New ESPN.com

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
netskier":t42tl3jy said:
Iirc, it was the first commercial browser, meaning manufacturered by a for profit corporation, given away for free as a loss leader.

The NCSA browser was the first graphical browser, and was written by Marc Andersen, then at the university of illinois at champaign Urbana. He left school to cofound Netscape with mom Clark, CEO of silicon graphics.

Predating this, there was a noon graphical browser used by the physicists at CERN, perhaps for a few years.

Firefox carries on this legacy.

Netscape also was usable on several different platforms. I had a Commodore at the time and could use it with Netscape for searching on the web....for ESPN....I think I still have my 14.4 modem too. I wonder how long it would take ESPN to load on that thing. LOL :thirishdrinkers:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2s4bj0ef said:
netskier":2s4bj0ef said:
Iirc, it was the first commercial browser, meaning manufacturered by a for profit corporation, given away for free as a loss leader.

The NCSA browser was the first graphical browser, and was written by Marc Andersen, then at the university of illinois at champaign Urbana. He left school to cofound Netscape with mom Clark, CEO of silicon graphics.

Predating this, there was a noon graphical browser used by the physicists at CERN, perhaps for a few years.

Firefox carries on this legacy.

Netscape also was usable on several different platforms. I had a Commodore at the time and could use it with Netscape for searching on the web....for ESPN....I think I still have my 14.4 modem too. I wonder how long it would take ESPN to load on that thing. LOL :thirishdrinkers:

I was watching Bait (2000 movie) that same day you posted....In it, the chick was using Netscape lmao!

swagcity21

Reaction score
I've tried for weeks to get used to it. While I like my home teams scores and news on the front page I don't like having to sift through everything to find a descent article..... lame

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You guys are all nuts, this is infinitely better than the old site.

cdallan

Reaction score
Not like Sonic to be a contrarian...

I boycotted ESPN over the suspensions they were giving out, especially to the baseball writer (Keith Law) who argued in favour of evolution. Not sure where to go now - any suggestions?

I still go to Grantland though, because hypocrite.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I think once you're used to the new site you'll like it infinitely more.

Sure, they moved around content, but they did all of this for a reason (make it easier to use and drive you to more valuable content). It was the first well-planned site I've seen from ESPN.

The old site was BAD, but it was around soo long we were all used to it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":3r7eakmg said:
Not like Sonic to be a contrarian...

I boycotted ESPN over the suspensions they were giving out, especially to the baseball writer (Keith Law) who argued in favour of evolution. Not sure where to go now - any suggestions?

I still go to Grantland though, because hypocrite.

I like CBS and Yahoo for reporting, Fox is also good for scores. The best MLB content honestly comes from MLB.com.

Latest posts