Not in the playoffs yet?

sdog1981

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1qak0ikj said:
The gameplan against MIN will be to just run at Richardson all day. He'll tap out.

Or be out of position.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Yeah I just don't care about it
I want 11 and 5 just to prove we belong
Cousins has always been good against us and we need to show we deserve to be there by smokin the chiefs and winning out the rest we should as well , so bite me 9-7 , I want 11 and 5
Go Hawks

Reaction score
I love being in the playoff discussion! If u asked me at the beginning of the year I didn't think we would be in this position! That is exciting enough for me! Now obviously I would love it if we make it! U do not sacrifice draft position for a chance at the playoffs espically a team that always trades back! Just really excited to see how we end up! On another note I think we need to win the Vikings game! I don't think it's a must win but if we end up going on a streak at the end of the year it's those types of teams that tend to cause problems for everyone!

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I just spent some time playing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine. If you haven't done that you should, it's pretty fun. Here's what I got from it:

1. If we win 4 of 5 to go 10-6 we're in, basically no questions asked. If the loss is to Kansas City then we're likely the 5 seed and would play the NFL East Champs. If the loss is to Minnesota then we'd more likely be the 6 seed, and play either Minnesota or Chicago in the first round. (If we win out to go 11-5 we're the five seed no matter what)

2. If we lose to both Minnesota and Kansas City to finish 9-7 we still have a decent chance to see the playoffs. The biggest teams to root against in that case are 1. Washington Redskins and 2. Dallas Cowboys. We already have the tiebreaker vs Dallas, but not Washington.

Here's their remaining schedules:

Skins- @ Philadelphia, vs NY Giants, @ Jacksonville, @ Tennessee, vs Philadelphia
Boys- vs New Orleans, vs Philadelphia, @ Indianapolis, vs Tampa Bay, @ NY Giants

Philadelphia would need to go 4-1 and to be in that conversation. However 3 of their 5 games are against Dallas and Washington (along with the Texans and Rams) so I think that is very unlikely. And if they do win 4 of 5 with that schedule they would likely end up being division champs anyways.

Moral of the story: if they Hawks can't take care of business next Monday night then root for an 8-8 NFC East Champ, and for the Redskins to go full Colt McCoy over the next five weeks.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
sdog1981":348q6lca said:
vin.couve12":348q6lca said:
The gameplan against MIN will be to just run at Richardson all day. He'll tap out.

Or be out of position.

The key will be keeping Hunter and Richardson out of our backfield. Run the ball down their throats. Yup, they've got a stiff run defense, but I'm sure Shotty has a plan for that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Think the Panthers are a team to watch as well... be easier if they lose their two games with new Orleans

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3loma4bn said:
Think the Panthers are a team to watch as well... be easier if they lose their two games with new Orleans

Week 17 New Orleans game could be an easy one for the Panthers. If the Saints and Rams have the same record in week 17 the Saints would bench all their starters with HFA locked up.

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":293pysdb said:
Uncle Si":293pysdb said:

Week 17 New Orleans game could be an easy one for the Panthers. If the Saints and Rams have the same record in week 17 the Saints would bench all their starters with HFA locked up.

Need to beat Dallas first.

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":i0yznoec said:
sdog1981":i0yznoec said:
Uncle Si":i0yznoec said:

Need to beat Dallas first.

This was a good result for the Hawks. The Saints could be in full try hard mode for the rest of the season and that would give the Panthers two more losses.

The second part is if the Hawks are the 5 seed they will play the 4th seeded Cowboys on the road in the wildcard round. Beating them would be a lot of fun.

sdog1981

Reaction score
With the Panthers loss, the Hawks are in. Now the Hawks can go 9-7 and still.make the playoffs

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Fox sports broadcast said that as of now, we are in the number five spot but could drop if we don't win against the Vikings