NFL QB Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobebryant

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":36gbcno7 said:
Whoops, I just checked, Hernandez had been out for a month until that game but Gronk did play. Weird, thought he hadn't; oh well, I was wrong. Either way, though, Welker's the big reason they got to pass a lot on us that day.

Yep, wasn't entirely sure how I felt about Welker until I saw him that day. Ran away from the LOB for a huge TD, held on to the ball and got up after getting blown up by Browner. Stud.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
And t jack had a higher comp%, higher YPA, better TD to INT ratio than Wilson too, so he obviously should be the starter, right?

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
Tony romo has the 5th best passer rating of all time, does that make him the 5th best QB ever?

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
Chad Pennington had a higher passer rating than brett favre, so obviously Pennington is the superior QB, right?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":2i7byhki said:
Based on the logic everyone is using, nick Foles is the best QB in the league

Nope. Body of work isn't big enough.

But Luck's isn't big enough to put him ahead of Brady; especially when considering that his career QB rating is slightly lower than David Garrard's.

Look at the resume objectively, take Luck's name and draft position off, and it is merely decent-to-good.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
kobebryant":25w46bsl said:
Kolsteseahawks":25w46bsl said:

But Luck's isn't big enough to put him ahead of Brady; especially when considering that his career QB rating is slightly lower than David Garrard's.

Look at the resume objectively, take Luck's name and draft position off, and it is merely decent-to-good.
Look at my previous replies, passer rating is not a good barometer for measuring the talent of a QB, and Brady is older now and not as good as he used to be, luck has passed him up

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I was joking about the colts D but for the record You are cherry picking your stats. Luck threw 9 int's in the regular season and 7 more in the playoffs. If you go back and read the coment that you quoted I said in the post season. Heck he tossed one away in the pro bowl too.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":2ndinsg1 said:
kobebryant":2ndinsg1 said:
Kolsteseahawks":2ndinsg1 said:

Look at my previous replies, passer rating is not a good barometer for measuring the talent of a QB, and Brady is older now and not as good as he used to be, luck has passed him up

Fair enough, lets remove passer rating from the debate.

Then what logic do you suggest we use in the Wilson-Luck debate?

Should we use objective evidence in the form of factual statistics like TDs, turnovers, completion %, yards per attempt, yardage (favors Luck), wins, playoff performance and championships?

Or should we use subjective opinion such as "I think..." , "I see..." and "I feel.." That is entirely non-scientific and no way to argue a point.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":37a8c0ms said:
kobebryant":37a8c0ms said:
Kolsteseahawks":37a8c0ms said:

So what would be a good way to evaluate these players? Because I have yet to see one from you that so clearly puts Luck ahead of Russ.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Spounge84":1wtc76z4 said:
So what would be a good way to evaluate these players? Because I have yet to see one from you that so clearly puts Luck ahead of Russ.
His evaluation model is based primarily on the ability of QBs to slobber all over the junk of media analysts.

Luck wins in a landslide.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
kobebryant":2ui3ilu2 said:
Kolsteseahawks":2ui3ilu2 said:
kobebryant":2ui3ilu2 said:
Kolsteseahawks":2ui3ilu2 said:

Fair enough, lets remove passer rating from the debate.

Then what logic do you suggest we use in the Wilson-Luck debate?

Should we use objective evidence in the form of factual statistics like TDs, turnovers, completion %, yards per attempt, yardage (favors Luck), wins, playoff performance and championships?

Or should we use subjective opinion such as "I think..." , "I see..." and "I feel.." That is entirely non-scientific and no way to argue a point.
Passer rating is the combination of all passing stats into one, that's what they all are, stats

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":2s771b0p said:
Passer rating is the combination of *select passing stats into one, *which can still be very misleading, that's what they all are, stats

Fixed that for you.

OP
OP
K

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
Spounge84":1pr8wiwz said:
Kolsteseahawks":1pr8wiwz said:
kobebryant":1pr8wiwz said:
Kolsteseahawks":1pr8wiwz said:

Luck's arm talent is far superior to wilson, he has a much better pocket presence than Wilson and has just as much mobility as him but is better with his pocket movement, luck can do everything wilson does, Wilson can't to everything luck does, luck has no limitations at all, he can do anything you ask him to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts