My impressions from Training Camp

brettb3

Reaction score
I don't know. I thought Okung was moving around just fine.

themunn

Reaction score
Tical21":1vcyawsc said:
Since they just started, Okung might simply be sore as hell. I was walking like an old man after my first days of practice when I was still a teenager. Some of the guys have done football simulation drills during the offseason, or at least the past few weeks. However, the ones that haven't are using a lot of muscles they haven't used in a long time.

It doesn't even have to be football practice. Ever gone to the gym to do some heavy squats after a month off?
Or even just played a game of soccer/basketball after a 3 week holiday?

For mere mortals like us it can be pretty tough for a few days. Imagine what it's like going through a Seahawks practice for the first time in 6 months!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
olyfan63":lx83xsvu said:
hawknation2014":lx83xsvu said:
He broke his left foot when Justin Smith stomped on it.

Kidding, right? or the GIF just doesn't show that frame?

I guess the word stomp does imply intent sometimes. I wasn't trying to imply a Ndamukong Suh level of intent. Smith was trying to disengage and he stepped heavily on what happened to be Russell Okung's left foot. It was a hard step in the heat of battle, but Intent is definitely not clear from the video. I don't think Smith intended to hurt Okung.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Doesn't look like a "stomp" or anything intentional. Smith sure did man handle Okung on that play. Yep, I still miss Walter Jones.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I must be blind. I don't see 94 stomp on anything, and it looks to me like Okung hurt his foot planting it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2014":x4tvmxj4 said:
olyfan63":x4tvmxj4 said:
hawknation2014":x4tvmxj4 said:
He broke his left foot when Justin Smith stomped on it.

Kidding, right? or the GIF just doesn't show that frame?

I guess the word stomp does imply intent sometimes. I wasn't trying to imply a Ndamukong Suh level of intent. Smith was trying to disengage and he stepped heavily on what happened to be Russell Okung's left foot. It was a hard step in the heat of battle, but Intent is definitely not clear from the video. I don't think Smith intended to hurt Okung.

Um.. what? Justin Smith doesn't touch either of Okung's feet.

If memory serves.. I believe Okung (or Pete) said he caught his cleat on the turf and that basically led to him tearing a ligament in his toe.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Was this "THE TIP" game? I could review it and double check after my appt this morning.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":15202cps said:
Was this "THE TIP" game? I could review it and double check after my appt this morning.
This was the hawks first game against SF. It was early in the season. Week 2 I believe.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1kqeg6d1 said:
Smellyman":1kqeg6d1 said:
hawknation2014":1kqeg6d1 said:
kearly":1kqeg6d1 said:
McDaniel is 6 inches taller than Mebane. They are each on the height extremes of the DT position, so it must be pretty funny seeing them stand next to each other. I think the height factor is why the Seahawks want to see McDaniel at the 5-tech more, though he was great at the 3-tech last season.

PC/JS have been dropping hints that Okung might not be getting another contract from Seattle. Part of that is because Okung misses too many games, but it could also partly be because they see him walking geriatric after practices every day and wonder how many miles he still has left on those tires.

Okung is recovering from surgery in his left foot, which explains his limp.

no doubt, dude ran with the bulls last season.....

Here's my problem with that reasoning for his limping. If he is walking as poorly as he was on Saturday because he is still recovering from foot surgery then why is he on the field competing against D-lineman during practice right now? Something tells me the way he was walking was not related to the foot surgery. As a physical therapist it looked like he has something going on with both sides of the body, which is why I said he walks like he's had knee replacements.
You can strap down the pain, but it'll just pop out someplace else.

MB12

Reaction score
From what I saw from ESPN's broadcast, the d-line was getting destroyed by the o-line

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Scottemojo":2qsj80na said:
I must be blind. I don't see 94 stomp on anything, and it looks to me like Okung hurt his foot planting it.

Yeah I dunno what ol' boy is seeing there but there's literally no contact between Okung's left foot and any part of anybody else's body on that play. Talk about seeing ghosts.

He hits Willis with his right foot. Is that what we're talking about?