Niners at Cards

knownone

Reaction score
Marvin49":3q2r9ak1 said:
Yeah...that one game me heart palpitations. :)

Good: All I've read for several week snow is "there will come a time when the defense doesn't play as well and they can't run the ball. Can Jimmy win them the game?".

Yes. He can.
I’m not sure this game answers that question. The Cardinals pass defense was giving up an average of 3 TDs and a 118 QBR going into the game. Jimmy certainly won them the game, but Arizona really doesn’t have the talent to slow any passing game down for 4 quarters.

From a Seahawks perspective, there really isn’t much to take away from this game. The Cardinals are a bad stylistic match up for the 49ers, and they exploited them in ways Seattle can’t/won’t.

knownone

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":zo9mk6ig said:
I hate sherman says niner fans.

I love his chip says hawks fans.

He ends up with niners.

I love d*ck to death says niner fans

I hate his smug bs says hawks fans.

It just shows how flip floppy people are.

Niners are good. Jimmy is a average Qb to me so far but the run game and defense is amazing.
I (and many others) didn’t like Sherm’s personality while he was here. He’s a great player, but he’s also a bit of a sociopath.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ri33ac6 said:
I think you might just not like the guy and are gonna find validation for not liking him regardless of what he does....

-

Nope. I love Richard the football player. I don't like Richard the petulant immature liar that has to be a jackass in order to feed that Mt. Rushmore sized chip on his shoulder acting indignant and continue to do his stupid us against the world act. It's tiresome.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qldkxtwg said:
Popeyejones":qldkxtwg said:
I think you might just not like the guy and are gonna find validation for not liking him regardless of what he does....

-

Nope. I love Richard the football player. I don't like Richard the petulant immature liar that has to be a jackass in order to feed that Mt. Rushmore sized chip on his shoulder acting indignant and continue to do his stupid us against the world act. It's tiresome.

Okay, so him shouting out Larry Fitzgerald, shouting out UDFAs, and shouting out the offense for bailing him and the defense out should all be refreshing for you because it's so unlike all the things about him that you don't like.

But instead you're criticizing him for that too. It's why I'm saying I think you just don't like him. :2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
knownone":pjjl8ktu said:
(and many others) didn’t like Sherm’s personality while he was here. He’s a great player, but he’s also a bit of a sociopath.

Fair. I'm kind of the opposite in that I liked him both as a player and as a person even back when he was dunking on my favorite team, and I still like him now.

As for him being a bit of a sociopath (or at least a bit of a something), yeah, probably, but I think that's probably true for many top athletes in the world.

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":3v14ref2 said:
Marvin49":3v14ref2 said:
Yeah...that one game me heart palpitations. :)

Good: All I've read for several week snow is "there will come a time when the defense doesn't play as well and they can't run the ball. Can Jimmy win them the game?".

Yes. He can.
I’m not sure this game answers that question. The Cardinals pass defense was giving up an average of 3 TDs and a 118 QBR going into the game. Jimmy certainly won them the game, but Arizona really doesn’t have the talent to slow any passing game down for 4 quarters.

From a Seahawks perspective, there really isn’t much to take away from this game. The Cardinals are a bad stylistic match up for the 49ers, and they exploited them in ways Seattle can’t/won’t.

I don't buy that at all.

Yes of course, he has a better chance against bad pass defenses, but all anyone has been saying about his is that he can't get it done when they need him. That was an NFL team out there. That was a team that had some talent, is in the division, and at home.

Well....they needed him. In a big way. He was under pressure all day as those backup tackles were being deposited in his lap. He was 12-14 on third down. The threw 3 TDs on Third down and another on 4th.

I didn't need those questions answered for me RE Jimmy because I saw it in 2016, but IMO he answered that question in spades.

Now, does that mean I expect to see him to that against the Saints or Packers? No idea. Probably not because that won't be the gameplan. However, I don't see if NOT happening with both tackles back.

It wasn't just the numbers last night. It was the specific throws. The pass to Sanders just as he was getting out of his break was insane. The TD pass to Pettis with pressure in his face was nuts.

Time after time, with pressure in his face he delivered. Now peeps just want to move the goalpost. Go ahead, its all good, but for me it was never a question if he could do it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1ayvdrr6 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ayvdrr6 said:
Popeyejones":1ayvdrr6 said:

-

Okay, so him shouting out Larry Fitzgerald, shouting out UDFAs, and shouting out the offense for bailing him and the defense out should all be refreshing for you because it's so unlike all the things about him that you don't like.

But instead you're criticizing him for that too. It's why I'm saying I think you just don't like him. :2thumbs:

I want him to be consistent.

You wanna play the victim jackass up on the soapbox, also own that when you stink. He did the same thing here, so it's nothing new for him.

I'll respect any player that plays it real 24/7, just so happens Sherman isn't one of those players. He loves to thump his chest when he had a pick and the Niners looked good. When he gets toasted and the Niners don't look so hot? Eh, not so much.

2_0_6

Reaction score
What i think is so damn comical is the 49ers fans now coming to Sherm's defense, when just a few short seasons ago he turned ALL of their stomachs and was heavily criticized for everything he did by that fan base. Now that he is pulling the same stuff in their city it's glassed over and they run in droves to his defense. :D :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
2_0_6":2dla2uqa said:
What i think is so damn comical is the 49ers fans now coming to Sherm's defense, when just a few short seasons ago he turned ALL of their stomachs and was heavily criticized for everything he did by that fan base. Now that he is pulling the same stuff in their city it's glassed over and they run in droves to his defense. :D :D
Told them for years when he was here, that they’d love him if he was playing for their team and most denied it at the time.
Looks like I was spot on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
2_0_6":263x0a5d said:

...and what I find funny is Seahawk fans having problems with him for talking up his players and being confrontational to the media and then flat saying "we sucked" and "that wasn't championship football" when they don't play well.

That wasn't "You mad bro?". That wasn't yelling about Crabtree.

I used ot hate Sherman more than most 49er fans, but at this point its beyond me what he's doing NOW that gets under Seahawk fan skin. What is it that makes 'hawk fans say he was making a "business decision" when he literally dove at the RB to make the hit.

I get it that its funny to some of you that Niner fans would defend him after hating him so much, but its far, FAR funnier to me to watch Seahawk fans hate on him when he is FAR more mild than he ever was as a 'hawk.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1mqofyoa said:
2_0_6":1mqofyoa said:
Told them for years when he was here, that they’d love him if he was playing for their team and most denied it at the time.

Yup exactly.

I love Sherman the player and always will, but hate Sherman the shit talker, always have and always will. It's funny and painful at the same time to watch knowing he runs his mouth when he has a good game or wins, but crawls in a shell and shuts up when he doesn't.

It cant go both ways.

Marvin49

Reaction score
2_0_6":15lqso5f said:
Sports Hernia":15lqso5f said:
2_0_6":15lqso5f said:

Yup exactly.

I love Sherman the player and always will, but hate Sherman the $h!t talker, always have and always will. It's funny and painful at the same time to watch knowing he runs his mouth when he has a good game or wins, but crawls in a shell and shuts up when he doesn't.

It cant go both ways.

The thing is tho, I don't think he's talkin Sh*t.

Guess it doesn't really matter.

Bring on Monday Night. This should be a good one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
2_0_6":19185xgj said:
Niner fans thumpin' chests! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winning is very new to most of them. You can’t say “act like you’ve won before” because most of them in their 49’er fandom, the Niners simply haven’t.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":izznkaby said:
5_Golden_Rings":izznkaby said:
UK_Seahawk":izznkaby said:
5_Golden_Rings":izznkaby said:
Lol how is this a business decision? He literally dives head first, jumping over the blocker, to try to get him.

Business decision
You need to work out what head first means.
Do you see that his head is at the top there, which is pointed at the running back?
He dived past him which is why he got hit in the side and trucked.

He whiffed to protect himself. Look at the tape rather than one frame.

The uphill battle here is explaining $h!t to you retards.
I watched it like ten times. (1) He DIDN’T whiff. He made contact and you can even HEAR it if you listen closely. (2) He failed to stop him because his head was down and he wasn’t looking due to stupidity and poor technique.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
2_0_6":265e028k said:
Who is chest thumping here? But yeah go on twittee and you’ll still see a lot of homers acting like the Saints aren’t the best team in the NFC right now even though clearly they are.

2_0_6

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1mjrir57 said:
2_0_6":1mjrir57 said:
Who is chest thumping here? But yeah go on twittee and you’ll still see a lot of homers acting like the Saints aren’t the best team in the NFC right now even though clearly they are.

Lighten up Francis, welcome to the land of being relevant again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3ts66z19 said:
UK_Seahawk":3ts66z19 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3ts66z19 said:
UK_Seahawk":3ts66z19 said:
Do you see that his head is at the top there, which is pointed at the running back?

I watched it like ten times. (1) He DIDN’T whiff. He made contact and you can even HEAR it if you listen closely. (2) He failed to stop him because his head was down and he wasn’t looking due to stupidity and poor technique.

Bro, I have no clue why he is choosing THIS hill to die on, but if he calls Sherman launching his shoulder first into the ball carrier AND putting his helmet on the ball a "business decision", he either A) has a vested interest or B) has no clue what he is watching.

Moreover, its funny to me that he calls that a "truck" on Sherman when the real embarrassing thing there was Jaquiski Tartt, NOT Sherman.

NINEster

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3hmy7nyt said:
I hate sherman says niner fans.

I love his chip says hawks fans.

He ends up with niners.

I love d*ck to death says niner fans

I hate his smug bs says hawks fans.

It just shows how flip floppy people are.

Niners are good. Jimmy is a average Qb to me so far but the run game and defense is amazing.

Average QB converts 11/13 on 3rd down, and all 4 TD passes were either on 3rd or 4th down?

No average QB does that against any NFL competition, on any given night, not even the Dolphins or whomever is the worst defense right now.

xray

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2cbxt8q3 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2cbxt8q3 said:
UK_Seahawk":2cbxt8q3 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2cbxt8q3 said:
Lol how is this a business decision? He literally dives head first, jumping over the blocker, to try to get him.

Business decision

Retards ? UK stands for unclean Knt ...that's what I've always heard . So it's true . :rumble:

Latest posts