Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1esg0tyo said:
Kolsteseahawks":1esg0tyo said:
Passer rating is the combination of *select passing stats into one, *which can still be very misleading, that's what they all are, stats

Fixed that for you.
Passer rating combines completions, attempts, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions, what other passing stats are there?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":33olbn9z said:
Passer rating combines completions, attempts, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions, what other passing stats are there?
Well, at least now everybody knows not to take you seriously.

randomation

Reaction score
82kZm5Q

Just leaving this here RW > Luck period, if need be I will go dig up stats for you but I find discoursing with a brick wall to be unpleasant.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1m0kkydj said:
Kolsteseahawks":1m0kkydj said:
Well, at least now everybody knows not to take you seriously.
Besides advanced statistics, there isn't much else you can measure, sacks and big plays like completions of 20+ Yards and 40+ yards but not much else besides the main 5

Spounge84

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":3q4g7e5s said:
Luck's arm talent is far superior to wilson, he has a much better pocket presence than Wilson and has just as much mobility as him but is better with his pocket movement, luck can do everything wilson does, Wilson can't to everything luck does

I have to wonder if you have even watched Wilson, or even Luck, do you even have anything to back those claims up?

Luck's deep ball is not much better than Wilson's, in fact I've often noticed Luck has a tendency to underthrow his receivers (slightly) on passes beyond 20 yards. Also, Luck does not have better pocket movement than Wilson; Russ is one of the best in the league at pocket movement. And as long as we're going with evaluations that aren't as objective as stats, Luck sucks at play-action. I also have to question Luck's decision making at times (at least when compared to Wilson's).

Kolsteseahawks":3q4g7e5s said:
luck has no limitations at all

I can't take anyone who makes this claim seriously, every player has limitations.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
I think this tweet applies to this thread:
@evansilva: Hope someday we eliminate message board-style fandom where it's encouraged to pretend guys are better than they are just bc on "your" team.

Spounge84

Reaction score
So, no evidence will convince you that we're being rational and objective in our evaluations? Just because he's on our team I guess that means our opinions of Russ don't count.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
LOL at all your repsonses, there's a reason the 12thman thinks more highly of Wilson than everyone else, the 12thman is biased to the seahawks as is every other fan base to their own players

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":30wcuogp said:
LOL at all your repsonses, there's a reason the 12thman thinks more highly of Wilson than everyone else, the 12thman is biased to the seahawks as is every other fan base to their own players
At this point, for me at least, it's way more about your Luck love than whatever I think of Wilson.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3tr6ykyw said:
Kolsteseahawks":3tr6ykyw said:
At this point, for me at least, it's way more about your Luck love than whatever I think of Wilson.
You're biased against luck and therefore think lower of him than the reality

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":3sxjhqo3 said:
@evansilva: Hope someday we eliminate message board-style fandom where it's encouraged to pretend guys are better than they are just bc on "your" team.

Bro, no one made you join the site.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
I think the media, aka people whose job is to talk about and analyze football and many of whom have worked in high ranking positions in the national football league, know more about football than any of you

kobebryant

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":2z0i947l said:

Not one of my responses cites fandom at any point. Every defense I put forth for Wilson is based upon evidence and facts.

Look, you certainly are entitled to your opinion; and I truly believe that you legitimately believe in the point that you are defending (as do anthropogenic climate change deniers). But to this point your defense has been entirely subjective, as the objective favors Wilson.

The part of your argument that I am struggling with is if we don't judge QBs based upon TDs, turnovers, how often he completes his attempts, wins, playoff wins, playoff performance, and championships; then what in the world do you suggest we judge them on?

randomation

Reaction score
Alright lets go dig up stats then I will post them all for you in an orderly fashion so that you might stop being a moron.

Completions
RW - 63.1
Luck 60.2

TDs
RW - 26
Luck - 23

Picks
RW - 9
Luck - 9 + 7 in the playoffs

YPA
RW - 8.2
Luck 6.7

Rating
RW - 101.2
Luck - 87.0

Yards
RW - 3357
Luck - 3822

Rushing
RW - 539
Luck 377

So your claim basically boils down to yards and feeling. Wilson leads in every statistical category except yards which are arguably the least important category.

These numbers by the way are with Luck having a top 10 line as far as pass protection and Wilson being the most pressured qb in the league.

The only reason people think more highly of Luck then Wilson is confirmation bias look it up.

Also these stats are only for this year. If you include stats from both years Wilson looks even better.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":r365zv86 said:
Kolsteseahawks":r365zv86 said:

It's sad, the majority of this fan base or just football fans in general are idiots

randomation

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":3u021248 said:
Throwdown":3u021248 said:
Kolsteseahawks":3u021248 said:

It's sad, the majority of this fan base or just football fans in general are idiots

Well if the majority of fans are as boneheaded as you then yes I would have to agree with that assertion.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
kobebryant":197gmqny said:
Kolsteseahawks":197gmqny said:

Not one of my responses cites fandom at any point. Every defense I put forth for Wilson is based upon evidence and facts.

Look, you certainly are entitled to your opinion; and I truly believe that you legitimately believe in the point that you are defending (as do anthropogenic climate change deniers). But to this point your defense has been entirely subjective, as the objective favors Wilson.

The part of your argument that I am struggling with is if we don't judge QBs based upon TDs, turnovers, how often he completes his attempts, wins, playoff wins, playoff performance, and championships; then what in the world do you suggest we judge them on?
Talent, ability, you can't get those from box score scouting

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
randomation":ue7ara0b said:
Alright lets go dig up stats then I will post them all for you in an orderly fashion so that you might stop being a moron.

Completions
RW - 63.1
Luck 60.2

TDs
RW - 26
Luck - 23

Picks
RW - 9
Luck - 9 + 7 in the playoffs

YPA
RW - 8.2
Luck 6.7

Rating
RW - 101.2
Luck - 87.0

Yards
RW - 3357
Luck - 3822

Rushing
RW - 539
Luck 377

So your claim basically boils down to yards and feeling. Wilson leads in every statistical category except yards which are arguably the least important category.

These numbers by the way are with Luck having a top 10 line as far as pass protection and Wilson being the most pressured qb in the league.

The only reason people think more highly of Luck then Wilson is confirmation bias look it up.

Also these stats are only for this year. If you include stats from both years Wilson looks even better.
You should evaluate QBs on their talent and ability, not stats, stats don't tell you the whole story, do you think nfl scouts should just look at stats an base all of their picks on that?

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
randomation":gy3gd3ur said:
Kolsteseahawks":gy3gd3ur said:
Throwdown":gy3gd3ur said:
Kolsteseahawks":gy3gd3ur said:

Well if the majority of fans are as boneheaded as you then yes I would have to agree with that assertion.
So stating the truth makes me "boneheaded"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts