NFL official review

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
cymatica":rnmkk43y said:
5_Golden_Rings":rnmkk43y said:
Uncle Si":rnmkk43y said:
This is a typical 49er fan post on here
Hollister ran into him, grabbed him, and tried to throw him. He couldn’t throw him because Warner grabbed him in response. Video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesFSWilso ... 7662274560

Lol uh huh. Hollister was trying to run a post route and the defender literally got in the way and made contact with the ball in the air. As a defender, you cannot stonewall a receiver running his route, it's called impeding the receivers route, which is illegal contact normally, and DPI with the ball in the air.

The view you linked to clearly shows the defender purposefully disrupting the route with contact.
The defender has as much right to stand on a piece of turf as a receiver. He is not obligated to politely move out of the way. Warner was there first, not Hollister.

cymatica

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3nsqz6o9 said:
cymatica":3nsqz6o9 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3nsqz6o9 said:
Uncle Si":3nsqz6o9 said:
Hollister ran into him, grabbed him, and tried to throw him. He couldn’t throw him because Warner grabbed him in response. Video:

Lol uh huh. Hollister was trying to run a post route and the defender literally got in the way and made contact with the ball in the air. As a defender, you cannot stonewall a receiver running his route, it's called impeding the receivers route, which is illegal contact normally, and DPI with the ball in the air.

The view you linked to clearly shows the defender purposefully disrupting the route with contact.
The defender has as much right to stand on a piece of turf as a receiver. He is not obligated to politely move out of the way. Warner was there first, not Hollister.

There are rules on impeding routes. He has the right to real estate when making a play on the ball, you cannot stonewall a receiver running a route. You can even see him do the typical hands up move after he mugged Hollister, obvious sign of guilt and flags almost always fly when players do that.

It's really pathetic trying to explain an obvious DPI away. Almost as pathetic as whiner fans claiming Seattle won the first game due to SF injuries.

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3d8blc7v said:
cymatica":3d8blc7v said:
5_Golden_Rings":3d8blc7v said:
Uncle Si":3d8blc7v said:

Except Warner reached and redirected him on the shoulders and actually pulled him around. That is pass interference when the ball is in the air since he was looking to do a pivot move for the ball.

balakoth

Reaction score

SeaTac

Reaction score
Even as a Seahawks fan I have to admit all this bitching about the no call is ridiculous. Our own team got away with so many controversial calls in our favor over the years. Even in this game, RW would have been sacked a whole lot more without the holding calls.

Look this loss stings, but get over it. Did you complain about the Refs working in our favor before?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeaTac":cmr9kqc5 said:
Even as a Seahawks fan I have to admit all this b!@ch about the no call is ridiculous. Our own team got away with so many controversial calls in our favor over the years. Even in this game, RW would have been sacked a whole lot more without the holding calls.

Look this loss stings, but get over it. Did you complain about the Refs working in our favor before?

I'd imagine these things balance out in the long run.

Not that I complained about it, but just because your team has been the beneficiary of bad ref calls in the past does not mean you can't complain about being negatively impacted by a bad call now.

Stanley

Reaction score
Hollister turned and purposely ran into Warner more than 5 yards down the field. Warner is allowed to hold his ground and owns his position on the field.

If anything that play is OPI

Any argument otherwise is an emotional based reaction lacking logic.

Do you want Kittle to be allowed to do what Hollister did to your bum secondary and yes LBers?

Stanley

Reaction score
Also there were a few posters here claiming Kittle wasn’t the best TE in the West. Kittle scores easy on that last play.

SeaTac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ik6erox said:
SeaTac":1ik6erox said:
Even as a Seahawks fan I have to admit all this b!@ch about the no call is ridiculous. Our own team got away with so many controversial calls in our favor over the years. Even in this game, RW would have been sacked a whole lot more without the holding calls.

Not that I complained about it, but just because your team has been the beneficiary of bad ref calls in the past does not mean you can't complain about being negatively impacted by a bad call now.

Sure but when we are the beneficiary of so many bad calls in our favor, I would think its best to let it rest. It only makes us sound like hypocrite whiners. Besides it evens itself as you said.

SeaTac

Reaction score
Stanley":2s9s53if said:
Hollister turned and purposely ran into Warner more than 5 yards down the field. Warner is allowed to hold his ground and owns his position on the field.

If anything that play is OPI

Any argument otherwise is an emotional based reaction lacking logic.

Do you want Kittle to be allowed to do what Hollister did to your bum secondary and yes LBers?

That is actually how I saw it myself. I am trying to be level headed about it.

94Smith

Reaction score
I think the only element of that play that is pass interference is that his left hand hooks Hollister's left arm. But if you watch the play full speed , it is really easy to miss.

94Smith

Reaction score
Also think PI should not be reviewable. It's too subjective

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
94Smith":1ncjntaw said:
Also think PI should not be reviewable. It's too subjective
Anything that is "too subjective" shouldn't be allowed to ONLY be a standing call that gets made in the heat of the moment during live play, especially since the game has gotten too fast at the pro level for people to realistically track everything that's happening no matter how many officials you have.

Your point makes no sense.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":u8grh642 said:
RolandDeschain":u8grh642 said:
Uncle Si":u8grh642 said:
Washington49er":u8grh642 said:
Typical Hawk fan response to 49er fan post, your turn.

This is the type of guy who tells people why they have no reason to feel upset.

Real winner of a post.

But I bet it makes him proud.. that little glimmer of self righteousness... clearly hanging onto it.
He's been a front-running poster all season, only showing up when things are going the 49ers' way and disappearing when they aren't. Marvin even blocked him, lol.

True Story.
Wow. that speaks volumes.

TAB420

Reaction score
SeaTac":z4whw4y4 said:
Uncle Si":z4whw4y4 said:
SeaTac":z4whw4y4 said:

Sure but when we are the beneficiary of so many bad calls in our favor, I would think its best to let it rest. It only makes us sound like hypocrite whiners. Besides it evens itself as you said.
You are not a Seahawk fan.

OP
OP
Washington49er

Washington49er

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1m6iqszt said:
Marvin49":1m6iqszt said:
RolandDeschain":1m6iqszt said:
Uncle Si":1m6iqszt said:
This is the type of guy who tells people why they have no reason to feel upset.

Real winner of a post.

But I bet it makes him proud.. that little glimmer of self righteousness... clearly hanging onto it.
He's been a front-running poster all season, only showing up when things are going the 49ers' way and disappearing when they aren't. Marvin even blocked him, lol.

True Story.
Wow. that speaks volumes.

Horse pucky been here consistently, win or lose. Check my history.

To say I only come here when 49ers are winning is hilarious. Were the 9ers winning last year because I was here.

OP
OP
Washington49er

Washington49er

Reaction score
TAB420":jsdiywm3 said:
SeaTac":jsdiywm3 said:
Uncle Si":jsdiywm3 said:
SeaTac":jsdiywm3 said:

You are not a Seahawk fan.

So now this guy is not a fan because he has an opinion different than the status quo?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Washington49er":a9ett9a1 said:
..........As for the "trolling", I'll refrain. Really thought you guys were stronger than that because you dont have a problem dishing it out. Guess I was wrong.
You'll refrain and then follow that statement with some more of it.