NFL QB Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The colts D is getting a bad wrap. Their play off stats would be better if Luck had not thrown all those picks putting them into bad situations.

Seriously though Andrew is a good young QB with loads of potential no doubt but he hasn't reached it yet. On the other hand Russell Wilson has done every single thing that has been asked of him regardless of the situation and the players surrounding him and in doing so has earned respect whether you chose to acknowledge it or not. If you come here to disrespect our qb then be gone with you.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2lippoyg said:
The colts D is getting a bad wrap. Their play off stats would be better if Luck had not thrown all those picks putting them into bad situations.

Seriously though Andrew is a good young QB with loads of potential no doubt but he hasn't reached it yet. On the other hand Russell Wilson has done every single thing that has been asked of him regardless of the situation and the players surrounding him and in doing so has earned respect whether you chose to acknowledge it or not. If you come here to disrespect our qb then be gone with you.
Wilson threw 9 picks last year, luck also threw 9... On 100 more pass attempts

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1rq7cl9h said:
SacHawk2.0":1rq7cl9h said:
SoulfishHawk":1rq7cl9h said:
I don't get why so many people seem to hate Luck??? He's a damn good quarterback, and is gonna' probably get better.

Nobody hates Luck. People hate that idiots constantly rank him higher than Wilson for absolutely no valid reason. In every measurable way outside the obvious height difference, Wilson has been the superior quarterback, and it isn't really close.

It's really hard to compare Luck to Wilson, because each player is asked to do much different things.

I hate the Russell Wilson is only a game manager schtick that seems to be going around, but it's amazing what a QB looks like with a great running game and the best defense in football. Andrew Luck has neither of those things.. and played much of 2013 with only 1 threat at WR.

NO he does not have the best defense in football, he doe shave a top 10 scoring defense, and a top 10 pass blocking o-lien and a HOF wr, and another in the top 20, all things Wilson does not have. Add to that difference between our RB rushing and thiers is only 17 yards per game and 4 carries. Plus a way easier schedule than Wilson. Luck has more around him then Wilson doe sit is just an excuse to allow some to give him a pass.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":2fau8rlo said:
SacHawk2.0":2fau8rlo said:
SoulfishHawk":2fau8rlo said:
I don't get why so many people seem to hate Luck??? He's a damn good quarterback, and is gonna' probably get better.

Nobody hates Luck. People hate that idiots constantly rank him higher than Wilson for absolutely no valid reason. In every measurable way outside the obvious height difference, Wilson has been the superior quarterback, and it isn't really close.

So your'e saying that Wilson is better than Luck in everything, that's a joke right, Luck probably has the best arm talent in the league, and one of the best pocket presences, not a lot of QBs can climb the pocket like Luck does, Luck>Wilson and it's not that close

really so why is Lucks complt % and QB rating in the pocket so much worse than Wilsons? Luck under 60% complet and under 80QB rating, Wilson 65% complet % and 110 QB rating in the pocket? Oh and 75% of Wilsons throws are in the pocket, Helps to know the facts

Anthony!

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":2lfyvcpw said:
No, stats lie, Luck played from behind most of the time because of a bad d, so he was facing more nickel and dime and they were expecting the pass, Wilson played with the lead most of time, so he was mostly facing base D's expecting the run. Wilson had better weapons, and a better OC. Pep Hamilton was a crappy OC and Seahawks D>Colts D, Marshawn>T Rich/Donald Brown, and for WRs, Luck had a better #1 than SEA with TY Hilton, but other than TY, he didnt have much, Brazill/Whalen/Rogers were his 2/3/4

Ahh his defense was a top 10 scoring defense, he has a much easier schedule, he has a top 10 pass blocking o-line, and a HOF wr, and a top 20 wr things Wilsons does not have. Helps to know the whole story and all the facts.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":y9lxhuv9 said:
austinslater25":y9lxhuv9 said:
Its not about hating Luck. His stats just don't add up and he makes too many mistakes. He seems to get a free pass because the NFL thought he was going to be the savior of the league. If he has another year of leading the NFL in turnovers or near the top in that category then we have to start talking about him being overrated. Unbelievable talent not doubt but he needs to really put it together this year.

I hate the "he's asked to do so much" Is he the only QB in the league that is asked to do a lot? Do they all lead the league in turnovers too? This isn't being a homer because its true, statistically Wilson has just been better at this stage of their careers. Why do people feel bad about that?
Luck Career INT %: 2.25%
Russ Career INT %: 2.38%

Luck td/int raiot 1.7
Wilson td/int raiot 2.74

Enough said

Anthony!

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":1vtvah7z said:
brimsalabim":1vtvah7z said:

and Luck threw 7 in the playoffs while Wilson threw none and he played 2 more games/

IM_Mvp

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":36tidiml said:
brimsalabim":36tidiml said:

And Wilson has actually 6 more career TD passes than Luck...on nearly 400 less pass attempts.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
Anthony!":3cimfmx2 said:
Kolsteseahawks":3cimfmx2 said:
SacHawk2.0":3cimfmx2 said:
SoulfishHawk":3cimfmx2 said:

So your'e saying that Wilson is better than Luck in everything, that's a joke right, Luck probably has the best arm talent in the league, and one of the best pocket presences, not a lot of QBs can climb the pocket like Luck does, Luck>Wilson and it's not that close

really so why is Lucks complt % and QB rating in the pocket so much worse than Wilsons? Luck under 60% complet and under 80QB rating, Wilson 65% complet % and 110 QB rating in the pocket? Oh and 75% of Wilsons throws are in the pocket, Helps to know the facts
Helps to actually watch the games, this is real football, not fantasy football

AVL

Reaction score
I like Luck a lot but find his flock annoying.

Sac

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":367h449j said:

This its laughable. You've clearly not watched much of Russ.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2v1tjev6 said:
Kolsteseahawks":2v1tjev6 said:

I've watched every game he's played with the hawks, and even watched a few in person, but "clearly I have not watched much of Russ"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":qnvxp5q0 said:
Kolsteseahawks":qnvxp5q0 said:

Not everyone is capable of understanding what they're seeing.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":alkn1kxk said:
SacHawk2.0":alkn1kxk said:
Kolsteseahawks":alkn1kxk said:

Which is referring to the homers that think Russ>luck, I've accepted the fact that luck>Russ, they've got the better QB but we still have the better team and still won the super bowl

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
It's not a knock on Russ who is a very good quarterback and my ranking of him represents that (8), it's just that luck is on another level

kobebryant

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":2n2ltvk7 said:
RolandDeschain":2n2ltvk7 said:
SacHawk2.0":2n2ltvk7 said:
Kolsteseahawks":2n2ltvk7 said:

Which is referring to the homers that think Russ>luck, I've accepted the fact that luck>Russ, they've got the better QB but we still have the better team and still won the super bowl

How is that a fact?

I am only a couple years removed from University; and though I forgot most of it, I definitely remember that anything presented as "fact" as to be backed up with evidence. The edge amongst the majority of the objective/non-opinion based evidence (qb rating, TDs, lack of turnovers, wins, championships, completion %, playoff performance) goes to Wilson.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":hgx8q0xh said:
RolandDeschain":hgx8q0xh said:
SoulfishHawk":hgx8q0xh said:
Would have to agree, Rodgers is top in the league.
I think Rodgers, while absolutely an elite QB, is a bit overrated. Look at the differences between what Brady could do against us in our house compared to Rodgers.

Brady had better weapons that year though.
He had no Gronkowski against us, and that was what, Hernandez's first game back from an injury? I don't think so. Not for the games those two teams played against Seattle, anyways.

kobebryant

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27dyol4y said:
SacHawk2.0":27dyol4y said:
RolandDeschain":27dyol4y said:
SoulfishHawk":27dyol4y said:
Would have to agree, Rodgers is top in the league.
I think Rodgers, while absolutely an elite QB, is a bit overrated. Look at the differences between what Brady could do against us in our house compared to Rodgers.

Brady had better weapons that year though.
He had no Gronkowski against us, and that was what, Hernandez's first game back from an injury? I don't think so. Not for the games those two teams played against Seattle, anyways.

Huh? Gronkowski played in that game. Hernandez had a TD, as did Welker.

Whether Aaron Rodgers had any NFL caliber offensive tackles for that game is another question.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Whoops, I just checked, Hernandez had been out for a month until that game but Gronk did play. Weird, thought he hadn't; oh well, I was wrong. Either way, though, Welker's the big reason they got to pass a lot on us that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts