuries and was possibly going to finish in the basement of the division....

The other if I recall.... Had so many draft picks, and had acquired so much talent that they were talking about how some of he players they were being forced to cut would be starters on other teams. They had hoarded such a deep roster that they had starters as backups.... So who was more over-rated???? I am sure a lot of people on this board can recall those stories...

I still think its too early to be making predictions. I think after this weekend we will have a slightly clearer picture but again its too far out.... Like I said, as of tomorrow I know my team could change drastically. For all I know Floyd could be playing on the Vikings lol.

again, you're talking about things 49ers fans said so you have to go back to my previous post to see why that doesn't work. And no one really expected the cards to be at the basement of the division. wtf are you talking about?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Can I just say how awesome it is to have fans of all 4 teams here?? That's awesome.

Cards and Niners can argue over 3rd place this year...have fun...

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners

ringless

Reaction score
Ramfan128":kjcekm8d said:
Can I just say how awesome it is to have fans of all 4 teams here?? That's awesome.

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners

This is why I spend more time on this board than my own. Im interested to hear your Standings however that explain your guess. That would mean that both the Cardinals and 49ers finish below .500 because a Jeff Fisher coached team is only capable of finishing .500

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3ejkq30j said:

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners

I keep saying this everywhere and anywhere I can. It is great.

Enjoying posting with fans of other teams is a good thing. It's also unique to this particular board that they allow fans of the other teams to have a place and a voice.

Happy to have another Rams fan who will participate this year.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":2fd9pnwq said:
Ramfan128":2fd9pnwq said:

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners

This is why I spend more time on this board than my own. Im interested to hear your Standings however that explain your guess. That would mean that both the Cardinals and 49ers finish below .500 because a Jeff Fisher coached team is only capable of finishing .500

If you only go by what has "historically" been accomplished before by a team or a coach: then I guess the Seahawks did not win the SB.

Fisher has a record that can be used as a future guess, respect to that. But, as a definitive - why play the game? Obviously, things have the possitbilty to change.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1pht2tgx said:

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners
Jeff Fisher got fired?

Don't be surprised if Jeff Fisher pulls a Jeff Fisher & still manages to under-achieve.

Wouldn't even be shocked if the Rams still finished behind the depleted 49ers for last in the division.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
rideaducati":3j4eqt09 said:
Arizona was 24th both offensively and defensively. Their record was a total fluke. They may have had a lot of injuries, but they also had a bunch of games where they played teams that were without their best player. Just like the Chiefs from the year before, I think they'll fall back to within one game of 8-8.

Lol.
The only time that even happened was when we played the Romo-less Cowboys.

Maulbert

Reaction score
1 score games over the last 2 seasons:
Arizona: 9-2
San Francisco: 8-5
Seattle: 8-6

All other games over the last 2 seasons:
Seattle: 17-1
San Francisco: 12-7
Arizona: 12-9

That is the fundamental difference between skill and luck.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":10tc29ae said:
ringless":10tc29ae said:
Ramfan128":10tc29ae said:

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners

If you only go by what has "historically" been accomplished before by a team or a coach: then I guess the Seahawks did not win the SB.

Fisher has a record that can be used as a future guess, respect to that. But, as a definitive - why play the game? Obviously, things have the possitbilty to change.

In Fisher's case, the Rams have a 70% chance of finishing the season at 8-8 or worse, a 30% chance at 10-6 or better, and a 15% chance of winning a playoff game. I'd put money on the Rams finishing within one game of 8-8 and not making the playoffs. They just haven't shown improvement in overall offense or defense since Fisher got there. They are still a middling defense, they just get a lot more sacks. Their offense hasn't shown improvement in Fisher's three years and will be breaking in a new QB too.

I've seen weathermen with better winning percentages lose their jobs because of poor performance. How Fisher has kept a head coaching job in the NFL for so long is nothing short of amazing. Fisher has a worse winning percentage than Wade Phillips and Wade was fired 6 times.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Ramfan128":ro01l6d9 said:

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners
Hi.:) You should first thank the awesome fan base we have, and then our benevolent overlord that gives us your neighborhood Moderators the freedom to make common sense decisions about how to implement site policy.

Seriously, have fun and be respectful of others.:)

The Management.

Jo

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
LOL at the tards winning anything. they might aw well re name themselves the cougars.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ringless":3fqs15cz said:
Ramfan128":3fqs15cz said:

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners

Seahawks - 11-5
Rams - 10-6
Cards - 6-10
Niners - 5-11

Just my unbiased opinion on the talent levels of the rosters at this point, while also factoring in the two game differences in each schedule.

I think most non Niner fans here would have them around there as a general guess. I don't like the Cardinals QB, WRs, RBs, TEs, OL, and I think that D has over achieved for a few years.

Of course I would expect a Cardinal fan to say that the OL is improved, Ellington has shown flashes, David Johnson has potential....and then you'd probably throw out Palmer's record as a starter.

My response would be: Iupati will help in the run game, but you'll still struggle, and he's a liability in pass pro; you can't count on rookies to contribute too much this year, Ellington doesn't scare me, and has been injured quite a bit, and Palmer is utterly average as a starting QB. Fitz is getting older, and I've heard whispers of them wanting to trade Floyd? Brown will be very good though.

Maybe I'm wrong about the Cardinals....but I just don't see what the talking heads see.

And as far as Fisher goes....he has finished around .500 a lot, but every team is different and I wouldn't use a HC previous record to try and determine future success of a team.

Of course, the Rams could easily finish last if that OL doesn't work itself out....but aside from injuries (which impact every team), that's my only concern.

RAMbot

Reaction score
ringless":7kd22jat said:
Ramfan128":7kd22jat said:

Seahawks
Rams
Cards
Niners

Sigh .....

Your telling me Pete Carroll is a way better coach than Jeff Fisher?
Pete Carroll career win % is .576, Jeff Fisher is that horrible a coach?.524
I will give you the playoffs where Carroll is 8-5 and Fisher is 5-6.
Facts are Friends not food!

RAMbot

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":21nqfzee said:
Fisher is literally the most mediocre coach of all time.
I'm going to enjoy watching that mediocre coach make your 'HOF coach' chew his jaw off watching how things unfold in STL week 1.