Niners at Cards

xray

Reaction score
Maulbert":366k3h6p said:
Oh, well. If they lost to the Cards, they'd probably be more charged up to play us. A close win is probably better for our chances a week from Monday.
And in the words and avatar of Babs Bush,,,yep

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1s05sqn3 said:
2_0_6":1s05sqn3 said:
Niner fans thumpin' chests! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winning is very new to most of them. You can’t say “act like you’ve won before” because most of them in their 49’er fandom, the Niners simply haven’t.

No chest thumping here. Been a fans since Plunkett was QB. Seen the best and worst of the 49ers.

Nothing to thump about, the only thing 49ers are guaranteed right now is 8-8.

Should an interesting 2nd half of the season with the toughest part coming.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":d2crcqt9 said:
Sports Hernia":d2crcqt9 said:
2_0_6":d2crcqt9 said:
Winning is very new to most of them. You can’t say “act like you’ve won before” because most of them in their 49’er fandom, the Niners simply haven’t.

No chest thumping here. Been a fans since Plunkett was QB. Seen the best and worst of the 49ers.

BS! You’re the ultimate “0-1’er!”

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1k02h7sz said:
Popeyejones":1k02h7sz said:
Sgt. Largent":1k02h7sz said:
Popeyejones":1k02h7sz said:
I think you might just not like the guy and are gonna find validation for not liking him regardless of what he does....

-

Nope. I love Richard the football player. I don't like Richard the petulant immature liar that has to be a jackass in order to feed that Mt. Rushmore sized chip on his shoulder acting indignant and continue to do his stupid us against the world act. It's tiresome.

Okay, so him shouting out Larry Fitzgerald, shouting out UDFAs, and shouting out the offense for bailing him and the defense out should all be refreshing for you because it's so unlike all the things about him that you don't like.

But instead you're criticizing him for that too. It's why I'm saying I think you just don't like him. :2thumbs:

I want him to be consistent.

You wanna play the victim jackass up on the soapbox, also own that when you stink. He did the same thing here, so it's nothing new for him.

I'll respect any player that plays it real 24/7, just so happens Sherman isn't one of those players. He loves to thump his chest when he had a pick and the Niners looked good. When he gets toasted and the Niners don't look so hot? Eh, not so much.

Yes, I fully understand what your opinion is.

What I'm dubious about is your claim that you dislike him because he acknowledges it when he plays poorly, and that you'd like him more if he insisted that he played great after he played poorly.

FWIW he was talking about how he needs to play better because of the missed tackle on the Isabella TD. He had a bad play, but he didn't play poorly. In coverage he gave up one reception for three yards. :D

For my money, taking the blame is a sign of leadership, not weakness, but if acknowledging mistakes is a negative for you that's just a matter of opinion that we don't share.

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":vp5bkt1y said:
2_0_6":vp5bkt1y said:
What i think is so damn comical is the 49ers fans now coming to Sherm's defense, when just a few short seasons ago he turned ALL of their stomachs and was heavily criticized for everything he did by that fan base. Now that he is pulling the same stuff in their city it's glassed over and they run in droves to his defense. :D :D

...and what I find funny is Seahawk fans having problems with him for talking up his players and being confrontational to the media and then flat saying "we sucked" and "that wasn't championship football" when they don't play well.

That wasn't "You mad bro?". That wasn't yelling about Crabtree.

I used ot hate Sherman more than most 49er fans, but at this point its beyond me what he's doing NOW that gets under Seahawk fan skin. What is it that makes 'hawk fans say he was making a "business decision" when he literally dove at the RB to make the hit.

I get it that its funny to some of you that Niner fans would defend him after hating him so much, but its far, FAR funnier to me to watch Seahawk fans hate on him when he is FAR more mild than he ever was as a 'hawk.

That's very true. Sherman these days is mild af.

I couldn't imagine there ever being that Erin Andrew post game interview intensity under any circumstances going forward.....

Not hating your own QB might be a start in the right direction to peace of mind.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":33lrg7zd said:
Washington49er":33lrg7zd said:
Sports Hernia":33lrg7zd said:
2_0_6":33lrg7zd said:

BS! You’re the ultimate “0-1’er!”

I actually worked on Dwight Clark's restaurant "Clark's by the bay", worked on Eddies house. We also painted the maternity ward at St. Mary's hospital the same time Joe Montana was in there getting his back surgery and got to meet several 49ers there to visit him.

But whatever gets you through the day Richard.

NINEster

Reaction score
Washington49er":2c43xb1a said:
Sports Hernia":2c43xb1a said:
2_0_6":2c43xb1a said:

Nothing to thump about, the only thing 49ers are guaranteed right now is 8-8.

Should an interesting 2nd half of the season with the toughest part coming.

Oh man, I missed this...…...winning is new to us.

LMFAO.

I guess if you're under the age of 25 you haven't seen much of the glory years.

A good # of us are what you could consider Patriots fans now -- only used to seeing the dominant success and a bit spoiled.

And that's the difference between 49er fans and fans of most other teams -- championship football is a MUSCLE MEMORY. 2011-2013 was a muscle memory of 1981-2002 (probably more a muscle memory of 1992-1994 as far as dominance is concerned). So 2019 is fitting in very nicely to those other eras.

Trust me, after the Patriots era is done with Brady and Belichick and they suck for awhile they'll inevitably be decent again. And I promise you as soon as they are, they'll act like that era never ended.

Even though the Seahawks under Carroll haven't had the same level of sustained peak success, it might be enough for current hawk fans to be entitled 10-15 years from now.