Not making playoffs

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
brimsalabim":5qoe5wso said:
I'm not sure we want to. We don't appear capable of winning a playoff game anyway and we could use the higher draft pick on a better LT.

You mean like when we needed to suck for luck or RG3 because there was absolutely no other way to get a franchise QB?
:pukeface:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Only a Seahawks fan could say this after a WIN. I know though, I used to be the same way.

This team has hit a rough patch, now everyone has written them off only to be surprised when they return next week like gangbusters.

Go Hawks! :snack:

Cartire

Reaction score
ivotuk":gkp3w87v said:
Only a Seahawks fan could say this after a WIN. I know though, I used to be the same way.

This team has hit a rough patch, now everyone has written them off only to be surprised when they return next week like gangbusters.

Go Hawks! :snack:

We had more enthusiastic post after our OT win against TB last year where we completely crapped the bed for a half and let a winless team completely dominate us.

I think nostalgic glasses after a SuperBowl victory has put this team so high on a pedestal for fans, they cant appreciate a W without it being a W by at least 21.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":1kb1ws73 said:
I think nostalgic glasses after a SuperBowl victory has put this team so high on a pedestal for fans, they cant appreciate a W without it being a W by at least 21.

It's a typical fan reaction.

I have a buddy that lives in Boston, and he STILL complains about the Pats not dominating teams week in and week out. He thinks Brady should just throw for 500 yards and 5 TD's every game and they should win comfortably.........because in his mind it's still 2003.

We were spoiled by how amazing we played in the SB, and then saw how we carried it over in the first game against GB. So in a lot of fans minds we EXPECT that level of play each week.

Realistic? Of course not. But when we all turn the game on each week now we're all thinking the same thing "THIS is the week we finally put it all together."

StoneCold

Reaction score
seahawksny was trolling. Either that or his Prozac ran out.

Too much dumb in this thread. And I'd better shut my cake hole before there's more. :)

SC

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Is anyone actually following team statistics?

Theyve played some of the top offenses in the NFL and are still the 5th best defense in the league and our run defense is better than its been in the PC era. Also, Hawks are the 2nd best rushing team in the NFL. All of this without some of our best players on offense and defense! Come on, relax people this is ridiculous!

Sitting at 5-3 with a very solid shot at improving to 6-3 we hold tie breakers with Carolina and Green Bay in playoff scenerios. We've played a very hard schedule and are on pace for a great season.

Its the close losses that have made things seem worse than they are. Outside of maybe San Diego we couldve and shouldve won every other game. In 2012 at this time the team was 4-4 and finding out who they are. Not that much has changed this season where the team is trying to play on without Harvin in the mix. Injuries to Unger and Okung also dont help but those 2 will be back sooner than later.

Im enjoying this season as the team is still showing that its growing and maturing with young guys in the mix that definitely can only benefit from their necessity to play.

Every win you get with a depleted NFL roster is a bonus! The fact is, we WON last week. Had the lead Vs St Louis who pulled out all the stops to beat us while we also blatantly shot ourselves in the foot. Also, had the lead on Dallas in the 4th before again, shooting ourselves in the foot.

This team is FINER THAN FROGS SPLIT FOUR WAYS! :0190l:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ikoiqvk said:
TorontoHawk":1ikoiqvk said:
peachesenregalia":1ikoiqvk said:
We're going to go 11-5 and get probably a wildcard. Where we go from there depends on how healthy we are going into the postseason.

Stop being so down on this team. we're fighting our way through this bad patch is all.

Healthy we destroy this team. We were missing six starters.

Er....they were destroying the Raiders in the first half without those 6 starters. Then they went into a whole preventive mode and let the Raiders back in the game. This game was blowout in the first half and should have ended in a blowout. They didn't finish this game well at all. That needs to be corrected.
This game went EXACTLY the way the "Bookies" wanted it to go, point spread and all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":mpz8rre4 said:
Home field against good teams won't matter rest of the way. It mattered today cause had this game been in Oakland we'd be looking at 4-4.

And if my Aunt had testicles, she'd be my Uncle.
Fully healthy, and we don't look quite so anemic, but, with so many injuries to our KEY position players, we're limping our way through wins.
Every victory should be celebrated, not sniveled about.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
scutterhawk":smg73iva said:
seahawksny":smg73iva said:
Home field against good teams won't matter rest of the way. It mattered today cause had this game been in Oakland we'd be looking at 4-4.

And if my Aunt had testicles, she'd be my Uncle.
Fully healthy, and we don't look quite so anemic, but, with so many injuries to our KEY position players, we're limping our way through wins.
Every victory should be celebrated, not sniveled about.

THIS

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawksny":25upmpql said:
Unless something significantly improves, I cannot see us winning in kc, Philly or both times against the cardinals.
Home field against good teams won't matter rest of the way. It mattered today cause had this game been in Oakland we'd be looking at 4-4

I'd be impressed with a 10-6 record, but that might not be good enough to go to post season.
frankly I can't see past 9-7;right now, even with a lot of players coming back.

How about significantly healthier.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Who is going to take our spot below us? 49ers? No. Vikings? No. Bears? LOL no.

We're making the playoffs, even if it the negative nancys don't like it.