NFC West Week 4 Edition battle of the 1's

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Seahawks lost to the same Rams team right. So are they paper tigers as well? But one without gurney and mason. I found today frustrating. We still got 450 yards. We statistically dominated the game. Division games are typically always tough and this was no different. I didn't expect a high scoring game and my frustrations really lie with David Johnson who had a horrible game. Fumbled on the opening kickoff. The very next drive he drops a wide open 2 yd TD catch that hits him in the hands untouched. I feel like our offense scored enough points to win. Controlled the clock and put up huge yards. But Johnsons mistakes ultimately were very costly. He cost 11 points on the fumble and dropped pass. Not too mention the two other first down drops.

This loss while it sucks it ultimately is just a loss. And there will be more. We still have a great team. Congrats Rex and red Alice on your win. Looking forward to the cardinals getting a shot at redemption in St Louis.

Barakas

Reaction score
ringless":39afxxtj said:
Seahawks lost to the same Rams team right. So are they paper tigers as well? But one without gurney and mason. I found today frustrating. We still got 450 yards. We statistically dominated the game. Division games are typically always tough and this was no different. I didn't expect a high scoring game and my frustrations really lie with David Johnson who had a horrible game. Fumbled on the opening kickoff. The very next drive he drops a wide open 2 yd TD catch that hits him in the hands untouched. I feel like our offense scored enough points to win. Controlled the clock and put up huge yards. But Johnsons mistakes ultimately were very costly. He cost 11 points on the fumble and dropped pass. Not too mention the two other first down drops.

This loss while it sucks it ultimately is just a loss. And there will be more. We still have a great team. Congrats Rex and red Alice on your win. Looking forward to the cardinals getting a shot at redemption in St Louis.

I don't think you can call a team that went to the SB two years in a row a paper tiger. Seattle losing in St. Louis is almost an expectation now!! :)

With that said...week 17 is going to be very interesting this year!!

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Barakas":9pf2m09w said:
ringless":9pf2m09w said:

I don't think you can call a team that went to the SB two years in a row a paper tiger. Seattle losing in St. Louis is almost an expectation now!! :)

That's true. I just don't think this loss was as bad as people want to make it out to be. We punted once. We had zero three and outs. We unfortunately had a rookie that spotted the Rams 7 points and follows it up with a short wide open to drop. Cardinals also forced a fumble that was deemed non reviewable but that would've given us the ball on the 8 and was a horrible call. We moved the ball well. David Johnson has 3 key drops and the fumble and as a result it pit us in bad positions. But if 450 yds of offense and 1 punt. Zero three and outs is bad while putting up over 20pts on the Rams then I wonder what good is.

I feel comfortable with this loss bc the mistakes are correctable. It's not like we got dominated. We lost to a good team and are still in a good position.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":3u50oh2g said:

Ringless, Ringless, Ringless... I hate to break it to you (not really), but you don't have a great team.

People call the Cards paper tigers because of their record against winning teams that have their starting QB playing. The Cards are the NFC's version of the Chiefs. They beat the bad teams, but need breaks (see fluke or luck) to beat the good teams on their schedule.

Calling the Seahawks a paper tiger is laughable. Paper tigers don't win a Super Bowl or even get to a Super Bowl. Paper tigers fluke their way into the playoffs and lose their first playoff game because they were a paper tiger...like the Cards last season and the Chiefs the season before.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":18qdxl5g said:
ringless":18qdxl5g said:

Ringless, Ringless, Ringless... I hate to break it to you (not really), but you don't have a great team.

People call the Cards paper tigers because of their record against winning teams that have their starting QB playing. The Cards are the NFC's version of the Chiefs. They beat the bad teams, but need breaks (see fluke or luck) to beat the good teams on their schedule.

Calling the Seahawks a paper tiger is laughable. Paper tigers don't win a Super Bowl or even get to a Super Bowl. Paper tigers fluke their way into the playoffs and lose their first playoff game because they were a paper tiger...like the Cards last season and the Chiefs the season before.

I know you hate the Cardinals and have a dislike for me. You've made it clear in every post you've ever made on the subject.

However you still have no proof of your claims. The Seahawks last year only finished one game better than the Cardinals. Yet played more backup QB's than the Cardinals last year. And played with their stating QB the whole entire season. You honestly believe there is no difference in the two which I find rather surprising. You see getting to the second Super Bowl then becomes a fluke using your logic. Winning against GB and a hobbled Aaron Rodgers was a fluke that required a tremendous amount of luck. But if you disagree with that statement then you have to agree the Cardinals are a good team.

You have never made it clear why it doesn't count When Seattle played more backups last year than AZ who also played their backup against backups?

I know that it is impossible to have an actual discussion with you as you have some of the most extreme double standards I've ever seen. Which you then always fail to backup with actual information.

I know the Cardinals are a good team, you don't have back to back 10+ winning seasons and be bad team and then start off 3-0. Even bad teams don't put up 40+ point performances back to back.

But I am happy for you. It only took 4 weeks but you finally got to rub dirt in my face. But it doesnt matter because the season isn't over. It certainly didn't end today. I never expected the Cardinals to go 16-0. I expect them to lose more games as your team will do too.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
C'mon ringless, backup QBs or not, the Seahawks are not paper tigers. 2 straight Super Bowls and a Divisional round playoff appearance the year before. You know better and you're a better poster than that.

As for today's game, though it helps the Hawks to get your team back a game closer to my Hawks, I just couldn't root for the Lambs. Despise Fisher so much I can't bring myself to do so. I rooted for no one and just watched the game unfold.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ringless":1tbj03tu said:

I wouldn't look foward to playing the best team within the division at their house where they play even better.I can't believe you got beat at home against the Rams.That 6,7,8 9 wins in row "BOOM" gone,it's nice to face reality and get off the high horse. :0190l: :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Im not actually calling the Seahawks paper tigers.

I just believe Rideducatis logic is flawed. His theory is the Cardinals only won games last year because they played a few backups.

But he disregards we played with one ourselves for 10 games.

Then he disregards the fact the Hawks played more teams with backups then the Cardinals did. The logic is flawed, and a double standard. That was my argument.

I've never even said AZ was the best team. I've always said I thought they were the second best team in the division. Which I feel is true. I was just making a point using Ducatis unique logic.

I believe we are a great team, and I think our record for the last 3 seasons reflects that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":1ttihv31 said:
Im not actually calling the Seahawks paper tigers.

I just believe Rideducatis logic is flawed. His theory is the Cardinals only won games last year because they played a few backups.

But he disregards we played with one ourselves for 10 games.

Then he disregards the fact the Hawks played more teams with backups then the Cardinals did. The logic is flawed, and a double standard. That was my argument.

I've never even said AZ was the best team. I've always said I thought they were the second best team in the division. Which I feel is true. I was just making a point using Ducatis unique logic.

I believe we are a great team, and I think our record for the last 3 seasons reflects that.

You're missing my stance on the entire issue. After hearing Cardinal fans claiming that if their QB had not been hurt that the Cards would have won the division, I simply pointed out that they were actually pretty fortunate to have played some teams when they did because that team was without their QB. That is it.

As far as me not liking you, I enjoy the back and forth banter and consider it to be like trash talking amongst friends. I prefer the back and forth with opposing fans more than the groupthink love fest that goes on a lot of the time.

The "double standard" you seem to think I have would make sense if the Cards were beating the best teams on their schedule, but they aren't...unless against backup QBs.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
marko358":3361o8oj said:
Cards finally play a good D and look like the garbage that they are.
Yep. They are exactly what I have been saying they are (smoke and mirrors). But the Rams? I'm getting a feeling week 16 should be on primetime not week 17.....

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3nufr4ls said:
marko358":3nufr4ls said:
Yep. They are exactly what I have been saying they are (smoke and mirrors). But the Rams? I'm getting a feeling week 16 should be on primetime not week 17.....

Whew.

Lose a division game to a team that always plays their division rivals tough & putting 447 yards on that good D, but being killed by turnovers makes a team smoke & mirrors in week 4.

Let's wait until STL is consistent with beating teams outside their division.

But anyway, GG Rex, RamsFan128, & RedAlice.

Rex

Reaction score
hawk45":21gtir8v said:
That puts sand in my vajayjay when they go out and just suck all kinds of suck against trash teams.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RedAlice

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":10sm8klz said:
MizzouHawkGal":10sm8klz said:
marko358":10sm8klz said:

Whew.

Lose a division game to a team that always plays their division rivals tough & putting 447 yards on that good D, but being killed by turnovers makes a team smoke & mirrors in week 4.

Thank you Clutch!

We know our team is up/down. The game last week v Pitts was also hard fought and actually felt pretty similar to the game today except for the outcome. The game v DC was beyond stupid.

Rams needing to be consistent is their albatross.

This week felt like a bit of an improvement on last week, which could simply be because Pittsburgh is better than Arizona.

Let's see what Rams do on the road v Packers next week. We can compare to Hawks and Niners.

Rex

Reaction score
ringless":2hbhaw1u said:
Barakas":2hbhaw1u said:
ringless":2hbhaw1u said:

That's true. I just don't think this loss was as bad as people want to make it out to be. We punted once. We had zero three and outs. We unfortunately had a rookie that spotted the Rams 7 points and follows it up with a short wide open to drop. Cardinals also forced a fumble that was deemed non reviewable but that would've given us the ball on the 8 and was a horrible call. We moved the ball well. David Johnson has 3 key drops and the fumble and as a result it pit us in bad positions. But if 450 yds of offense and 1 punt. Zero three and outs is bad while putting up over 20pts on the Rams then I wonder what good is.

I feel comfortable with this loss bc the mistakes are correctable. It's not like we got dominated. We lost to a good team and are still in a good position.

ringless my friend......your team was dominated in the red zone. Rams are for real.

Rex

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":aq64r18m said:
marko358":aq64r18m said:

I'm getting the feeling of SWEEP! :0190l:

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm going to agree w Rex on this. AZ was held down hard, even the scores flashed on the screen supported it.

And, sorry Ringless, but you are the same as my family whom I love:

Minutes Cardinals have been behind in a game this season in weeks 1-3: 0

Minutes Cardinals have been behind in a game week 4: 29:50

That was a stat flashed before the half, and now it is: 60

You are acting exactly like what you complain about regarding Hawk fans if you are going to blame this loss simply on Arizona issues.

Arizona did not lose this game, Rams beat them.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":2hb64v49 said:
ClutchDJ":2hb64v49 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2hb64v49 said:
marko358":2hb64v49 said:

Whew.

Thank you Clutch!

We know our team is up/down. The game last week v Pitts was also hard fought and actually felt pretty similar to the game today except for the outcome. The game v DC was beyond stupid.

Rams needing to be consistent is their albatross.

This week felt like a bit of an improvement on last week, which could simply be because Pittsburgh is better than Arizona.

Let's see what Rams do on the road v Packers next week. We can compare to Hawks and Niners.

Oh my when the Rams beat the Packers in Lambeau I'm going to be in rare form here! :0190l:

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I enjoy Rex's sense of humor and optimism. It's very tolerable even after getting beat by his team!

Your a unique poster in a good way Rex!