Niners at Cards

Stanley

Reaction score
MrThortan":3ixex30t said:
Game ova. Looking forward to playing this team. I feel better about our chances after watching this game.

:177692: Just remember you won’t be playing the 49er B team, at home, on 4 days rest.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3qim580w said:
UK_Seahawk":3qim580w said:
Sherman gets trucked and the cards get a td. Business decision from Sherman.
Lol how is this a business decision? He literally dives head first, jumping over the blocker, to try to get him.

Business decision
You need to work out what head first means.

xray

Reaction score
Smellyman":1vv7l2kr said:
Kingsbury Fs up again.

Kliff in Pete's clothing
Rookie QB and rookie HC did better than expected .

2_0_6

Reaction score
Kwon Alexander will be taking an MRI today on his pectoral, they fear it might be torn. That would be a HUGE loss for them.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
2_0_6":1sum2y0b said:
Kwon Alexander will be taking an MRI today on his pectoral, they fear it might be torn. That would be a HUGE loss for them.

Nobody will know until later today but the signs look *very* tentatively good so far that it might not be a season ender.

TBH tho if he is out for the year I'd put him in the "big" loss category, not "huge" or "HUGE" (even among the LBs if I had to lose Kwon or Warner I'd probably pick Kwon to be the one to not get to have).

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1fu63iu5 said:
5_Golden_Rings":1fu63iu5 said:
UK_Seahawk":1fu63iu5 said:
Lol how is this a business decision? He literally dives head first, jumping over the blocker, to try to get him.

Business decision
Do you see that his head is at the top there, which is pointed at the running back?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1ohtcjdx said:
Do you see that his head is at the top there, which is pointed at the running back?

You're fighting an uphill battle, and by uphill, I mean 90 degrees uphill.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Popeyejones":vhue5r0t said:
2_0_6":vhue5r0t said:

Nobody will know until later today but the signs look *very* tentatively good so far that it might not be a season ender.

TBH tho if he is out for the year I'd put him in the "big" loss category, not "huge" or "HUGE" (even among the LBs if I had to lose Kwon or Warner I'd probably pick Kwon to be the one to not get to have).

Big, Huge however you want to spin it and sugar coat it, he would be missed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2bhvz05v said:
UK_Seahawk":2bhvz05v said:
5_Golden_Rings":2bhvz05v said:
UK_Seahawk":2bhvz05v said:

Business decision

Breida wasn't the cheetah in this game, and obv Kittle was banged up. They were bringing the depths of their chart into this game, rotating them, but they played admirably. Sanders was unquestionably great for them to have, plus JimmyG really stepped it up.

Maybe their greatest liability at the moment is their secondary. Sherm was thwarted a lot, and with spoon coming back will probably be their weakest point for the upcoming matchup.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3vcg7y3k said:
Maybe their greatest liability at the moment is their secondary. Sherm was thwarted a lot, and with spoon coming back will probably be their weakest point for the upcoming matchup.

The biggest liability has been the same for weeks, and it's the run defense.

If the Seahawks' gameplan isn't to power and crack toss them to death and then start hitting the play action once the LBs are getting sucked in to stop it everyone on that staff deserves to be fired.

That doesn't mean the Seahawks win, but if that's not their offensive strategy to try to win they're fools.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Yeah...that one game me heart palpitations. :)

Good: All I've read for several week snow is "there will come a time when the defense doesn't play as well and they can't run the ball. Can Jimmy win them the game?".

Yes. He can.

Bad: Yes, the D was gassed pretty bad in the second half of a Thursday Night game. There is certainly that element, but I don't want to lean on that entirely as Arizona had the same rest.

I think the Cards might be a tough out on Thursdays if they run that offense up tempo. They spread your out, give you no time for rest or substitute, and then run. Gashed Niners over and over.

This is the one weakness I've seen for this defense all year. They are vulnerable to long runs. I'm not sure if this is based on the wide 9, smaller DTs (weight, not height) or small, fast LBs. It has shown itself several times this year. It makes me nervous vs Seattle and Chris Carson.

Good news is that they know its an issue now. I read above that Niners won so maybe they won't be angry now...don't count on it. Sherman was PISSED after the game.

You all know as well as I do he's gonna have a burr in his saddle for the next 11 days and his teammates are gonna get an earful. Now it may not make a difference if this is simply a schematic or personnel problem on D, but don't count on Niners to sit on the win and think its all kosher.

Again tho...Thursday Night game. I don't want to lean on that, but strange stuff happens on Thursdays.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":12retbjm said:
SantaClaraHawk":12retbjm said:

The biggest liability has been the same for weeks, and it's the run defense.

If the Seahawks' gameplan isn't to power and crack toss them to death and then start hitting the play action once the LBs are getting sucked in to stop it everyone on that staff deserves to be fired.

That doesn't mean the Seahawks win, but if that's not their offensive strategy to try to win they're fools.

My thoughts exactly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":29hu3d5l said:

It's amazing how quiet Richard is in games after he stinks.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ujlo4u0 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2ujlo4u0 said:

Whut?

He spent his entire press conference talking about how he needs to play better and the entire defense needs to play better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1dzdypfq said:
Sgt. Largent":1dzdypfq said:
SantaClaraHawk":1dzdypfq said:

Whut?

He spent his entire press conference talking about how he needs to play better and the entire defense needs to play better.

I don't mean quiet as in he doesn't talk at all, I mean quiet as in his "we don't want you jumping on our bandwagon if you doubted us before the season" routine.........as well as all his usual Twitter retweets showing stats about how awesome he is in coverage, or lying about being disrespected in the pre-game handshake.

You know, the usual.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":iixxujjv said:
UK_Seahawk":iixxujjv said:
5_Golden_Rings":iixxujjv said:
UK_Seahawk":iixxujjv said:

Business decision
He dived past him which is why he got hit in the side and trucked.

He whiffed to protect himself. Look at the tape rather than one frame.

The uphill battle here is explaining shit to you retards.

Washington49er

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":21j48rib said:
5_Golden_Rings":21j48rib said:
UK_Seahawk":21j48rib said:
5_Golden_Rings":21j48rib said:

Business decision
He dived past him which is why he got hit in the side and trucked.

He whiffed to protect himself. Look at the tape rather than one frame.

The uphill battle here is explaining $h!t to you retards.

"Retards" Mods?

I'm not even in this argument, just looking for clarification.

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":fwn32zfb said:
Yeah...that one game me heart palpitations. :)

Good: All I've read for several week snow is "there will come a time when the defense doesn't play as well and they can't run the ball. Can Jimmy win them the game?".

Yes. He can.

Bad: Yes, the D was gassed pretty bad in the second half of a Thursday Night game. There is certainly that element, but I don't want to lean on that entirely as Arizona had the same rest.

I think the Cards might be a tough out on Thursdays if they run that offense up tempo. They spread your out, give you no time for rest or substitute, and then run. Gashed Niners over and over.

This is the one weakness I've seen for this defense all year. They are vulnerable to long runs. I'm not sure if this is based on the wide 9, smaller DTs (weight, not height) or small, fast LBs. It has shown itself several times this year. It makes me nervous vs Seattle and Chris Carson.

Good news is that they know its an issue now. I read above that Niners won so maybe they won't be angry now...don't count on it. Sherman was PISSED after the game.

You all know as well as I do he's gonna have a burr in his saddle for the next 11 days and his teammates are gonna get an earful. Now it may not make a difference if this is simply a schematic or personnel problem on D, but don't count on Niners to sit on the win and think its all kosher.

Again tho...Thursday Night game. I don't want to lean on that, but strange stuff happens on Thursdays.
For the game as a whole, I think it was more of a function of the Niners not being able to run it and control the ball via the run. The cardinals had a great run defense that took the 49ers out of ball control runs.

When the offense controls the ball, the defense will have great defensive stats in yards per game - even though they might have a weakness in the run game.

The wide 9 is weak against the run, and so I'm not surprised the 49er defense got gashed against the run when the 49er offense couldn't control the ball and keep a lead. So yeah, the 49ers have a weakness against the run, but it's a choice - the wide 9 scheme might be modified in the 2nd meeting with the Cardinals.

On the 88+ yard pass to Isabela, the 49ers had their 2nd string defense line in - with only Bosa as the rusher, and/or I believe they were playing either the screen game or a run game, and didn't pass rush much. I think that 88+ yard pass play doesn't happen if the 49ers stay in pass rush mode (ie a blitz or a stunt).

I think with Juszczyk, Staley, McGlinchy and (I think) Witherspoon back, the run game will work better in the 2nd meeting with the Cardinals and take pressure off the defense against Kyler Murrey. If the 49ers ball control and keep Kyler on the bench, it's tough for Kyler to score.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zispvqn said:
Popeyejones":2zispvqn said:
Sgt. Largent":2zispvqn said:
SantaClaraHawk":2zispvqn said:

Whut?

I don't mean quiet as in he doesn't talk at all, I mean quiet as in his "we don't want you jumping on our bandwagon if you doubted us before the season" routine.........as well as all his usual Twitter retweets showing stats about how awesome he is in coverage, or lying about being disrespected in the pre-game handshake.

You know, the usual.

So you're saying that after he or the defense plays well he talks about them playing well, bu after he or the defense doesn't play well he talks about them not playing well.

Yeah, well, okay? Your objection is that he doesn't talk about how good he is after he plays poorly?!?!?

He's been publicizing the offense for bailing them out, shouting out Larry Fitz and saying it was an honor to get to play against him, and shouting out the 9ers UDFA backups who played well. This bothers you? :lol: :lol:

It's weird, dude.

I think you might just not like the guy and are gonna find validation for not liking him regardless of what he does....

-

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I hate sherman says niner fans.

I love his chip says hawks fans.

He ends up with niners.

I love dick to death says niner fans

I hate his smug bs says hawks fans.

It just shows how flip floppy people are.

Niners are good. Jimmy is a average Qb to me so far but the run game and defense is amazing.

Latest posts