Mooch says Cards will win NFCW

RAMbot

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1jq9eyqk said:
RAMbot":1jq9eyqk said:
FlyHawksFly":1jq9eyqk said:
Fisher is literally the most mediocre coach of all time.
I'm going to enjoy watching that mediocre coach make your 'HOF coach' chew his jaw off watching how things unfold in STL week 1.

Who said Carroll was HoF? I sure didn't. Fisher gets by with cheap shots and gimmicks, which yeah those things can win you a game or two against better opposition. It doesn't breed success long term, as you have found out already.
Ok so Question? If your 'Super Bowl Caliber ' team can't handle gimmick or trick plays what does that say? Those plays are trick plays because they aren't supposed to work right? Just saying, a championship team shouldn't let those happen. Sounds like your a bitter guy over those games the last few years we beat you. It's ok, we'll have a offense to match you this year :)

RAMbot

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":32tc2x0x said:
Honestly, who cares about the few wins Rams have been able to scrape out over the last few years? Your team is a hot garbage fire, the only people that ACTUALLY care are the ones that have to live with the stench day in and day out. Your coach won't ever get you to the playoffs let alone the championship, so keep living vicariously through us on this board, chump.
HaHa :snack:
I refuse to play anymore of your Chinese food mind games...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp5nUQkgWIc

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RAMbot":2ds0lsft said:
FlyHawksFly":2ds0lsft said:
I'm going to enjoy watching that mediocre coach make your 'HOF coach' chew his jaw off watching how things unfold in STL week 1.

Fisher is like John Fox, just a hard working coach that keeps getting jobs because he's a no nonsense hard ass that runs a tight ship, and owners/GM's like that.

He's safe, but he has zero innovation, other than an occasional special teams play that'll work once every five years.

How many 1st round picks are on the Rams right now that Fisher still finds a way to go 6-10 with? Like 20? Seriously, I can't think of a coach that's done less with more.

Marvin49

Reaction score
...there certainly is a lot of big talk from a fan of a team that hasn't finished over .500 in 11 years.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
RAMbot":3lolzwv7 said:
FlyHawksFly":3lolzwv7 said:
RAMbot":3lolzwv7 said:
FlyHawksFly":3lolzwv7 said:

Who said Carroll was HoF? I sure didn't. Fisher gets by with cheap shots and gimmicks, which yeah those things can win you a game or two against better opposition. It doesn't breed success long term, as you have found out already.
Ok so Question? If your 'Super Bowl Caliber ' team can't handle gimmick or trick plays what does that say? Those plays are trick plays because they aren't supposed to work right? Just saying, a championship team shouldn't let those happen. Sounds like your a bitter guy over those games the last few years we beat you. It's ok, we'll have a offense to match you this year :)

It's kind of like if you're playing a beat-em-up fighting game like Streets of Rage where you only get 2 special attacks per level that automatically defeats enemies. The level is like a season, and The Seahawks are like the enemies The Rams used their special attack against. Sure, The Rams were able to defeat The Seahawks during that encounter, but now the Rams can't make the playoffs (beat the end-level boss) because they relied on their special attack.

Personally, I wouldn't brag about being great at Streets of Rage just because I used my special attack to automatically defeat enemies.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Rambot was posting. With all the changes the Rams have made, I can't see us beating the Hawks in week 1. I certainly wouldn't talk trash.

But I disagree with the general opinion of Jeff Fisher. He has had a lot of .500 seasons, but I don't believe that is indicative of how the Rams will fare going forward.

Also, he inherited a relatively talentless team that was poorly managed. He has had a lot of high draft picks, but those guys need time to develop. We also had terrible luck with the Niners and Hawks ascending at the time that we were trying to improve. I guess I just see things differently.

If we were in the AFC South the past two years, I think we easily win the division, even with the Colts there. Big difference between playing SF and SEA versus JAX and TEN.

On top of trying to build a talented roster, we've lost our starting QB the past two years for the season. In the past 14 years (since Tom Brady), I can't think of any team that lost its starting QB for the season and made the playoffs. it's not going to happen in todays NFL.

In spite of QB issues, we've actually done decent the past two years. I personally feel we're ready to take that next step...we might not be as good as Seattle yet, but we're getting there. People write us off because honestly, they don't pay attention. Not many primetime games. But in the past three years we've played Seattle better than both SF and AZ, and I have yet to see anyone (outside of Niner fans) think that the Rams will be worse than SF this year. I wouldn't be talking trash to Seattle fans that are nice enough to let us use their forum, but I do think we're on our way and a lot of people will be surprised this year.

ringless

Reaction score
I was more surprised that the Cardinals wins would be reduced by about 45% with the talent and coaching we have as compared to the Rams... I would think AZ would be good for another 9-10 wins this year. The Rams always seem to have talent, and always seem to be a dark horse potential but nothing ever emerges

ringless

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2wivqhls said:
I don't agree with what Rambot was posting. With all the changes the Rams have made, I can't see us beating the Hawks in week 1. I certainly wouldn't talk trash.

But I disagree with the general opinion of Jeff Fisher. He has had a lot of .500 seasons, but I don't believe that is indicative of how the Rams will fare going forward.

Also, he inherited a relatively talentless team that was poorly managed. He has had a lot of high draft picks, but those guys need time to develop. We also had terrible luck with the Niners and Hawks ascending at the time that we were trying to improve. I guess I just see things differently.

If we were in the AFC South the past two years, I think we easily win the division, even with the Colts there. Big difference between playing SF and SEA versus JAX and TEN.

On top of trying to build a talented roster, we've lost our starting QB the past two years for the season. In the past 14 years (since Tom Brady), I can't think of any team that lost its starting QB for the season and made the playoffs. it's not going to happen in todays NFL.

In spite of QB issues, we've actually done decent the past two years. I personally feel we're ready to take that next step...we might not be as good as Seattle yet, but we're getting there. People write us off because honestly, they don't pay attention. Not many primetime games. But in the past three years we've played Seattle better than both SF and AZ, and I have yet to see anyone (outside of Niner fans) think that the Rams will be worse than SF this year. I wouldn't be talking trash to Seattle fans that are nice enough to let us use their forum, but I do think we're on our way and a lot of people will be surprised this year.

I also haven't seen anyone that thinks the 49ers will be better than the Rams except the 49ers fans...

I think it looks something more like this at the end of the year though...

Sea 11-5 I think all the extra games/injries start to catch up a little (decline Lynch)
AZ 10-6 Improved offense/ weaker D
STL 8-8 Lots of questions
SF 7-9 This could even be generous

chris98251

Reaction score
Ram fans welcome to the discussion, I will say this, I enjoy the interaction and light ribbing as much as anyone, but if your post is intended to be smack we welcome that also, but we have the Smack Shack if you want to get down and dirty.

Talk football, X & O's players coaches the pending possible move to L.A., or how you think the 49ers and Cards are doing in their current situations.

Just don't troll and try to keep everything PG14.

Have fun!

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":1erpu6or said:
Ramfan128":1erpu6or said:

I also haven't seen anyone that thinks the 49ers will be better than the Rams except the 49ers fans...

Sea 11-5 I think all the extra games/injries start to catch up a little (decline Lynch)

MAN I can't wait for the season to start...

I have no idea how the Niners are gonna do this year, but something tells me that the demise of the 49ers has been greatly exaggerated.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":2nn6grgh said:
ringless":2nn6grgh said:
Ramfan128":2nn6grgh said:

I have no idea how the Niners are gonna do this year, but something tells me that the demise of the 49ers has been greatly exaggerated.

I've thought about that too. But from my perspective, Hyde, while good, is a downgrade from Gore (even at his age). Bowman is a monster but will his new running mate be successful? Smith and Brooks are good, and they have a bevy of young talent, but if Justin Smith doesn't return, how will they fare? Loss of CBs can't be overlooked either.

Then you lose Crabtree, Boldin is getting OLD, the Oline is worse than it's been in years (although still not bad), and then there's CK. Varying opinions on him to be sure, but mine is that he will always struggle with the mental aspect of QB. Oh and there's a new head coach. Throw in an unlucky season with injuries and it COULD get ugly. On the flip side, that D could be top 10, the running game could carry the offense, and if they play well I could see 10 wins. The teams in this division are so talented now that it's really tough to tell.

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":2r8yoynb said:
ringless":2r8yoynb said:
Ramfan128":2r8yoynb said:

I'm excited as well and things often don't work out as we think. I feel the Cardinals window is closing and this year would be our best shot. I do feel as though the 49ers window closed last year. I think this will be a transition year in a sense. Marvin, how do you feel about the Seahawks though? I personally feel as though they started to go through what the 49ers did when they made consecutive deeps runs in the sense that injuries started to take place as they played pretty much an extra half of a season. I also noticed Lynch really struggled last year with nagging injuries that he played through (not leaving the field and staying on the sidelines) chances are he comes into this season with more wear and tear than last year, and worse off. I think the Lynch pin Lynch may not be able to perform at the same level Seahawks fans have grown accustomed too.

Something I wonder about with Seattle as well is. Is their line as bad as everyone says? Or does Wilson make it look bad by not being a typical pocket passer. It's hard to block when your qb isn't where you'd expect him to be. Obviously having Graham is really going to change the dynamics of things for a period of time. However like I stated earlier in the post. Things aren't always what they seem. For example when The Seahawks got Percy they were suppose to be impossible. Especially with that read option Jet play that nobody was ever going to be able to stop afte watching it unfold during the first game of the season agains the Packers. In theory Graham will make a huge difference but that yet to be seen. I don't see them back in the Super Bowl.

Maulbert

Reaction score
This was from espn insider. I have to say at the very least they nailed my thoughts on the Cardinals offense. Before they lost Carson Palmer, they were hardly better.

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks 12-4 (12.4 mean wins, SOS: 16)
San Francisco 49ers 7-9 (7.1 mean wins, SOS: 5)
Arizona Cardinals 6-10 (6.3 mean wins, SOS: 2)
St. Louis Rams 6-10 (5.8 mean wins, SOS: 11)

Seattle is the blatantly obvious, slam-dunk favorite to sit atop the NFL again after Super Bowl 50. This doesn't mean Seattle will win

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ramfan128":vrip17p4 said:
Marvin49":vrip17p4 said:
ringless":vrip17p4 said:
Ramfan128":vrip17p4 said:

I've thought about that too. But from my perspective, Hyde, while good, is a downgrade from Gore (even at his age). Bowman is a monster but will his new running mate be successful? Smith and Brooks are good, and they have a bevy of young talent, but if Justin Smith doesn't return, how will they fare? Loss of CBs can't be overlooked either.

Then you lose Crabtree, Boldin is getting OLD, the Oline is worse than it's been in years (although still not bad), and then there's CK. Varying opinions on him to be sure, but mine is that he will always struggle with the mental aspect of QB. Oh and there's a new head coach. Throw in an unlucky season with injuries and it COULD get ugly. On the flip side, that D could be top 10, the running game could carry the offense, and if they play well I could see 10 wins. The teams in this division are so talented now that it's really tough to tell.

There area ton of reasons to believe the Niners will take a step or two...or three back next year. Don't in any way think that what I'm about to write below means that I don't see all the issues that have befallen the team this offseason. New Coaches, unexpected retirements, lost FAs, aging players, etc, etc.

However...it ain't ALL bad in SF.

1) Kap: I love that he spent time in the offseason working on exactly the stuff he should have been working on all along. Film work, progressions, footwork and his delivery. If this vid from recent minicamp is any indication, his delivery has changed rather radically. I can only hope that the rest of his game has done the same. Time will tell.

Kap  new zpsuuaiyzqx

2) Free Agent Losses: As free agents, the 49ers didn't lose a single player they hadn't already intended to lose....LAST YEAR. They were never going to resign Iupati. They were never going to resign Michael Crabtree. They were never going to resign Chris Culliver. That's why they selected FOUR CBs, 2 OGs, and a WR....LAST YEAR. Will they be adequate replacements? Time will tell, but the new guys were selected by the same guy who selected Iupati and Culliver. Brandon Thomas and Marcus Martin were both taken in round 3 with the eye towards competing for Iupatis spot last year.

3) O-Line: Speaking of the O-Line, I actually think it'll be much better. Yes, they lost the monster run blocker that Iupati once was, but he was never that last year. He was never great in pass pro and he struggled ALOT last year while recovering from the ankle he broke in the NFCCG. Niners also had Alex Boone holdout for all of camp and preseason ands predictably sucked and Jonathan Marin played in place of Anthony Davis for most of the year. They also lost both their starting and backup centers during the year. My guess is Thomas plugs in at guard for Iupati and ends up being a better player in pass pro but not the force Iupati was in the run game.

4) LB: So much is made of the retirements of Willis and Borland. They are both excellent players and I'd take them back in a heartbeat...but peeps forget that Willis missed most of the year LAST year. Borland only played because Willis was hurt. Michael Wilhoite quietly had a pretty damn good year. Bowman is back. Brooks will be back. Aldon is back with no suspension facing him (more on that later). for good measure you get Aaron Lynch and Eli Harold as alternate pass rushers. Not really bad at all.

5) CB: "OMG, the 49ers lost BOTH starting corners and didn't address the position in the draft". Um, yes they did. They addressed it in the 2014 draft. They selected FOUR of them. My money is on Dontae Johnson to take one of those starting spots. Additionally, they didn't lose both their starting corners. Parrish Cox was a starter because Tramaine Brock was hurt...who is still on the roster.

6) Hyde: While I agree with you that he will never be Frank in his prime, I think he'll be better...substantially...than the Frank of the last few years. Frank was surviving on vision and patience, but the legs were kinda gone. While Hyde doesn't have those attributes like Gore did (who does?), Hyde is everything Frank hasn't been for a awhile and in some cases never was. Speed, quickness, power, determination...all on display in short bursts last year. What he needs to do is calm down just a bit and develop some of that patience.

7) Less Drama and waiting on players: Yes, its been a dramatic offseason....but in all honestly, since the coaching change, its just about the quietest its been since Harbaugh took over. No more will he or won't he. No more waiting on a player till midseason to return from injury (Crabtree, Bowman). No more waiting for a player to come back from suspension (Aldon). I really do think the CONSTANT drama took a toll on the team last year.

8) WR: I think this is another positional improvement as well. Boldin doesn't seem to be showing any signs of age. In fact, both of his seasons in SF have been better than any season he spent in Baltimore. While I though Crab was on the verge of being a great player after 2012, he never really came back from that Achilles. There is a reason teams weren't clamoring for him. Whatever speed he had is gone. He can't separate.

Torrey Smith will likely never be a 1000 yard WR but he doesn't need to be. He represents the speed tho that Kap has never had at that position and forces defenses to account for him. To me, this position has been upgraded, not downgraded.

As I said before, I am well aware of all the reasons someone could look at the team and see HUGE problems. More than any other year I can remember, I really don't know what to expect. Could they go 6-10? Sure. Could they go 10-6? Sure. There is still ALOT of talent on this team. They didn't all get up and drive to Michigan with Harbaugh. In fact, many of them have been reinvigorated by his departure.

Time will tell, but I'm not yet buying the "Niners are dead" mantra being sold throughout the NFL.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
rideaducati":223y8w1v said:
The cardinals were ranked 24th on offense and 24th on defense. Their 11-5 record was a total fluke.

Maybe, but didn't they finish 10-6 the prior season?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Thread Killer":9hkl11dn said:
rideaducati":9hkl11dn said:
The cardinals were ranked 24th on offense and 24th on defense. Their 11-5 record was a total fluke.

Maybe, but didn't they finish 10-6 the prior season?

And the Cards are 9-2 in one score games since 2013. At some point that will regress to at least the average. Seattle is only 8-6 in one score games in that period. As I stated previously, that's the difference between being lucky and being good.

ringless

Reaction score
Fine Maulbert. If the coaching wont do then this thread will lol.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I didn't say the Cards wouldn't win the NFC West, I'd say it's 95% likely you will. But I'd still prefer the Hawks chances in the playoffs. We farted around on the offensive line and Kam's holdout definitely hurt us, but we're right now, and I like our chances against anyone.

ringless

Reaction score
Maulbert":o1hk48fp said:
I didn't say the Cards wouldn't win the NFC West, I'd say it's 95% likely you will. But I'd still prefer the Hawks chances in the playoffs. We farted around on the offensive line and Kam's holdout definitely hurt us, but we're right now, and I like our chances against anyone.

I know, I actually wasn't directing this at you. I apologize. Last week when Seattle beat Pittsburgh it almost made me feel sick. You guys are clearly starting or are playing at a SB level again and I know how dangerous the Seahawks are. Back to being a top 3 defense again, and a top 3 offense.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":2u89piyk said:
Maulbert":2u89piyk said:

I know, I actually wasn't directing this at you. I apologize. Last week when Seattle beat Pittsburgh it almost made me feel sick. You guys are clearly starting or are playing at a SB level again and I know how dangerous the Seahawks are. Back to being a top 3 defense again, and a top 3 offense.
Like I said in your NFCW thread see you in Glendale this January because if you think Carolina is beating us again you're a fool. In both team's cases their record isn't indicative of what they really are.

Carolina's is far too high while the Seahawk's is far too low. We both should be around 10-2 with Arizona around 9-3. Luckily the playoffs always normalize things in the end.

I mean I know I'd rather have Carson Palmer as my opponent (good as he is) then Russell Wilson right now given it's obvious he finally did Ciara.:p