Niner fans here: How's the crowd at the new stadium?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1negz7qd said:
Like I said in previous post, we are tied 7-4, you guys have nothing to talk crap about so you have resorted to the "our fans are better than yours" arguement, talk about weak.

I know let's sing a song together ready, My fans better than your fans, my fans better than yours....c'mon sing along I know you know the words.

What exactly are you expecting? Congratulations or kudos as a Santa Clara fan on a Seahawks board? Good luck with that. Is it possible you're even dumber than you come across in your posts?

Last year was fun. You know, when we smashed you in the NFCCG and then went on to win the super bowl?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
funny, but you can still buy tickets on ticketmaster if you want for this game. sure, mostly singles here and there BUT...

CHECK OUT Section 228. WTF? that seems like an awful lot of unsold tickets.

HansGruber

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2c9dlxso said:
Like I said in previous post, we are tied 7-4, you guys have nothing to talk crap about so you have resorted to the "our fans are better than yours" arguement, talk about weak.

I know let's sing a song together ready, My fans better than your fans, my fans better than yours....c'mon sing along I know you know the words.

Please tell me you aren't serious with this crap. The Lombardi on our mantel says different. The simple fact is that you're HERE, you came here, not vice versa. And that's the only way your team can get close to championship football, by actually playing a champ. Your fans can only get close to a recent Lombardi by coming to Seattle to talk trash, because your team hasn't done a damn thing in over 20 years.

We're nowhere near the same level. Your team is even weaker and lamer than their fans, and they're getting worse. I've been watching the Whiners play, and calling that "play" is a bit of a stretch. That team has no passion, no guts, no boom. These two teams couldn't be further apart. The Whiners are in a downward spiral and it's clear to everyone except you (although half of the webzone sees it as well and is over there crying in their beers). The Seahawks just got healthy on defense and will be bringing the same BOOM to your stadium that caused Kaepernick to krap his pants last January on a national stage. Your team is weak, your fans are weak, and your trash talk especially is weak. Get back to me when your team actually wins something meaningful this century, loser.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1om75ics said:
The main reason some Hawk fans underestimate the Niners is because they're delusional homers and can't bring themselves to give a rival props.

If the Hawks are better than the Niners this year, it's a very minimal amount. So to think this game isn't going to be anything other than a knock down drag out blood bath of a close game is naive.

Don't get me wrong, I crave and long for the day when the Niners suck again, but that day isn't now, and with their talent isn't in the foreseeable future.

Maybe you should have a talk with Hansgruber, seems there's something a little different in his koolaid.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
HansGruber":lnoz18wm said:
lvnginhwktwn":lnoz18wm said:

Please tell me you aren't serious with this crap. The Lombardi on our mantel says different. The simple fact is that you're HERE, you came here, not vice versa. And that's the only way your team can get close to championship football, by actually playing a champ. Your fans can only get close to a recent Lombardi by coming to Seattle to talk trash, because your team hasn't done a damn thing in over 20 years.

We're nowhere near the same level. Your team is even weaker and lamer than their fans, and they're getting worse. I've been watching the Whiners play, and calling that "play" is a bit of a stretch. That team has no passion, no guts, no boom. These two teams couldn't be further apart. The Whiners are in a downward spiral and it's clear to everyone except you (although half of the webzone sees it as well and is over there crying in their beers). The Seahawks just got healthy on defense and will be bringing the same BOOM to your stadium that caused Kaepernick to krap his pants last January on a national stage. Your team is weak, your fans are weak, and your trash talk especially is weak. Get back to me when your team actually wins something meaningful this century, loser.

Whatever gets you through the day Hans

RiverDog

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":c3cu6ehd said:
#1 Fans leaving early doesn't decide who wins or loses. And I've been on the ferry with hundreds of Hawk fans heading home before the game was finished.

#2 Seattle is 7-4

#3 SF is 7-4

#4 And most important, 49er Owners, management, players, coaches, and especially the fans, don't give a shit what you buy.

So you're comparing a ferry boat loaded with Hawk fans on a Sunday afternoon with a half empty Niners stadium? How do you know that all those Hawk fans you rode the ferry with prior to the end of a Seahawk home game were in attendance at the stadium and bailed out ala Niners fans? Is it possible that maybe one or two of them came across the sound to shop, catch the game in one of the scores of resteraunts, pubs, and stores in the downtown area, or that had to work that day and had to catch that particular ferry rather than have to wait another hour for the next one?

I don't deny that some 12's leave Seahawk games prior to their conclusion, especially if the outcome seems predetermined. It happens in all stadiums. But there is no way that picture taken of the half empty stadium in Santa Clara repeats itself in a tight game in places like Seattle, Green Bay, Denver, Kansas City, New Orleans, or a half dozen other NFL venues that have dedicated fan bases.

NINEster

Reaction score
No one questioned the 49er fans' loudness at Candlestick (except Niner fans). The hater Hawk fans and just about everybody else would just complain that the stadium was a dump.

Now that the new stadium is superior to the Stick, you have your next issue -- displacement of the real fans. The fans were always South Bay like Marvin said, but now it's the $$$ guys instead of the everyman.

It would have been very interesting to see the difference in the "12s" if Seahawk/Qwest was built in 2013 instead of 2002 (or whenever it was), assuming the Hawks became strong in 2012 like they did. My guess is that Paul Allen goes the way of expensive seat licenses just like everybody else.

This is a "new stadium" thing as of the last couple of years that has undermined the essence of HFA.

Giants fans have complained that Metlife is a worse HFA compared to Giants stadium. Opened in 2010, following 6 years of competitive football under Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning with 1 Lombardi, the popularity of the team was such that they could take advantage much like everybody else (and the Jets followed suit too, themselves off a near SB appearance in 2009). They complain that the feel of the stadium is worse than the old one, but that's another story.

When you're a real diehard fan of your team, all of this d*** swinging talk means nothing. I remember watching 49ers/Bucs at a sports bar last year, and when Kap hit Vernon on the monster bomb TD, my brother & I lit up that room pretty damn loud when it wasn't loud to begin with shocking the waitresses. I'm normally self conscious about being loud and obnoxious in public places, but with the Niners, there's no other way.

I stand for every 49er game whether I'm at the game or watching on TV, even at home.

I watched "42-13" in a s*** bar in Queens, NY with my brother and cousin....hearing Beatles music while Kap was struggling on 3rd and long.....it was so terrible you had to laugh at it, LOL. Then we moved to the back where I believe we did get sound. There was only 6 or 7 people in the whole place including the bartender. We stayed till the very end, never left.

Obviously, I'm not alone in my passionate fandom.

My point is all 32 teams have plenty of these fans (I'd say look no further than all of these forum posters...it's real).....just the ones that make it to the stadiums are not always on the same page. If you took the most diehard 50,000 fans of any team, I'd bet they'd all be just as loud and passionate as the next.

The correlation that Chiefs, Browns, Packers, Steelers, Raiders, Colts, Saints fans are the most rabid probably has a lot to do with the towns they live in, and what life is like in those cities.

You look at the 49ers, Giants/Jets, Redskins, Dolphins, Bears and those cities, and you see something different. In the biggest cities of America, things are different.

It's reality, and somebody has to say it.

The Seahawks are somewhere in between, plus a nice little tweak to the acoustics doesn't hurt either.

Kap4president

Reaction score
HansGruber":1xxrmsbm said:
lvnginhwktwn":1xxrmsbm said:

Lol, my we are angry aren;t we.
Have you seen our roster and what our draft picks are doing? dude we are gonna be good for a long time,deal with it!
And we are missing 2 ELITE linebackers, the offense will come around eventually, and when it does, back to where u came from with those ugly ass uniforms and ur pitiful rainsoaked lives as a second class team. AGAIN i say, there are 5
marquee teams in NFL history, NINERS,Cowboys,Steelers,Packers,Patriots! followed by the Bears, and GIANTS.
Seattle? lol, ur the flavor of the month. soon to be red headed step children again...

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 307
OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3p8jmrv7 said:
The main reason some Hawk fans underestimate the Niners is because they're delusional homers and can't bring themselves to give a rival props.

If the Hawks are better than the Niners this year, it's a very minimal amount. So to think this game isn't going to be anything other than a knock down drag out blood bath of a close game is naive.

Don't get me wrong, I crave and long for the day when the Niners suck again, but that day isn't now, and with their talent isn't in the foreseeable future.

Agreed. And I'm still of the opinion that the 49ers are the scariest team to face for the Seahawks. Stats aside, numbers aside, you got to look at the best each team is capable of. We for sure are going to get the 49ers best. They will get ours. And the 49ers best is pretty darn good.

And the fact we are playing at the 49ers. The first big factor: we are not playing at home. Which led me to why I posted this thread, curious how the new stadium in Santa Clara is, the fanbase is, etc. compared to last year and if they think it is the same, if it helps more, or if it is not helping as much.

Appreciate the 49er fans that chimed in with some good responses to my original Q!

Marvin49

Reaction score
byau":2ntiyhwc said:
Sgt. Largent":2ntiyhwc said:

Agreed. And I'm still of the opinion that the 49ers are the scariest team to face for the Seahawks. Stats aside, numbers aside, you got to look at the best each team is capable of. We for sure are going to get the 49ers best. They will get ours. And the 49ers best is pretty darn good.

And the fact we are playing at the 49ers. The first big factor: we are not playing at home. Which led me to why I posted this thread, curious how the new stadium in Santa Clara is, the fanbase is, etc. compared to last year and if they think it is the same, if it helps more, or if it is not helping as much.

Appreciate the 49er fans that chimed in with some good responses to my original Q!

I guess the best way I can put it is this....

....Niner fans will be into the game but they will likely never be deafening the way the Clink is. One of the differences from Candlestick is that at Candlestick there was really nowhere to go. They were trapped. If someone went for a hot dog they has to walk out of the bowl and were missing the game when getting food.

Now, You can see the field from almost everywhere. I don't just mean screens either. I mean its totally open so I can be getting my cheeseburger and look up to see the game on the menu screen behind the cashier or just turn around from my spot in line and see the field.

Bottom line tho...the biggest homefield advantage to Levis at present is eliminating the opposing HFA.

Interesting note tho....they have been practicing all week this week in the stadium. They haven't done that all year but they have been doing so this week. Also practicing late in the day with the lights on.

Simulating Thursday?

Kap4president

Reaction score
byau":3fka5yrn said:
Sgt. Largent":3fka5yrn said:

You are a very nice and sensible guy sir among a throng of kool aid drinkin', idiot homers!
SF fans and our team has mad respect for Seattle but we always get accused of saying u suck, we just talk about how we DONT suck as is so commonly stated here, and remind Seattle fans, u got a long way to go before u are in OUR class as an NFL dynasty. Yeah we had ONE bad decade but we are back to stay for a while with our roster and were one play away from going to back to back superbowls. Even if we lose tomorrow and don't make the playoffs, NEXT YEAR we are gonna be loaded with a HEALTHY Bowman and Willis, ALDON for all the games, HYDE starting and a couple new free agent toys.
Get used to hating us because we are gonna give you guys plenty of reason to, WIth or without Harbaugh!

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Marvin49":2mkxi2h2 said:
byau":2mkxi2h2 said:
Sgt. Largent":2mkxi2h2 said:

I guess the best way I can put it is this....

....Niner fans will be into the game but they will likely never be deafening the way the Clink is. One of the differences from Candlestick is that at Candlestick there was really nowhere to go. They were trapped. If someone went for a hot dog they has to walk out of the bowl and were missing the game when getting food.

Now, You can see the field from almost everywhere. I don't just mean screens either. I mean its totally open so I can be getting my cheeseburger and look up to see the game on the menu screen behind the cashier or just turn around from my spot in line and see the field.

Bottom line tho...the biggest homefield advantage to Levis at present is eliminating the opposing HFA.

Interesting note tho....they have been practicing all week this week in the stadium. They haven't done that all year but they have been doing so this week. Also practicing late in the day with the lights on.

Simulating Thursday?

Interesting last note there. Simulating Thursday for sure. Hey, i won't poopoo anyone who's paying attention to details.

Some people might be doubtful going to extremes like that or even mental tricks like that (like the Broncos shouting "35" this offeason, something I liked). You really you never know whether it has a conscious effect, subconscious effect, or no effect

In this case above, even if it doesn't really help the actual play of the game, If anything, I would see it as something to keep the 49ers hyped up and mentally focused on what's coming Thursday. And at the best, it actually helps technically prepare you to play the game better.

Your other thoughts:

Agreed with you, my first thought was that playing in Santa Clara's big advantage would be taking away the Seahawks HFA.

As far as your comments about it not being the CLink, I gathered as much from some posts here, but it also seems like 49ers just don't seem to be affected by it anyway since it hasn't been a part of their culture. Even still, I can't imagine the crowd not coming and giving their best when it comes to this Thursday. And hey, first game since the Crabtree rant.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kap4president":3elxu2up said:
byau":3elxu2up said:
Sgt. Largent":3elxu2up said:

You are a very nice and sensible guy sir among a throng of kool aid drinkin', idiot homers!
SF fans and our team has mad respect for Seattle but we always get accused of saying u suck, we just talk about how we DONT suck as is so commonly stated here, and remind Seattle fans, u got a long way to go before u are in OUR class as an NFL dynasty. Yeah we had ONE bad decade but we are back to stay for a while with our roster and were one play away from going to back to back superbowls. Even if we lose tomorrow and don't make the playoffs, NEXT YEAR we are gonna be loaded with a HEALTHY Bowman and Willis, ALDON for all the games, HYDE starting and a couple new free agent toys.
Get used to hating us because we are gonna give you guys plenty of reason to, WIth or without Harbaugh!

Einstein (I use that term loosely in this case)....what did you expect to find on a Seahawk forum? You really didn't expect throng of idiot 49er homers, did you? But there's always the first one.

seahawksgirl411

Reaction score
HansGruber":10azztb6 said:
I go to the Seahawks game every year in San Fran, and have since we joined the NFCW. It's easy because I'm always down there anyway, and you can get tickets pretty easily.

The Bay area just has too many pro teams, I think. It's been 20 years since the 49ers were relevant and winning, but you have the Giants winning the World Series so that's all anyone cares about. Yeah, there are some football fans, but they just don't have the energy you find in a lot of places where there is one football team and the fans are crazy about it.

It's definitely not one of the "marquee" cities for football fans. I've been to many stadiums. Cleveland, Buffalo and Detroit put San Francisco to shame. If the 49ers are a "marquee" team, then their fans are the pee-wee little leaguers of the NFL because the environment in SF/SC is BORING. Falcons and Saints fans? On another level. You go to a 49ers game and it's like attending a Mariners game. Nobody really cares all that much. If that's what being a "glamour" team means, I'm pretty stoked we're not one.

Hi all - my husband and I are headed to SF tomorrow for the game - just curious how many Hawks fans will be there with us?? I've never gone to an out of state game, so I wasn't sure how outnumbered we'll be (or maybe we'll luck out and have a section full of Hawks fans!) 8) we'll be in section 134. GO HAWKS!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Santa Clara fans are, on average, the worst in the NFL. I generally welcome fans from our other division rivals as they usually don't have their head inserted in to their anal cavity. Santa Clara fans on the other hand... well, this thread is evidence. I wouldn't mind much if they were clever at least, but alas, that's obviously not the case.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Kap4president":y9ngiv69 said:

Based on this I'll put you at about, ehhhh, a third grade reading level. Congrats, you're in the 90th percentile for Santa Clara fans!

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawksgirl411":2mp9c2uq said:
HansGruber":2mp9c2uq said:
I go to the Seahawks game every year in San Fran, and have since we joined the NFCW. It's easy because I'm always down there anyway, and you can get tickets pretty easily.

The Bay area just has too many pro teams, I think. It's been 20 years since the 49ers were relevant and winning, but you have the Giants winning the World Series so that's all anyone cares about. Yeah, there are some football fans, but they just don't have the energy you find in a lot of places where there is one football team and the fans are crazy about it.

It's definitely not one of the "marquee" cities for football fans. I've been to many stadiums. Cleveland, Buffalo and Detroit put San Francisco to shame. If the 49ers are a "marquee" team, then their fans are the pee-wee little leaguers of the NFL because the environment in SF/SC is BORING. Falcons and Saints fans? On another level. You go to a 49ers game and it's like attending a Mariners game. Nobody really cares all that much. If that's what being a "glamour" team means, I'm pretty stoked we're not one.

Hi all - my husband and I are headed to SF tomorrow for the game - just curious how many Hawks fans will be there with us?? I've never gone to an out of state game, so I wasn't sure how outnumbered we'll be (or maybe we'll luck out and have a section full of Hawks fans!) 8) we'll be in section 134. GO HAWKS!

Can't answer how many 'hawk fans will be there (I'm a Niner fan), but you got yourself some good seats there. You are just to the right of the club section. My season tix are in the 200 section pretty close to there.

You won't have the sun in your eyes regardless of when you show.

One thing tho...that's the home sideline, so if there are an abundance of 'hawk fans, they might be on the other side of the field. My guess is tho that they will be sprinked throughout.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1xlot6h9 said:
Kap4president":1xlot6h9 said:

Based on this I'll put you at about, ehhhh, a third grade reading level. Congrats, you're in the 90th percentile for Santa Clara fans!

Not tryin ta get involved on this one...

...but why do Seahawk fans use Santa Clara as if we are somehow going to be insulted by the location of the stadium? Is saying Arlington Cowboys or Foxboro Patriots an insult?

I mean, feel free...no skin off my nose, just wondering why you think it's some sort of insult.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":225gs60s said:
Santa Clara fans are, on average, the worst in the NFL. I generally welcome fans from our other division rivals as they usually don't have their head inserted in to their anal cavity. Santa Clara fans on the other hand... well, this thread is evidence. I wouldn't mind much if they were clever at least, but alas, that's obviously not the case.

Like your some kind of Rhodes Scholar.

Latest posts