Not in the playoffs yet?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":nt3f8o95 said:
We cannot look too far ahead. We have to win this weekend first and foremost. I have a bad feeling we are going to take the Niners lightly and it will be a game in the fourth quarter.

We are way better then the Niners and should win easily. Game should be over half way thru the third quarter.

But I'm a fan. I get to look ahead as far as I want. :p :2thumbs:

I don't think the coaches or players will take any team lightly; that's not PC's philosophy. But that's exactly why I can do so. We'll be prepared, I believe, and come away with a solid win.

sutz

Reaction score
Bottom line is pretty simple. Keep winning games. Yeah we could still lose another one, and maybe even two and still make the dance. Fact is, though, every game we win gets us closer to the goal.

Oh, I don't think Pete and the team will not take this game lightly. They know what they're doing. This time of year there is plenty of tape on the 9ers, so they will be looking for the weak spots. We should have some confidence.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
All I want for christmas is to take out the rams
to take out the rams
oh to take out the rams

All i want for christmas is to take out the rams
Then drink their tears until next year.

zchurch74

Reaction score
If we win the next three we are in for sure. The chiefs game will mean nothing and the cardinals will be like a preseason game.

sdog1981

Reaction score
They have to win 10 and the Vikings can only win 9 games.

Polaris

Reaction score
sdog1981":3ekky4jl said:

True thanks to the tie, but the Vikings have to play New England in New England. We don't.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sdog1981":3nyuelnv said:

For Seattle to have a better seed than Minny? Sure.

Both teams could and probably will make the playoffs. Its not an either/or with Seattle and the Vikes.

That's why its interesting to see so many people say that we have to beat Minnesota and we have to win 10 to have a shot.

9 wins most likely gets us in unless Carolina knocks off the Saints in one of their two contests AND wins out the rest. Not likely.

9 wins for Seattle is a relatively safe bet for the playoffs.

zchurch74

Reaction score
If we beat Minnesota we are in the driver seat as we will have wins over a lot of the teams in the same position. We will have beat Dallas, Carolina, Green Bay, and the Vikings. All teams fighting for a wild card spot.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The only hard games left for the Vikings are the Seahawks and Pats.

So week 13 Seahawks beat the Niners and Vikings lose to the Pats. Seahawks they are in the playoffs as the 5 seed.

Week 14 Seahawks lose to the Vikings they are out of the playoffs

Week 15 Vikings play the Dolphins at home Seahawks play the Niners. Both teams win Seahawks still out of the playoffs

Week 16 Seahawks play the Chiefs and the Vikings play the lions. I hope the Chiefs have nothing to play for because the Vikings could pick up a second game on the Seahawks this week.

Week 17 Seahawks host Cards Vikings host Bears. Both teams win Seahawks are still out of the playoffs because the Panthers have 10 wins.

Week 14 is the playoffs. They lose that game they no longer control their own playoff chances. They can make it in as a 9-7 team but the Vikings can only win 8 games.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sdog1981":25nj4fo7 said:
The only hard games left for the Vikings are the Seahawks and Pats.

So week 13 Seahawks beat the Niners and Vikings lose to the Pats. Seahawks they are in the playoffs as the 5 seed.

Week 14 Seahawks lose to the Vikings they are out of the playoffs

Week 15 Vikings play the Dolphins at home Seahawks play the Niners. Both teams win Seahawks still out of the playoffs

Week 16 Seahawks play the Chiefs and the Vikings play the lions. I hope the Chiefs have nothing to play for because the Vikings could pick up a second game on the Seahawks this week.

Week 17 Seahawks host Cards Vikings host Bears. Both teams win Seahawks are still out of the playoffs because the Panthers have 10 wins.

Week 14 is the playoffs. They lose that game they no longer control their own playoff chances. They can make it in as a 9-7 team but the Vikings can only win 8 games.

How is Carolina getting to 10 wins??

Vikings also host the 8-3 Bears. Seems like a 50-50 game at best. Vikes could easily finish 8-7-1.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2v1yofxt said:

Vikings also host the 8-3 Bears. Seems like a 50-50 game at best. Vikes could easily finish 8-7-1.

The Panthers play the Browns, Falcons, Buccaneers and, The Saints twice, with one of them in week 17 when the Saints will shut it down. So at this point, the Panthers have to beat the Browns to ensure the Seahawks can lose to the Vikings and still make the playoffs. Also if the Bears have locked up the 4 seed by week 17 they will shut it down and lose to the Vikings.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sdog1981":191a1oi5 said:
Hawkpower":191a1oi5 said:

The Panthers play the Browns, Falcons, Buccaneers and, The Saints twice, with one of them in week 17 when the Saints will shut it down. So at this point, the Panthers have to beat the Browns to ensure the Seahawks can lose to the Vikings and still make the playoffs. Also if the Bears have locked up the 4 seed by week 17 they will shut it down and lose to the Vikings.

First of all, you can't claim definitively that the Saints will shut it down. They may still be battling for the one seed.

Lets also add that Carolina has now lost 3 in a row...so assuming that they will automatically win all of their non Saints game is a bit premature, even if the competition is a bit weak.

And nobody ever "shuts it down" because they locked up a 4 seed....please. And the Bears are going to be the 3 anyway, not the 4.The Bears will be playing tough all the way through the season end.

Bottom line, Seattle does itself many favors by beating Minnesota, but it is highly unlikely that our playoff lives depend on it.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3tdjucvz said:
And nobody ever "shuts it down"

NFL Week 17 2017.

Chiefs don't even play their starting QB Alex Smith

Rams bench everyone. They trotted out Sean Mannion to lose to the 49ers

Eagle start Nate Sudfeld and lose to the Cowboys

Steelers bench Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown

Teams shut it down all the time. This season teams might shut it down even sooner because of the lead that the Saints and Rams have over the other 2 division leaders.

As much as I think the Panthers and Cam can't be trusted I also find it very hard to predict that they will lose 6 games in a row.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sdog1981":1ozppyek said:
Hawkpower":1ozppyek said:
And nobody ever "shuts it down"

NFL Week 17 2017.

Chiefs don't even play their starting QB Alex Smith

Rams bench everyone. They trotted out Sean Mannion to lose to the 49ers

Eagle start Nate Sudfeld and lose to the Cowboys

Steelers bench Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown

Teams shut it down all the time. This season teams might shut it down even sooner because of the lead that the Saints and Rams have over the other 2 division leaders.

As much as I think the Panthers and Cam can't be trusted I also find it very hard to predict that they will lose 6 games in a row.

Ok so I'm pretty sure you aren't being serious at this point, but just in case you are truly trying to engage in a conversation:

You cut off my quote (probably on purpose I would imagine) I stated that teams dont shut down because they have the 4th seed locked up. At that point there are typically still homefield advantage possibilities on the line. But I think you know this.

Also, where did I ever mention the Panthers losing 6 in a row? They only need to lose twice and we are safe at 9-7...

Anyway, if you are truly being serious, I guess I'll leave you to your doom and gloom Minnesota game worry. Doesn't seem as if you can be convinced otherwise haha :lol: Guess you will just have to see for yourself.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2ddbd8jp said:
Also, where did I ever mention the Panthers losing 6 in a row? They only need to lose twice and we are safe at 9-7...

Anyway, if you are truly being serious, I guess I'll leave you to your doom and gloom Minnesota game worry. Doesn't seem as if you can be convinced otherwise haha :lol: Guess you will just have to see for yourself.

You can use the ESPN playoff machine and see for yourself.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sdog1981":2dio3tr9 said:
Hawkpower":2dio3tr9 said:

You can use the ESPN playoff machine and see for yourself.

Haha the playoff machines (and common sense of course) are exactly what assure me that we will likely be fine at 9-7.

But like I said, enjoy your doom and gloom and weird obsessive emphasis on the Minnesota game.

Winning it would be great! But the season does not ride on it.