Mooch says Cards will win NFCW

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm surprised Palmer survived two games against the Rams. That was the only big question mark in my mind was facing the hard-hitting defenses of STL/SF/SEA from under center. Now, the only thing he really has to survive, health wise, is Clay Matthews in a few weeks. Of course, we'll have to see how the running game fares, but until this season the Cards hadn't had one, anyway...

dopeboy206

Reaction score
kearly":3fmyqvh5 said:
I respect the Cardinals as an organization, but...

This is a team that had disguised regression last season, dropping nearly 3 wins in football outsiders 'estimated wins' metric from their number in 2013. Any Cardinals fan who watched that team knew the 2013 version was better, even though it won one fewer game.

At one point the Cardinals were 9-1 but had the DVOA of a .500 or worse team. People point to injuries, but even when healthy and winning, they were one of the biggest overachievers in recent memory.

It wasn't until the final game of the season that the Cardinals lost a game decided by one score. They finished 5-1 in such games. In all other games, they were 6-5 with a mediocre point differential.

I think they are a threat in the sense that anything is possible and they are 'good enough'. But I think they'd need to win almost every close game and have Seattle lose almost every close game to pull it off. I'd give that maybe a 10% chance of happening.

I think this year's Cardinal's team is better. Just giving credit where it's due, you should do the same.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sure looking like Mooch was right. A colossal collapse by the Cards could help but doubt that happens. People hate giving up power. Doesn't mean they win it all but they are a step closer.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1bdaws1u said:
ringless":1bdaws1u said:
Maulbert":1bdaws1u said:
I didn't say the Cards wouldn't win the NFC West, I'd say it's 95% likely you will. But I'd still prefer the Hawks chances in the playoffs. We farted around on the offensive line and Kam's holdout definitely hurt us, but we're right now, and I like our chances against anyone.

I know, I actually wasn't directing this at you. I apologize. Last week when Seattle beat Pittsburgh it almost made me feel sick. You guys are clearly starting or are playing at a SB level again and I know how dangerous the Seahawks are. Back to being a top 3 defense again, and a top 3 offense.
Like I said in your NFCW thread see you in Glendale this January because if you think Carolina is beating us again you're a fool. In both team's cases their record isn't indicative of what they really are.

Carolina's is far too high while the Seahawk's is far too low. We both should be around 10-2 with Arizona around 9-3. Luckily the playoffs always normalize things in the end.

I mean I know I'd rather have Carson Palmer as my opponent (good as he is) then Russell Wilson right now given it's obvious he finally did Ciara.:p

If you "should be", then why aren't you?

Why Carolina "should be" 10-2?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":2lq6dxge said:
MizzouHawkGal":2lq6dxge said:
ringless":2lq6dxge said:
Maulbert":2lq6dxge said:
I didn't say the Cards wouldn't win the NFC West, I'd say it's 95% likely you will. But I'd still prefer the Hawks chances in the playoffs. We farted around on the offensive line and Kam's holdout definitely hurt us, but we're right now, and I like our chances against anyone.

I know, I actually wasn't directing this at you. I apologize. Last week when Seattle beat Pittsburgh it almost made me feel sick. You guys are clearly starting or are playing at a SB level again and I know how dangerous the Seahawks are. Back to being a top 3 defense again, and a top 3 offense.
Like I said in your NFCW thread see you in Glendale this January because if you think Carolina is beating us again you're a fool. In both team's cases their record isn't indicative of what they really are.

Carolina's is far too high while the Seahawk's is far too low. We both should be around 10-2 with Arizona around 9-3. Luckily the playoffs always normalize things in the end.

I mean I know I'd rather have Carson Palmer as my opponent (good as he is) then Russell Wilson right now given it's obvious he finally did Ciara.:p

If you "should be", then why aren't you?

Why Carolina "should be" 10-2?
Easy given they had no business winning against us or two/three others already. They are San Francisco 2012 and will be unmasked just like the Giants did. Except my bet is it will be us that does so in the Divisional Playoffs this January.

They are in fact the worst 12-0 team imaginable. Miami was bad enough given the opponents they played including the Superbowl but their situation is even more ridiculous. At least New England actually played good teams and for that proved their undefeated record was legitimate.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Easy given they had no business winning against us or two/three others already. They are San Francisco 2012 and will be unmasked just like the Giants did. Except my bet is it will be us that does so in the Divisional Playoffs this January.

They are in fact the worst 12-0 team imaginable. Miami was bad enough given the opponents they played including the Superbowl but their situation is even more ridiculous. At least New England actually played good teams and for that proved their undefeated record was legitimate.

LOL which team just clinched a playoff spot?

which team will have to fight to get one and a majority of their fate wont be decided till the last game of the season in a away game against a team that already beat them?

you are half right though. Neither the Panthers or Seahawks will make it to the SB.

and then youll say the Seahawks were the best team this season to not make it to the SB....

863668773-1.gif

Maulbert

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":3j7uxac4 said:

LOL which team just clinched a playoff spot?

which team will have to fight to get one and a majority of their fate wont be decided till the last game of the season in a away game against a team that already beat them?

you are half right though. Neither the Panthers or Seahawks will make it to the SB.

and then youll say the Seahawks were the best team this season to not make it to the SB....

863668773-1.gif

[youtube]NitBpJaom5k[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Whiffed pretty bad on my prediction.. now I just hope AZ stumbles in their next 3 to let us back in the division race.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm more intrigued by that dudes lap dance then this conversation at the moment :)

London12

Reaction score
Thread bumping across the whole forum is such a boring thing.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":djxba8hb said:
kearly":djxba8hb said:

This is a team that had disguised regression last season, dropping nearly 3 wins in football outsiders 'estimated wins' metric from their number in 2013. Any Cardinals fan who watched that team knew the 2013 version was better, even though it won one fewer game.

At one point the Cardinals were 9-1 but had the DVOA of a .500 or worse team. People point to injuries, but even when healthy and winning, they were one of the biggest overachievers in recent memory.

It wasn't until the final game of the season that the Cardinals lost a game decided by one score. They finished 5-1 in such games. In all other games, they were 6-5 with a mediocre point differential.

I think they are a threat in the sense that anything is possible and they are 'good enough'. But I think they'd need to win almost every close game and have Seattle lose almost every close game to pull it off. I'd give that maybe a 10% chance of happening.

I think this year's Cardinal's team is better. Just giving credit where it's due, you should do the same.

It was an old post, and I'm inclined to agree with him, plus what Kip said about the Cards having to win the close ones and us lose them this year has been pretty spot on. And his estimate of 10% might even have been a bit conservative, I mean, what odds would you have got on us throwing away all those 4th quarter leads!?

It ain't over yet, but I'm happy being the wildcard, Clink ain't the fortress it was, though I'd still rather face Green Bay there than in Lambeau. I'm not sure most Cards fans will necessarily admit it, but right now we're the team they don't want to face in the play-offs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3i2v27f7 said:
dopeboy206":3i2v27f7 said:
kearly":3i2v27f7 said:

It was an old post, and I'm inclined to agree with him, plus what Kip said about the Cards having to win the close ones and us lose them this year has been pretty spot on. And his estimate of 10% might even have been a bit conservative, I mean, what odds would you have got on us throwing away all those 4th quarter leads!?

It ain't over yet, but I'm happy being the wildcard, Clink ain't the fortress it was, though I'd still rather face Green Bay there than in Lambeau. I'm not sure most Cards fans will necessarily admit it, but right now we're the team they don't want to face in the play-offs.

Being the wild card team just means we get to see the Seahawks play an extra game on their way to their third Super Bowl appearance and second win in three seasons.

sutz

Reaction score
Are you going to dig up every post from last July and re-post it?

:pukeface: