NHL Seattle Hockey club

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Palmegranite":36josl0c said:
First, the arena must be downtown Seattle. Must not make the mistake of other cities that located in the suburbs and are rueing the decision.

Second, I imagine an outdoor "Winter Classic" at the CLink would be epic! Canucks vs Seattle in front of 70,000 rabid fans.

Doubt that ever happens. Nothing says winter classic quite like 40 and a downpour....

Brett

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1aj2xpm2 said:
Would Safeco not be better for the winter classic?- roof, 48,000 size etc

Now you're thinking!

chris98251

Reaction score
Mariners may want a portion of parking, ticket sales, merchandising concessions, and make sure nobody uses the Alley / street that the Ports says is essential to park in as well.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3vvkinpe said:
Palmegranite":3vvkinpe said:
First, the arena must be downtown Seattle. Must not make the mistake of other cities that located in the suburbs and are rueing the decision.

Second, I imagine an outdoor "Winter Classic" at the CLink would be epic! Canucks vs Seattle in front of 70,000 rabid fans.

Doubt that ever happens. Nothing says winter classic quite like 40 and a downpour....

What was it they dubbed the Winter Classic a couple of years due to the threat of rain? Wetter Classic? lol

Brett

Reaction score
Cue up the Jeopardy music while we wait for something new to happen......

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":hhzf0713 said:
Mariners may want a portion of parking, ticket sales, merchandising concessions, and make sure nobody uses the Alley / street that the Ports says is essential to park in as well.
They’ll get nothing and have to like it. They will still be pissed (privately behind the scenes) that there is another team in town competing for the sports dollar. They’ll have to put on a phony smile publicly as they’ve stated all along the ONLY problem they had was the location of the arena by the 2 stadiums, and since the new arena will be at the Seattle Center it takes the ammo away from their argument. My advice to them is shut up and put a better product on the field.

Brett

Reaction score
I just found this today, probably my favorite Metro's concept art so far. Love the sonics colors instead of the typical green, blue, and grey. So I would like to know what you all think of this, and if you can find some concept art that you like please post it up so we can discuss it !

ScyYC9O Brbu6p9MgXsSZnlA0YsiXZjJJHMrG0nRMMesk8SzgX

chris98251

Reaction score
Brett":3lp19ul2 said:
I just found this today, probably my favorite Metro's concept art so far. Love the sonics colors instead of the typical green, blue, and grey. So I would like to know what you all think of this, and if you can find some concept art that you like please post it up so we can discuss it !

SuperSonic's colors.

Brett

Reaction score
chris98251":37e0uqwm said:
Brett":37e0uqwm said:

SuperSonic's colors.

I'll call em the sonics if I want to thx .... :)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Brett":ivcvzzvu said:

So name them after our buses, and have same color scheme too?

KingCountyMetro_4191.jpg

Guys, our buses aren't that great!! :D :2thumbs:

Brett

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":ghnqaevm said:
Brett":ghnqaevm said:

KingCountyMetro_4191.jpg

I was not saying that the Metro's was my favorite choice, just that out of the concept art that I have seen for that name I liked this one the best. The idea was more to spark some conversation rather than debate the team name lol.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Green is just such a neutral color, just blah.. just like brown.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Brett":b0q7d27u said:

I love that color scheme and wouldn't mind seeing it.

But personally, I hope they are inspired by these colors for the new team, just to pay homage to the Metros :
O

Another color scheme I like is from the Minnesota White Bears concept:
0216-min-whitebears.jpg

Also, if they go Evergeens, I'd hope they would be inspired by the Toronto St. Pats (green/white is my favorite color combo). Perhaps these colors on a New York Islanders Brooklyn alternate type design:
TorontoStPats 636

chris98251

Reaction score
Brett":38c9suz7 said:
chris98251":38c9suz7 said:
Brett":38c9suz7 said:

SuperSonic's colors.

I'll call em the sonics if I want to thx .... :)

With those colors it was SuperSonics :)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Brett":3ui1xod0 said:
twisted_steel2":3ui1xod0 said:
Brett":3ui1xod0 said:

KingCountyMetro_4191.jpg

I was not saying that the Metro's was my favorite choice, just that out of the concept art that I have seen for that name I liked this one the best. The idea was more to spark some conversation rather than debate the team name lol.

I agree, the colors are better than the old Christmas colors scheme. I thought it was just a funny coincidence that they picked the same colors as our common Metro buses, while being named like our buses.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2fvxzeb5 said:
Brett":2fvxzeb5 said:
twisted_steel2":2fvxzeb5 said:
Brett":2fvxzeb5 said:

KingCountyMetro_4191.jpg

I agree, the colors are better than the old Christmas colors scheme. I thought it was just a funny coincidence that they picked the same colors as our common Metro buses, while being named like our buses.

That is pretty funny, almost as funny as the naming of the South Lake Union Transit...Aka SLUT.

Brett

Reaction score
seaky12":2to0mtr2 said:
Brett":2to0mtr2 said:

I love that color scheme and wouldn't mind seeing it.

But personally, I hope they are inspired by these colors for the new team, just to pay homage to the Metros :
O

Another color scheme I like is from the Minnesota White Bears concept:
0216-min-whitebears.jpg

Also, if they go Evergeens, I'd hope they would be inspired by the Toronto St. Pats (green/white is my favorite color combo). Perhaps these colors on a New York Islanders Brooklyn alternate type design:
TorontoStPats 636

I am not a fan of the Christmas colors at all man lol, but to each his own. I do like the green and white and honestly my favorite choice right now would be to steal the WHL team name of the Thunderbirds... Even though I was a Tacoma Rockets fan and cheering for the T-birds was bad joojoo lol.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me knowing this city council if they called the hockey team Supersonics then claimed they brought the Sonics back :lol: