Ndamukong Suh suspended (UPDATE: SUSPENSION OVERTURNED)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":f0rw41rx said:
Not to politicize this thread, but...

10869377_847529415293748_1916722226905968390_o.jpg
Poltical or not it's still funny. Not a fan of political extremists from either side, and not a fan of the Rev.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk":16zcx8ck said:
That's such a BS suspension. What a non issue. Erin Rodgers is a vagina.
While I'm of the opinion that this is seemingly the first time in history where Suh hurt someone (however minor) where it actually seemed like an accident, you can't really side with a guy getting busted after he has cried wolf so many times before, can you?

P.S., Can - #TheBoysAreBackInTown

253hawk

Reaction score
If he didn't have such a dirty history, I bet it would have amounted to nothing. His own damn fault for having such a reputation; this is the first time ever that his motive has ever required any amount of intent-of-proof discussion as every previous instance was blatant as hell. There's 16,000~17,000 plays per year in the NFL...how often does a QB get stepped on like that? And it just happens to be Suh? Come on.

That knee extension rise on the second step just seals it. No one does that when they step on something they didn't see.

lsheldon

Reaction score

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I am not even going to argue intent. It is pretty obvious that Suh rocked on Rodgers foot. But honestly it would be like being suspended for a week from work for putting a whoopie cushion under someones desk chair.

I will give kudos for Rodgers going all Rick Flair. However, does the offense necessitate a one game suspension in the playoffs, basically ruining an entire fan bases chance in the playoffs?

If Suh would have leaped into the air and stomped on Rodgers leg with both feet and walked around like Hacksaw Jim Duggan, I could see being suspended from a playoff game. But in all fairness, Suh did the equivalent of Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook, and gets booted when all of the chips are on the table.

Goofy bastards that run the show in the NFL. I hope they get some consistency going. Every time someone steps on someones foot they immediately get a one game suspension. If someone knocks out their wife in an elevator they immediately get 2 games until the exact same footage is released to the public and then they get released from their team and have an indefinite ban.

I hope they have a new "No More" commercial showing people with abnormally long feet getting stepped on and tears streaming down their face. The suspension is ridiculous end of story.

253hawk

Reaction score
Maybe if this was his first violation, but he's a 9-time repeat offender. It's ridiculous to keep giving a grown man slaps on the wrist for such behavior. Only 1 game is extremely generous at this point in his career.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bp4ckr8 said:
CANHawk":3bp4ckr8 said:
While I'm of the opinion that this is seemingly the first time in history where Suh hurt someone (however minor) where it actually seemed like an accident, you can't really side with a guy getting busted after he has cried wolf so many times before, can you?

It's just so soft. So he stepped on someone's foot. Big flapping deal. This sport used to be played by men who could handle a little boo boo. Suh's a throwback to a time before the pussification of the NFL by Lady boys like Rodgers. I'd kill to have Suh on our team.

Are we seriously at a point where we suspend key players for actual playoff games for gently stepping on someone's foot? #weak

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CANHawk":11bihoyk said:
RolandDeschain":11bihoyk said:
CANHawk":11bihoyk said:

It's just so soft. So he stepped on someone's foot. Big flapping deal. This sport used to be played by men who could handle a little boo boo. Suh's a throwback to a time before the pussification of the NFL by Lady boys like Rodgers. I'd kill to have Suh on our team.

Are we seriously at a point where we suspend key players for actual playoff games for gently stepping on someone's foot? #weak

Exactly. We need to put Bill Romanowski in the Hall of Fame, too. He and the other true men of the NFL certainly have it made now with that huge payout, as well. Manly men chewing glass and living to 80 in good health.

I say screw it, let's go the route of boxing and just have them beat each other up. That sport is still super popular, right?

Oh, can we also send a gift basket to Darnell Dockett and Patrick Willis in thanks for making a real man out of Hasselbeck?

CHawks4L

Reaction score
I think this is total BS. If Suh looked backward and aimed for AR ankle, then sure, suspend him. Lang was pulling Suh backward and the initial step was certainly not intentional. I think he was a bit opportunistic, figuring he was stepping on AR and purposely not letting off, but there is far less malice than Aaron Donald trying to elbow RW in our game.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3ontonbn said:
CANHawk":3ontonbn said:
RolandDeschain":3ontonbn said:
CANHawk":3ontonbn said:

Exactly. We need to put Bill Romanowski in the Hall of Fame, too. He and the other true men of the NFL certainly have it made now with that huge payout, as well. Manly men chewing glass and living to 80 in good health.

I say screw it, let's go the route of boxing and just have them beat each other up. That sport is still super popular, right?

Oh, can we also send a gift basket to Darnell Dockett and Patrick Willis in thanks for making a real man out of Hasselbeck?

YES!! Thank you! Finally somebody gets it!

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
storm74":3bkk0jdg said:
So Suh gets suspended because Rodgers is a pussy. Rodgers should get suspended for drama, getting carted off the field to only come back and "will" his team to a win. Who does that in real life? No one. It isn't any different than Michael Jordan battling the worst flu that anyone has every had in the history of the virus and willing his team to a win. It's a good story but it's all bullshit and will continue to be bullshit.

In the NFL you can target a guys head coming over the middle and draw a 15 yard penalty and a hefty fine, but if you step on a quarterbacks foot you miss a playoff game? WTF!!

I don't care how dirty of a player Suh is. Getting suspended for a playoff game for this is stupid.

I agree that Suh shouldn't have been suspended for the playoff game, but I will say I disagree with your assessment of Rodgers. I didn't notice any drama with Rodgers getting carted off the field. They wanted to check out his leg, and if his calf injury is bad enough to take several minutes to get up you don't want your only chance at the super bowl having to walk all that way to the locker room. Also, if Wilson was in the same situation and Suh stepped on him you would be incensed(rightly so). He was stepping on his leg not foot. Calf isn't in the foot. It was a jerk move, but suspension was excessive.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He deserves to be suspended. Players intentionally trying to hurt other players during post-play or dead ball situations is despicable. Especially for a multiple time offender. He does it a again and it should be a year off. Once more after that and a lifetime ban. There's no place in the NFL for that sort of behavior IMO.

iigakusei

Reaction score
He knew exactly what he was doing - and with his history he gets zero sympathy from me. Suspension is well deserved. Great player - major dumbass.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wow, Suh wins appeal.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Ndamukong Suh won his appeal; now allowed to play vs. Dallas

Didn't see this one coming.

253hawk

Reaction score
Probably just because Fairley was ruled out today. Cowboys would have won in a laugher with both gone.

canfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ff4nv0d said:
Wow, Suh wins appeal.

With any luck, Jerrah the demented dinosaur with stroke out over this. What's the point of putting pressure on Goddell to put the fix in if they allow these appeals! I sense more rule changes for next year! :sarcasm_off:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
canfan":1qxojjav said:
Sgt. Largent":1qxojjav said:
Wow, Suh wins appeal.

With any luck, Jerrah the demented dinosaur with stroke out over this. What's the point of putting pressure on Goddell to put the fix in if they allow these appeals! I sense more rule changes for next year! :sarcasm_off:

Yeah Cowboy homers are already crying foul.

I don't think it matters, I still think the Cowboys win this weekend, but definitely adds to the excitement of the game.

I would like to hear from the league office as to why this was overturned. Seemed pretty cut and dry to me.

byau

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vf7wy8l said:
Wow, Suh wins appeal.

Me too

From a strictly playoff point of view, I'm actually glad

But for the sake of punishing a repeat offender, I'd say something needs to be done. Wouldn't have chosen to disrupt the playoffs to begin with opting instead for more games but starting next season

Ah well.