My Winner and Loser for this game.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
WINNER

Shout out to little Joey Hunt at Center. He has come in and in just under 2 games showed a solid ability to more than hold his own. Both the run game and pass game has shown no ill effects of losing Justin Britt last week. Of course, everything may change when he faces the 49ers next Monday, but for now, I'm giving him the praise he's due.

Tnyruifjarf58nzzaccg

LOSER

We all loved him last year, but much like his running mate did last year, Tre Flowers, in his Sophomore season, is slumping badly. Yes, he still makes the occasional good play, but he is committing penalties, and getting beat at a rate not seen in his first campaign last year, and at times he even looks lost. Minka Fitzpatrick is sure looking like a missed opportunity now.

091919-flowers.jpg

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Who is your Winner/Loser today?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Winner - Russ, unstoppable and affirming his MVP status.

Loser - Ken Norton - a badly needed upgrade for the coaching staff.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Dang, there's so many good choices for both. Definitely agree all 4 so far, but I'll give some new faces.

Winner - Lockett. He balled out this game. Was this a career day for him? He went absolutely beserk out there. He's just playing on another level this year.

Loser - Carson. Don't throw stats at me. His day was massively inflated by that big gainer. Take that away, and he goes for 46 yards on 15 carries. Add two more fumbles to his count as well. And yes, I'm counting the one that rolled out of bounds as a fumble. There's no excuse anymore. Pete needs to give Penny a Carson-like workload. It's time. Carson has become a major liability.

chris98251

Reaction score
Winner DK - Teams are going to have to account for him which with Lockett makes us much more dangerous to cover, adding Gordon if he is on his game on 2nd downs when we tend to go deep is going to be a pick your poison situation.

Loser - Myers - if he hits any of those misses today we are not looking at OT.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Winner(s)...

Michael Dickson had some booming punts, seems to be back to form.
Cody Barton had a great special teams play as well.
Hollister seems to have a rhythm with Russ that I thought would take longer to develop.

Loser(s)

Ansah. Honestly my biggest disappoint of the year. He does nothing and looks like a shell of his former self quickness wise.
Pete Carol. Another game with questionable time management and challenge decisions. The “I made some mistakes and need to do better” comment that is coming tomorrow is getting old.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Winners... In rough order.

Jacob Hollister. We don't win this game without his multiple key plays. Drawing the PI, and being where Russ needed him to be, and already having that chemistry with Russell.

DK Metcalf. Key TD, and that 3rd down conversion catch in OT where he got facemasked... big time plays!

Clowney. As usual. One-man wrecking ball who doesn't always get the credit he deserves.

Joey Hunt. Totally share in kudos for stepping in for Britt and holding his own.

Sure, the usual suspects were awesome too. I'm just jaded by their consistent excellence. Russell, Tyler, DK (he makes both lists, because he's become a usual suspect, but that TD and big time catch in OT were fabulous)

xray

Reaction score
Winner ----Wilson
Losers ----kicker and the entire defense .

mikeak

Reaction score
Tre was pushed on both PI calls. That made him play hesitantly

Not saying he was good, but he was pushed around by a veteran receiver aided by the refs

Mase

Reaction score
-- Yeah, the hate on Flowers is a little over the top. The pass rush is still struggling which leads to a lot of blitzing and zero help, and against a player like Evans that is brutal. The PI call on him was ludicrous, and I agree he is playing more tentatively because of it. If continue to have to blitz as much as we are, go ahead and assume both corners will continue to give up catches. The sophomore slump happens to everyone, as teams now know what you can and can't do after your first year, and how to attack you. The rest of your career stands on how you adapt to those changes.

Winners - Seahawks.

Losers - Buccaneers.

Because let's be honest, that is all that matters.

Mase

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Winner - DK Metcalf, he broke out and coudl continue to become a key target for Russell.

Loser - Bobby Wagner, He is paid the be the best MLB in football, he is supposed to be the MVP of our defense, maybe even and NFL DPOY type canidate. He has not even looked like a Pro Bowler, his mistake cost us 4 points and reminded me of something Bruce Irving would have done. Right now his contract looks bloated and we are lucky we have an out after next season. If his regression continues next year will be the last year he is with us. Maybe he is battling an injury, maybe all the tackles have started to break down his body, maybe the $40 mil in his bank account is getting to his head. I remember Michael Robinson warned about once all these guys get paid. I love me some Bobby but Bobby isn't playing like himself and we need him to be dominant.

D

DomeHawk

AKSeahawker":1ip9zaxz said:
Winner
Tyler Lockett and his amazing catches.

Loser
Jason Myers
Misses field goals and xp.

Good choices, Tyler is not just having a Pro Bowler type year but an All-Pro year.

DK made some splash today, but except for one where he did some good body-positioning, they were perfect throws from RW. Tyler makes IMPOSSIBLE catches.

Myers will bounce back.

Edit: Lots of winners in this game as mentioned here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":16egywzx said:
.........We all loved him last year, but much like his running mate did last year, Tre Flowers, in his Sophomore season, is slumping badly. Yes, he still makes the occasional good play, but he is committing penalties, and getting beat at a rate not seen in his first campaign last year, and at times he even looks lost. Minka Fitzpatrick is sure looking like a missed opportunity now.
Minka plays Safety, not Corner. That said, he has played very well for the stealers and would have been a nice addition to the Hawks and imo would've likely been an excellent use of Seattle's 1st rounder next year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":rpo03r5a said:
Loser - Carson. Don't throw stats at me. His day was massively inflated by that big gainer. Take that away, and he goes for 46 yards on 15 carries.
Would you still take that play away if it was 10 yards instead? It would be helpful for Carson to know when he should slide down in order to prevent analysts such as yourself from discounting a particularly good play of his.

I can see why you don't want additional stats if your usage of them includes only those plays you feel should be included to make your point.

olyfan63

Reaction score
AgentDib FTW once again. How do you keep doing this time after time?
If you don't knock off this calm irrefutable logic and common sense, it's going to ruin this board. For the selective stats spewers.

morgulon1

Reaction score
All great answers so far.

Winner : TE. Jacob Hollister.

Loser : DE Ziggy Ansah. He has been a great disappointment

sc85sis

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1kx9a26k said:
Winner - DK Metcalf, he broke out and coudl continue to become a key target for Russell.

Loser - Bobby Wagner, He is paid the be the best MLB in football, he is supposed to be the MVP of our defense, maybe even and NFL DPOY type canidate. He has not even looked like a Pro Bowler, his mistake cost us 4 points and reminded me of something Bruce Irving would have done. Right now his contract looks bloated and we are lucky we have an out after next season. If his regression continues next year will be the last year he is with us. Maybe he is battling an injury, maybe all the tackles have started to break down his body, maybe the $40 mil in his bank account is getting to his head. I remember Michael Robinson warned about once all these guys get paid. I love me some Bobby but Bobby isn't playing like himself and we need him to be dominant.

That penalty on Bobby was BS. He barely pushed Winston, and Winston then did a flop that should have made Vlade Divac proud. Russ got tackled out of bounds later in the game and there was no flag.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Winners: RUSS, DK, Lockett and Clowney (for his disruption)

Losers: Horrific defensive scheme and Myers. You have one job, and you have been Blair Walsh bad. Yes, THAT bad.

Latest posts