.net temp..Where will Russ cook next year?

Where will Wilson play next year?

• Bears

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Raiders

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Seahawks...this is his last season here

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Seahawks...playing out his contract and perhaps beyond

Votes: 33 55.9%

• Total voters

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well we got the list of teams he wants to play for. Its time to guess where he will be. Destinations include:

1. Chicago- a qb desperate team in a big market, not too far from where Wilson played college ball. Trade situation likely wouldn't include a qb in return unless Pete thinks Foles has magic left. Great defense and offense has some upside. Terrible GM. He gets Rodgers twice a year and its cold in Chicago.

2. Las Vegas- This could be an obvious selection. Ciara gets a lounge singing gig at the 4 Queens and the Vegas nfl project really takes off with Wilson there. I'm sure Gruden would give his left nut to get him there. Really good offensive weapons but terrible defense. Carr comes to Seattle? Wilson would play Mahomes twice a year. New stadium, great venue.

3. Cowboys- Again the biggest of markets for Wilson and he could really expand his legacy brand here. Good oline, good rb, great receivers. What else could he ask for? How about playing in the worst div in the nfl. If he goes there he's guaranteed to win the div every year. Does Dak and his bum ankle come to Seattle?

4. Saints- This team imo has the least amount of upside. Although they have Kamara and Thomas they are in cap hell. That being said Payton would probably protect Wilson a lot more. If Wilson wants to throw he could all day here. Winston the lobster thief a Seahawk?

5. Dolphins- Another division Wilson could come in and win it. A lot of upside with cap situation, good defense and the room to add key pieces around Wilson. Warm temps and an ideal place for the brand. So we get Tua in return? Think he could hold up to all the hits and sacks?

6. Seahawks- do Pete and Wilson make up? How the hell do they fix the oline with no cap? Wilson settles for a game manager role? Run first with what looks like to be a mediocre rb stable? Is Waldron the saviour in all this or another Pete lackey? Did Wilson do damage with the team with his comments? Trade him this season or after next? Does Wilson stay until the end of his contract and beyond? Do they fire Pete and go with someone else to repair the relationship? Wow a lot of questions...

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Raiders,

The Seahawks FO has lost its mind a while ago. It keeps making terrible choices and not allowing Russ to have some control of the offense is one of them.

Msfann

Reaction score
I don't think he wants to leave, I think he's tired of the way things have been going and wants to turn things around before its too late.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Msfann":3g2ioz92 said:
I don't think he wants to leave, I think he's tired of the way things have been going and wants to turn things around before its too late.

He will need a time machine.

Elemas

Reaction score
He’s absolutely gone. As long as PC stays, he’s out. If not this year, then the next.

Insane that people want the equivalent of Carr, Ifedi, Collier, and Brooks for Russ.

I was a fan before RW arrived but, I don’t know if this mistake would be forgiven. It’s like the pass against NE in the SB but, 10x worse.

Ready for ownership to do the right thing.

Refuggindiculous.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Russ stays. The dead cap hit makes trading Russ next to impossible, and the limitations on getting 1st round picks beyond 2 years mean we'd never get anything close to what Russ is worth. The simple idea of trading an HOF QB in his prime is mind-boggling.

The only other instance I can recall that is remotely similar is when Carson Palmer told the Bengals he'd retire after his 6th year if they didn't trade him. He forced their hand, but I don;t think it's gotten to that point yet with Russ and Pete.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
NY Jets if Salah thinks Russ is a stud QB! Possibly Miami which is a perfect fit for him. Chicago because Russ is an idiot and Seattle is targeting a round 2 QB, Seattle receives equivalent of 5 round 1’s from the Bears for RW, Lockett, & possibly Green. Dallas if Seattle is targeting a QB at pick 10. Raiders if they have the guts to go north of 4 round 1’s.

John63

Reaction score
Msfann":3e1y24tn said:

Exactly, it's amazing all over this board people want Wilson to be more vocal, stand up to PC and the team now he does and those same people vilify him for it

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Msfann":95288mfw said:

When Rogers gave the media the list he was saying trade me! What’s Russ going to say “I want to be traded” he can’t say that when he’s tied to the Children’s Hospital, he’s got kids he’s abandoning that are dying! I have issues with Russ but I also know the most difficult part of leaving Seattle is the Children’s Hospital it’s going to crush him in a big big way, he’ll be mourning at least a year.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
1. Chicago - May give Wilson what he wants. Personnel decisions in the front office. Questionable offensive line, probably worst than Seattle. Low offensive weapons. Robinson, the premier weapon. Their run game has been inconsistent before this last year. Good defense.

2. Las Vegas - Gruden loves Wilson but I’m not sure Gruden would love Wilson wanting executive input. Offensive line good to go for a run! Run game and pass game weapons is great. Waller at tight end? Josh Jacobs, running back? Wilson can succeed with this offensive system and Gruden will probably let Wilson call a lot of his plays.

3. Cowboys - No way Jerry Jones will allow Wilson team decisions. Not happening, even if he gets a QB that is better than Prescott and will be cheaper than Prescott. Jones call the shots, always. Not a realistic destination to be traded too.

4. Saints - Cap hell. Wilson will not be given franchise executive decision allowability here, not with Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis around. Interesting to see on offense but the business side and what powers Wilson wants, he would not get.

If Wilson is traded, it will come down to Las Vegas and Chicago. And contingent upon how much leverage Gruden gives Wilson and/or Mark Davis gives Wilson. Wilson has more immediate weapons with Las Vegas and a head coach that adores Wilson. Go watch Gruden QB Camp with Wilson. Gruden loves Wilson. Ciara gets the Las Vegas shows she can possibly get a contract with.

If I had to pick a spot for Wilson to go, it would be Las Vegas.

You would also get two games/playoffs with Mahomes and a brand new awesome looking stadium!

The NFL would love that! $$$$$

Las Vegas is my guess if he goes anywhere other than staying in Seattle.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":yvgtv4m4 said:
1. Chicago - May give Wilson what he wants. Personnel decisions in the front office. Questionable offensive line, probably worst than Seattle. Low offensive weapons. Robinson, the premier weapon. Their run game has been inconsistent before this last year. Good defense.

2. Las Vegas - Gruden loves Wilson but I’m not sure Gruden would love Wilson wanting executive input. Offensive line good to go for a run! Run game and pass game weapons is great. Waller at tight end? Josh Jacobs, running back? Wilson can succeed with this offensive system and Gruden will probably let Wilson call a lot of his plays.

3. Cowboys - No way Jerry Jones will allow Wilson team decisions. Not happening, even if he gets a QB that is better than Prescott and will be cheaper than Prescott. Jones call the shots, always. Not a realistic destination to be traded too.

4. Saints - Cap hell. Wilson will not be given franchise executive decision allowability here, not with Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis around. Interesting to see on offense but the business side and what powers Wilson wants, he would not get.

If Wilson is traded, it will come down to Las Vegas and Chicago. And contingent upon how much leverage Gruden gives Wilson and/or Mark Davis gives Wilson. Wilson has more immediate weapons with Las Vegas and a head coach that adores Wilson. Go watch Gruden QB Camp with Wilson. Gruden loves Wilson. Ciara gets the Las Vegas shows she can possibly get a contract with.

You would also get two games/playoffs with Mahomes and a brand new awesome looking stadium!

This draft is rich with Lockett replacements we should package Lockett & RW together Bears would love it! Hopefully Seahawks have targeted a QB in round 2 over one of the top 5 QB’s, Seattle would love to accumulate Bears draft picks. Raiders too RB Jacobs would solve a lot of problems and Raiders could trade Carr for more draft Capital for a trade with us.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2x0vzl0k said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2x0vzl0k said:

This draft is rich with Lockett replacements we should package Lockett & RW together Bears would love it! Hopefully Seahawks have targeted a QB in round 2 over one of the top 5 QB’s, Seattle would love to accumulate Bears draft picks. Raiders too RB Jacobs would solve a lot of problems and Raiders could trade Carr for more draft Capital for a trade with us.

Going to be interesting to see if Las Vegas ends up trading with Seattle for Wilson.

A lot can be traded, including you stating Lockett could be moved.

Really interesting. A lot of possible moves.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not sure in what world you guys think John and Pete would be OK with absorbing a 39M cap hit by trading Wilson this year, no matter what other teams offered.

You'd basically be just throwing in the towel on the entire 2021 season having a 39M hit against a 180M cap.

You're also not taking into consideration 3 of the 4 teams Wilson listed are either over or right up against the cap themselves for 2021. So taking on Russell's contract would also be next to impossible for the Saints, Cowboys or Raiders.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fb18m50 said:
I'm not sure in what world you guys think John and Pete would be OK with absorbing a 39M cap hit by trading Wilson this year, no matter what other teams offered.

You'd basically be just throwing in the towel on the entire 2021 season having a 39M hit against a 180M cap.

You're also not taking into consideration 3 of the 4 teams Wilson listed are either over or right up against the cap themselves for 2021. So taking on Russell's contract would also be next to impossible for the Saints, Cowboys or Raiders.

I agree that there would be a white flag aspect to such a trade.

However, if there are "unreconcilable differences" between the front office and Wilson I don't think you keep an unhappy QB regardless of the cap hit for 2021. I do not see our leverage increasing next offseason if the dye is cast. That is the part that is murky. Can the Seahawks make Wilson happy? If not, that really puts them in a bind irrespective of the cap hits.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2q9fx402 said:
I'm not sure in what world you guys think John and Pete would be OK with absorbing a 39M cap hit by trading Wilson this year, no matter what other teams offered. You'd basically be just throwing in the towel on the entire 2021 season having a 39M hit against a 180M cap.
Definitely. If we can all agree that the Seahawks under Pete Carroll are not going to throw the towel in on a season then the only way in which trades become plausible is 1) if the other team is including veterans which huge signing bonuses that the other team would eat and 2) so many draft picks that Pete view towards 2022 outweighs his drive to try to win every single year. That's pretty unlikely.

Russ still has 26m dead money on his contract in 2022, so it's probably still less than 50% that he would be traded next off-season. He's not a UFA again until 2024 when he will be 36 years old, so unless Russ were to try to play hardball and hold out then any trade would have to be very Seahawks favored for them to agree to it.

GaiusMarius":2q9fx402 said:
However, if there are "unreconcilable differences" between the front office and Wilson I don't think you keep an unhappy QB regardless of the cap hit for 2021.
Why not? Reportedly this is mostly driven by Russ comparing his legacy to that of Brady so I doubt he would sabotage the team on the field if that's what you are implying.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thank goodness we got another Wilson thread.
I was getting bored of the other ones.

He's not going anywhere. Once he settles down he'll realize he's got it made here

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":1wzd0t9j said:
However, if there are "unreconcilable differences" between the front office and Wilson I don't think you keep an unhappy QB regardless of the cap hit for 2021.
Why not? Reportedly this is mostly driven by Russ comparing his legacy to that of Brady so I doubt he would sabotage the team on the field if that's what you are implying.[/quote]

You do not have to actively sabotage. I guess we'll just take different sides here. Mine is that a QB has to want to be there and not have clear divides with coaches. They are the central cog of the offense more than not. We recently saw how that played out in Green Bay. Did Rodgers try and actively sabotage the Packers when McCarthy was still there? No. Did he play well? By some metrics, but by others he looked "done" before this recent season surge under a new coach.

The point is the QB does not have to actively sabotage. I'd attribute part of Wilson's not-so-good second half to not being on the same page as Carroll. If that is not repaired, that's a serious detriment for 2021.

I understand there is the "hey, they're all professionals" side, I just see that as wishful thinking. :?

hawk45

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":3ho46lv1 said:
Sgt. Largent":3ho46lv1 said:

I agree that there would be a white flag aspect to such a trade.

However, if there are "unreconcilable differences" between the front office and Wilson I don't think you keep an unhappy QB regardless of the cap hit for 2021. I do not see our leverage increasing next offseason if the dye is cast. That is the part that is murky. Can the Seahawks make Wilson happy? If not, that really puts them in a bind irrespective of the cap hits.
You believe they are more likely to let their franchise QB walk and eat a dead cap hit like what they would face?

If they surrender and trade him and have cap issues and presumably don’t get a Wilson level QB in return, they become a losing team. How is that superior than dealing with a disgruntled Wilson? Especially since if they win, which it’s likely they will based on recent history, Wilson’s feelings may very well adjust.

You’d have to believe that Wilson would refuse to play or become a cancer to advance the viewpoint that they *must* trade a dissatisfied Wilson at all costs.

Is that the read you are making in Wilson? That’s...not my read of Wilson.