Niners vs. the Rams

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1zhgj38d said:
Re: that final PI call, from that camera angle it's pretty inconclusive to me.

The DB does seem to get pushed off his coverage, but also seemed to at least be an equal participant in initiating contact at the top of the route.

Without being able to see if there's a push off or not (which you simply can't see from that camera angle) any complaints about that call aren't really valid, IMO.

I agree, but we still got lucky. If that was a Patriots, Cowboy or Steeler player, no flag.

Of course we also taught a "how to blow a game in the NFL" class there, so I'll take it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, that roughing penalty on Donald was bad, as was the no PI after nothing but PI all across the field on Celek in the end zone.

9ers fans are of course telling themselves they lost to the refs this week, but whatever, there's a segment of every fan base that does that in reaction to every close loss.

The Rams are fun to watch this year, which is pretty exciting given that the Cardinals aren't anymore.

rlkats

Reaction score
Good win Ram fans congrats. My Niners are still building. Your team needed a good coach that is all that was missing. We will get better in time. This is your year to take the division I feel. Good luck.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1sh3n30c said:
Popeyejones":1sh3n30c said:
Re: that final PI call, from that camera angle it's pretty inconclusive to me.

The DB does seem to get pushed off his coverage, but also seemed to at least be an equal participant in initiating contact at the top of the route.

Without being able to see if there's a push off or not (which you simply can't see from that camera angle) any complaints about that call aren't really valid, IMO.

I agree, but we still got lucky. If that was a Patriots, Cowboy or Steeler player, no flag.

Of course we also taught a "how to blow a game in the NFL" class there, so I'll take it.

Yep, totally agree. It was very unfortunate that the refs got involved on this play. I didn't see a foul but at worst I thought it should be a no-call.

Anyhow, great game to watch. The SF GM/Coach combo and the new Rams Coach are all guys to be very excited about. I think they're all good hires.

Chapow

Reaction score
BigBill1945":25qzw650 said:
I have Gurley as my second team RB. He has not done shit this season and now he has 3 TDs. And....of course I am not playing him this week........@%#$

Uuuuhhh... what?

Gurley has scored at least one TD in every game so far and has pretty much carried my crappy team through the first 2 weeks. My league has really low scoring settings (non PPR) and Gurley has put up 15.6, 23.6, and 32.9 points.

No offense man, but if you haven't been starting Gurley you haven't been paying attention. He's been killin' it this season.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ivotuk":avzbnger said:
Hawk_Nation":avzbnger said:
Whats worse?

Only scoring 12 against the 49ers or the Rams giving up damn near 40 to the Niners?

LOL you guys just can't let go. It's like your desperate to make your point.

This game has nothing to do with Sunday's game! These guys are playing on 3 days rest! SMH

Far from desperate, just asking a simple question. Im glad you found it amusing though.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Chapow":241ybw5u said:
BigBill1945":241ybw5u said:
I have Gurley as my second team RB. He has not done shit this season and now he has 3 TDs. And....of course I am not playing him this week........@%#$

Uuuuhhh... what?

Gurley has scored at least one TD in every game so far and has pretty much carried my crappy team through the first 2 weeks. My league has really low scoring settings (non PPR) and Gurley has put up 15.6, 23.6, and 32.9 points.

No offense man, but if you haven't been starting Gurley you haven't been paying attention. He's been killin' it this season.

Yeah, was gonna comment on this too and then forgot.

Before last night Gurley was averaging 125 yards and 1.5 TDs per game in those first two weeks.

If all my players were "not doing sh!t" like that I'd be the best player in the history of FF.

themunn

Reaction score
ivotuk":ydo610jo said:
Hawk_Nation":ydo610jo said:
Whats worse?

Only scoring 12 against the 49ers or the Rams giving up damn near 40 to the Niners?

LOL you guys just can't let go. It's like your desperate to make your point.

This game has nothing to do with Sunday's game! These guys are playing on 3 days rest! SMH

3 days rest and the niners defense was on the field for 37 minutes against us.

The sooner they get rid of Thursday night games the better. 100% it's part of the next CBA.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Smellyman":3vnhqosq said:
Look at the Rams with a dynamic O, I thought the SF D was really good? Playing the wizard Bevell will make any D look good.
As some crazy dude pointed out on the 49ers forums, the Rams have nine 1st or 2nd round picks on their offense. That is a talented offense. People forget Jeff Fischer was their coach last year.

Latest posts