NFL QB Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":eyp4mf29 said:
SoulfishHawk":eyp4mf29 said:
I don't get why so many people seem to hate Luck??? He's a damn good quarterback, and is gonna' probably get better.

Nobody hates Luck. People hate that idiots constantly rank him higher than Wilson for absolutely no valid reason. In every measurable way outside the obvious height difference, Wilson has been the superior quarterback, and it isn't really close.

It's really hard to compare Luck to Wilson, because each player is asked to do much different things.

I hate the Russell Wilson is only a game manager schtick that seems to be going around, but it's amazing what a QB looks like with a great running game and the best defense in football. Andrew Luck has neither of those things.. and played much of 2013 with only 1 threat at WR.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3pld3hw9 said:
SoulfishHawk":3pld3hw9 said:
I don't get why so many people seem to hate Luck??? He's a damn good quarterback, and is gonna' probably get better.

Nobody hates Luck. People hate that idiots constantly rank him higher than Wilson for absolutely no valid reason. In every measurable way outside the obvious height difference, Wilson has been the superior quarterback, and it isn't really close.

So your'e saying that Wilson is better than Luck in everything, that's a joke right, Luck probably has the best arm talent in the league, and one of the best pocket presences, not a lot of QBs can climb the pocket like Luck does, Luck>Wilson and it's not that close

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
If Luck can cut down on the interceptions he can get in Wilson's tier. Seven picks in two playoff games this year just isn't going to get it done. But I think of the recently drafted QBs, Newton, Wilson, and Luck are the ones who have the chance to rise to the top of all these arbitrary lists.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":x8pn9eqz said:
MizzouHawkGal":x8pn9eqz said:
Milehighhawk":x8pn9eqz said:
I wonder how long Luck can get by on his draft status alone.
At least 3 more years or be like Cutler and make it into a big contract with another team. Though I believe it will be a non-issue because within those 3 years I think he will "get" it. And his status will be deserved unlike currently.

He already "gets" it .. what are you talking about? :lol:

Lets just overlook the fact that the one QB that absolutely shredded the best secondary in football in 20+ years was Andrew Luck.
I put that more to the fact that TY Hilton had a game for the ages and that overall he is a bad matchup for our DB's than anything Luck did. Luck reminds me too much of Elway to consider him elite at this time. He flat out tries too hard and throws too many interceptions. But like Elway he will "get" it when he has a running game and lets the game come to him. What makes Wilson elite isn't what he can do (big arm, run) but what he DOESN'T do (make mistakes or force a pass). That it only took him 2 years to do what it takes most quarterbacks 5-7 years to understand is nothing short of incredible.

ctrcat

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":qzgy6arb said:
Milehighhawk":qzgy6arb said:
In fairness, it's not just his draft status. He's a very good QB and will continue to get better. He's athletic, intelligent and has a good feel for the game. He's also pretty clutch, too. Russell Wilson is much better - in my opinion - but let's give respect where it's due. Luck is in the top tier of QBs along with Russell. I'd take Luck over Kaepernick, RGknee, Trannyhill and Cam Newton any day of the week.

Cam has even more impressive physical traits than Luck and is also the better fantasy QB, with the higher real world stats of QB rating and completion % with a worse supporting cast (possibly even the worst in the league as of right now). He also only played one year of big time college football (the greatest single season in CFB history?) and is the same age as Luck. The ONLY thing Luck has over Cam is the one playoff win, but earning the bye is a de facto playoff win in and of itself. JMO.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ct8eiv3 said:
Kolsteseahawks":1ct8eiv3 said:
SacHawk2.0":1ct8eiv3 said:
SoulfishHawk":1ct8eiv3 said:

So your'e saying that Wilson is better than Luck in everything, that's a joke right, Luck probably has the best arm talent in the league, and one of the best pocket presences, not a lot of QBs can climb the pocket like Luck does, Luck>Wilson and it's not that close

This type of post is what contributes to the Luck hate. Wilson and Luck are hard to compare, but the stats don't lie, and even advanced metrics will show Wilson is either on par with or better than Luck in most areas.

No, stats lie, Luck played from behind most of the time because of a bad d, so he was facing more nickel and dime and they were expecting the pass, Wilson played with the lead most of time, so he was mostly facing base D's expecting the run. Wilson had better weapons, and a better OC. Pep Hamilton was a crappy OC and Seahawks D>Colts D, Marshawn>T Rich/Donald Brown, and for WRs, Luck had a better #1 than SEA with TY Hilton, but other than TY, he didnt have much, Brazill/Whalen/Rogers were his 2/3/4

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't give a rats you know what who is better. We have our QB and we've won the Super Bowl.

Win Forever!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3f6ylyhr said:
SoulfishHawk":3f6ylyhr said:

I can only figure that it's the yardage. People love to see 350+ yard games from QBs. They think that's what makes QBs good. That's all I can figure is that Luck throws for way more yards so "he must be way better".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not at hilarious as a 49er fan hanging out on a Seahawks board. :mrgreen:
And for the record, they are BOTH much better than Krapsondick.

lucky49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2x8uvdzi said:
Not at hilarious as a 49er fan hanging out on a Seahawks board. :mrgreen:
And for the record, they are BOTH much better than Krapsondick.

im sure you can come up with a better nickname than krapsondick

Sac

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":3ujfk4q0 said:
No, stats lie, Luck played from behind most of the time because of a bad d, so he was facing more nickel and dime and they were expecting the pass, Wilson played with the lead most of time, so he was mostly facing base D's expecting the run. Wilson had better weapons, and a better OC. Pep Hamilton was a crappy OC and Seahawks D>Colts D, Marshawn>T Rich/Donald Brown, and for WRs, Luck had a better #1 than SEA with TY Hilton, but other than TY, he didnt have much, Brazill/Whalen/Rogers were his 2/3/4

Russell Wilson and Luck are tied for 4th quarter comebacks, but Wilson has more TDs, fewer INTs and a higher passer rating while Luck has more yards and a future hall of fame receiver.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well it's one stupid list. Luck is ranked 4 spots too high Wilson is 3 spots too low. Rodgers is better than Peyton at this point. Rivers could be anywhere from 6-12 with no issue. Cam is rated too high currently (unless he repeats last year).

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
The Super Bowl shouldn't be a factor in who is a great QB (Peyton). He faced the best D of all time. But yeah, #1? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.