Ndamukong Suh suspended (UPDATE: SUSPENSION OVERTURNED)

Rat

Reaction score
byau":1prwbuul said:
But for the sake of punishing a repeat offender, I'd say something needs to be done.

I'm all for punishing repeat offenders, but Suh did nothing wrong. He was punished for an obvious accident, which was rightfully overturned.

253hawk

Reaction score
So basically a player has to go 32 games before the NFL ignores their naughty fouls history. Suh had just played his 32nd game, and the rule was just put in this year. Talk about dumb luck. And I mean dumb.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Seems strange did they count the games suspended as played? Who would have thought preseason games mattered.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Me thinks the NFL got pressured, and saw how bad this would have made them look. Their imagine has been tarnished over the past year, and this would have drawn more attention to their recent failings. Fine him, and put him on notice if it happens again the punishment will be swift and severe.

pehawk

Reaction score
The mediator was advised to not take history into account when levying the suspension and appeal. So, think of it like Bennett did it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
lsheldon":159fp4x4 said:
MizzouHawkGal":159fp4x4 said:
lsheldon":159fp4x4 said:
Will he play again in Detroit? Or will Bill Bellichick, Sean Payton, or Jeff Fischer decide they need more of his type of moxy on their teams and need to go after him?
His price tag will be high I wish there was was some way we could be in the sweepstakes.

You think Carroll could take the dirty player out of him? Cause if he couldn't I wouldn't want him on our team, and I don't think our players would want that type of player on our team either.
F6@k NO.
He's an asshole thru & thru, and by the League giving him a baby swat on the ass for doing the shit he's been doing, he'll likely just keep on until he's out with an injury.
He wouldn't be respected by the Seahawks Defense, and I doubt that Pete would want another head case messing up the positives that he's been building.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":2n8nqo2k said:
byau":2n8nqo2k said:
But for the sake of punishing a repeat offender, I'd say something needs to be done.

I'm all for punishing repeat offenders, but Suh did nothing wrong. He was punished for an obvious accident, which was rightfully overturned.
Bullshit, even Warren Sapp said it was intentional, just like the stomp on the leg of an O-Lineman.
The guy is a butt plug, and dirty as they come.
No place in Professional football for guys that repeatedly do shit like that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3ewvhvkl said:
Sgt. Largent":3ewvhvkl said:
I would like to hear from the league office as to why this was overturned. Seemed pretty cut and dry to me.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions ... was-lifted

I guess I understand the new 32 consecutive game agreement, but for Suh to state that his feet were so cold that he didn't know the difference between the ground and Rodgers ankles..............twice, is insulting.

Also, pre-season games shouldn't count for any consecutive game rule. Most of these guys barely even play in pre-season games, if at all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3um2ohum said:
MizzouHawkGal":3um2ohum said:
lsheldon":3um2ohum said:
Will he play again in Detroit? Or will Bill Bellichick, Sean Payton, or Jeff Fischer decide they need more of his type of moxy on their teams and need to go after him?
His price tag will be high I wish there was was some way we could be in the sweepstakes.
If that's the case, let's get Harvin back and Josh Gordon.
Well I would go for Gordon for the right price/contract structure but that isn't happening given he will be RA next year. Harvin fits right in as a Jet if you ask me. As to the actual topic? Thank God somebody has the set to overturn that stupid suspension "Erin" needs to man up and quit whining it got old in 2012 and unlike wine it went sour by 2014.

I do think it's interesting that preseason games count as games served that is something to remember. Basically they knew if they suspended Suh ratings would tank given it would essentially give the game to Dallas without a doubt. With him in Detroit has an outside chance of winning and a serious chance of making the game at least close and interesting regardless.

253hawk

Reaction score
Seriously, the "my feet were numb" excuse is something I'd expect a child to come up with. What a joke.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Suh does his best impression of Lynch except, in this case, it's totally in appropriate. If the Lion's are going to call a press conference and put Suh out there, the least Suh could do is pretend he is sorry even if it was an "accident". In stead, he verbally flips media the bird.

I don't like it when Lynch does it but it's not like he has anything to answer for unlike Suh.

Would have been better not to hold a news conference. Made the guy look like an even bigger &$$, if that's even possible. What a role model for the sport.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -questions

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm late to this party and didn't read the thread.

IMHO Suh should be banned from the NFL.
9 fines or suspensions in last 4 years.
Is he going to have to end somebody's career before they understand?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
253hawk":13jtkggr said:
Seriously, the "my feet were numb" excuse is something I'd expect a child to come up with. What a joke.

The puzzling part is if the league believed this ridiculous story, then why'd they fine him?

I don't understand how the suspension was reversed but he was fined. Either you believe his story and no fine, or you think he did it on purpose.........in which case the suspension should have been upheld.

This is without a doubt the WORST year for the league office in the history of the NFL. One screw up after the next.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":ad2djhd0 said:
I'm late to this party and didn't read the thread.

IMHO Suh should be banned from the NFL.
9 fines or suspensions in last 4 years.
Is he going to have to end somebody's career before they understand?
I would be cool with that as long as he ends "Jerruh's kid's" season Sunday.

Latest posts