NFL QB Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
I love Wilson as much as the next Hawks fan of course but ranking luck ahead of Tom Brady is the bigger travesty with this list.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Matt Ryan needs to be higher, and Kaepernick needs to be lower

ctrcat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1rsmyf77 said:
Well it's one stupid list. Luck is ranked 4 spots too high Wilson is 3 spots too low. Rodgers is better than Peyton at this point. Rivers could be anywhere from 6-12 with no issue. Cam is rated too high currently (unless he repeats last year).

If this is a true fantasy list Cam is too low. If it's just another overall opinion then Cam is higher than most but lower than some (like Jerry Angelo who had him at 4).

The good, bad, and ugly is that Cam's entire WR corps is gone (Smith, LaFell, Ginn, Hixon), but they were a bad group anyway by NFL standards. Cotchery, Avant, Underwood, and TE Ed Dickson provide much better value for the money than the departed, but obviously aren't world beaters either. Combine that with the loss of Gross at LT, who had been poor in Cam's first two years but was a Pro Bowler last year, and there's still a lot of work to do before September to give Cam the chance he deserves this year.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Rodgers is my #1.

Not sold on P Manning. His stats and who he puts them up against makes him the NFL equivalent of Timmy Chang at Hawaii or Case Keenum at U Houston. He'd struggle mightily if he had to play SF (X2), CAR, AZ (X2), NO (X2), like the Hawks did last year.

I do like Luck, and think he can be quite good. But the multitude of turnovers if the playoffs was very off-putting and he'll need to start making better decisions in order to legitimately climb higher in the rankings. He is too high in the originals posts arbitrary rankings.

However, if we were drafting QBs to play the next 10 years with he would be quite high on my list: 1. Rodgers 2. Wilson 3. Luck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kobebryant":251muqyi said:
Rodgers is my #1.

Not sold on P Manning. His stats and who he puts them up against makes him the NFL equivalent of Timmy Chang at Hawaii or Case Keenum at U Houston. He'd struggle mightily if he had to play SF (X2), CAR, AZ (X2), NO (X2), like the Hawks did last year.

Have no problem with Rodgers at #1.. when healthy he is unbelievable. But I think you're underrating how good Peyton Manning still is and overrating those 4 defenses you listed.

San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans all had weaknesses in their secondary.. Peyton would have picked them apart IMO. And Arizona? Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 400 yards. Don't use a game where Seattle couldn't have played any worse on offense if they tried as a litmus test to Arizona being an elite defense.

Our defense was the perfect storm to shut down Denver. No other team in football has that.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ykr52cs said:
kobebryant":1ykr52cs said:
Rodgers is my #1.

Have no problem with Rodgers at #1.. when healthy he is unbelievable. But I think you're underrating how good Peyton Manning still is and overrating those 4 defenses you listed.

San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans all had weaknesses in their secondary.. Peyton would have picked them apart IMO. And Arizona? Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 400 yards. Don't use a game where Seattle couldn't have played any worse on offense if they tried as a litmus test to Arizona being an elite defense.

Our defense was the perfect storm to shut down Denver. No other team in football has that.

Maybe I am, but I was so thoroughly unimpressed that it left a really bad taste in my mouth when previously I was a big fan of the guy. If Manning is playing poorly because Orlando Franklin was getting destroyed by Cliff Avril; he'd be even more fidgety facing Aldon/Justin Smith, Greg Hardy/Charles Johnson, Cam Jordan; not too mentions LBers like Willis/Bowman, Kuechly/Davis, and D Washington out there.

Like I said, I previously had a lot of respect for the guy, but I don't know, sure feels like he got fat on cupcakes. MVP should not be allowed to come out of the AFC.

lobohawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":edwmemkc said:
Well it's one stupid list. Luck is ranked 4 spots too high Wilson is 3 spots too low. Rodgers is better than Peyton at this point. Rivers could be anywhere from 6-12 with no issue. Cam is rated too high currently (unless he repeats last year).

Yup.
For the top 10 or so....
Drop Luck behind Wilson. (Wilson is less likely to cost you a game and can carry a team).
Top two are interchangable.
Same with Brady & Brees.
7-10 are a mix, but Luck is a better QB with additional physical tools. Ben's dropping off somewhat.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
5. Philip Rivers
6. Russell Wilson
7. Andrew Luck
8. Cam Newton
9. Colin Kaepernick
10. Ben Roethlisberger

Ozzy

Reaction score
Its not about hating Luck. His stats just don't add up and he makes too many mistakes. He seems to get a free pass because the NFL thought he was going to be the savior of the league. If he has another year of leading the NFL in turnovers or near the top in that category then we have to start talking about him being overrated. Unbelievable talent not doubt but he needs to really put it together this year.

I hate the "he's asked to do so much" Is he the only QB in the league that is asked to do a lot? Do they all lead the league in turnovers too? This isn't being a homer because its true, statistically Wilson has just been better at this stage of their careers. Why do people feel bad about that?

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ And he also plays in by far the league's weakest division, against no other franchise QB in cities with no tradition and/or relative hostility. His rookie year they were outscored by 30 points on the year and still went 11-5. Luck(y)!!!!

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
austinslater25":shsx255k said:
Its not about hating Luck. His stats just don't add up and he makes too many mistakes. He seems to get a free pass because the NFL thought he was going to be the savior of the league. If he has another year of leading the NFL in turnovers or near the top in that category then we have to start talking about him being overrated. Unbelievable talent not doubt but he needs to really put it together this year.

I hate the "he's asked to do so much" Is he the only QB in the league that is asked to do a lot? Do they all lead the league in turnovers too? This isn't being a homer because its true, statistically Wilson has just been better at this stage of their careers. Why do people feel bad about that?
Luck Career INT %: 2.25%
Russ Career INT %: 2.38%

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1uuorb5w said:
Would have to agree, Rodgers is top in the league.
I think Rodgers, while absolutely an elite QB, is a bit overrated. Look at the differences between what Brady could do against us in our house compared to Rodgers.

Sac

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":266msaid said:
SoulfishHawk":266msaid said:
Would have to agree, Rodgers is top in the league.
I think Rodgers, while absolutely an elite QB, is a bit overrated. Look at the differences between what Brady could do against us in our house compared to Rodgers.

Brady had better weapons that year though.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rodgers should be below TJack, cuz Rodgers is a girl.

If Wilson isn't #1 though, the list is null and void. Peaches is right in his top 5 Rankings.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Throwdown":3fbs7yd6 said:
Rodgers should be below TJack, cuz Rodgers is a girl.

If Wilson isn't #1 though, the list is null and void. Peaches is right in his top 5 Rankings.

Yet another reminder why Throwdown is great. All hail Throw!

randomation

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ghf0cr0 said:
SacHawk2.0":3ghf0cr0 said:
SoulfishHawk":3ghf0cr0 said:
I don't get why so many people seem to hate Luck??? He's a damn good quarterback, and is gonna' probably get better.

Nobody hates Luck. People hate that idiots constantly rank him higher than Wilson for absolutely no valid reason. In every measurable way outside the obvious height difference, Wilson has been the superior quarterback, and it isn't really close.

It's really hard to compare Luck to Wilson, because each player is asked to do much different things.

I hate the Russell Wilson is only a game manager schtick that seems to be going around, but it's amazing what a QB looks like with a great running game and the best defense in football. Andrew Luck has neither of those things.. and played much of 2013 with only 1 threat at WR.

Take away RW's numbers from the rushing game and tell me what it ranks I believe its in the high teens or low 20s. Luck has the number 9 scoring D and also plays in a much easier division. RW played the vast majority of the season without his 1 and 2 receivers while being the most pressured qb in the league.

Sorry RW has better numbers in every category but yards and is flat out better period.

Oh I forgot to address the KC comeback which only happened because KC had no offensive threats left by the end of that game due to injury lost the number 1 and 2 running backs those are kind of important when trying to bleed clock. They also would not have been down by so much if the chosen one didn't turn the ball over 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.