More Geno Speculation - From 5 GM's & 3 Agents

Mad Dog

Reaction score
This is his last chance to get paid. The dude is going to start at 4 years 120 fully guaranteed and go from there.

That's a big ask for someone that hasn't taken a team to the playoffs and has had one good season in his life.

I can't see anyone actually paying that. People saw what happened to guys like Case Keener and Nick Foles after one good season.

knownone

Reaction score
It's unlikely we'll get Geno for anything less than 30m per year, and it's unrealistic to expect him to entertain those offers. So the likely scenario is he gets a fully guaranteed first season with incentives that provide more guarantees based on games played/performance—something like a three-year deal at 110m with 65m fully guaranteed. Essentially, Geno gets top-10 QB money and some long-term security, and the team has a relatively cheap one-year out if he regresses.

The only caveat is that I'd want a two-year deal if I were Geno and his agent. If he genuinely believes he's one of the better QBs in the league, then the long-term play is a shorter prove-it contract.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, some of us don't think he's worth 30 mil a year, let alone 35. We just got done hearing about how one contract screws it up for everyone. And it's not like he's lighting up the win column.