Not much to say after this one

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Can't get too stressed out cause our defensive starters haven't played together yet..............but it is a little worrisome that our defense is predicated on our four down lineman getting home, and the starters have yet to do that in the preseason.

Also interior defense with the run game was absolutely DESTROYED by Raider backups.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":15s7v7xd said:
HoustonHawk82":15s7v7xd said:
Maybe Richardson could use some Lasik surgery to help his deep ball vision.

Or possibly just having an accurate pass would help.

I would love to get him in position for some YAC and then see what he does. He was the end around in some of those percy formations, but they didn't unleash him.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I find it hard to get too upset about that game last night. You have to just laugh when a team scores three times in a row on you like that! The one telling issue I took from that game is that we no longer have the depth at most positions that we had last year. For me the bright spots last night were Small, Shead, Kearse, Walters (despite the fumble), Bronson, Daniels and RaShaun Allen. Moreover, dare I say the Starting OL actually looked the part on that first series! The guys who did their cause no good last night were Mayowa, Auguste, Adams, Jeanpierre and for god’s sake someone stick a fork in Pryor! Turn that dude into a TE, and soon, or his days as an NFL player may soon be at an end. Daniels has far more upside than him at this point, hell even TJack looked completely lost last night. I think it was a disservice to Daniels to limit his playing time so much. Every time he was on the field this Pre-Season he progressed and even scored a few times! The complete lack of a pass rush, and marginal Run D this pre-season still makes me wish we could have hung onto Clemons. But I think we will be fine as the season progresses.
We have a lot of “Healing” to do in the next week, so lets hope that everyone is healthy for that opener! Buckle up kids I think this season is going to be a Barn Burner if our offense parlays that pre-season form into regular season play!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2p2c0pqe said:
HoustonHawk82":2p2c0pqe said:
Maybe Richardson could use some Lasik surgery to help his deep ball vision.

Or possibly just having an accurate pass would help.

This. 100x this.

Let him run a deep ball with #3 slinging it. Not Pryor.

I think going back to the Chicago game, T-Jack hits Richardson more often than not on that deep ball.. he just put too much air on it. But on two separate instances in the preseason (T-Jack Week 3, Pryor Week 2).. Richardson had an easy long touchdown nullified by a terrible pass.

So basically I also disagree with kearly that Richardson can't be trusted on a pass over 15 yards.

Anyway.. I was too busy watching college football last night to care about this one when the starters came out. Fourth preseason games mean absolutely nothing. I am kind of happy though the 1st team D got pushed around by the Raiders offense.. nice little splash of water to the face to remind them who they are. They will come out much more focused on Thursday night. Not worried at all.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The 4th preseason game is always a joke. The only game that matters is typically the first half of the third game because teams use it as a dress rehearsal. Seattle looked just fine beating Chicago 31-0 in that half.

SirTed

Reaction score
My observations:

I'm a little concerned about our run defense. Specifically a lack of Red. Now, I'm no coach, so it could easily be an adjustment to technique (as we needed a few times last year as well) but I'm a little worried.

At least I wont feel bad now if Pryor gets cut. We gave the kid a shot, and he just couldn't cut it. He wasn't terrible, but he was very uninspiring. Anyone worried about Daniels not making it to the practice squad? I am.

On the other hand, TJack looked like OLD, indecisive TJack. He was so great last season, I thought he really had become comfortable. Now, he's back to double clutching, pumping, and panicking. He may end up being just fine.

As critical as I have been in the above points - My biggest takeaway was - What a shithole Oakland Coliseum is. Holy crap, that is actually somehow in the running with FedEx for the worst field in the league. I definitely noticed a few of our guys being EXTREMELY cautious out there, PLUS we could have used a change of cleats. So many guys were spinning their wheels, slipping, sliding, everything. Oakland had far less trouble, IMO. May be a small thing, but to my eye it made a BIG difference.

Can anyone give any notes on Hill? I saw him out there a few times, but I never NOTICED him. I doubt he'll be cut, but he hasn't been too inspiring for me.

Speaking of cuts - what do you think are the chances the Hawks find some DL depth out there from other teams after final cuts?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Meh, this game solidified what I thought was the case since week 1. We don't have the defensive depth of last year and Wilson is going to be a top 5 quarterback this year so defensive depth is mostly moot at this point. I wouldn't be shocked about seeing a lot of 30-20 games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":gdhlx9x7 said:
Meh, this game solidified what I thought was the case since week 1. We don't have the defensive depth of last year and Wilson is going to be a top 5 quarterback this year so defensive depth is mostly moot at this point. I wouldn't be shocked about seeing a lot of 30-20 games.

Really? A Week 4 preseason game tells you our defense is about to struggle?

Guarantee you.. when the Raiders play the Seahawks in the regular season.. game is going to look a little differently.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":pxzooatf said:

While it's true we don't have the same depth on defense, as the 2013 D was arguably the strongest D including depth in the history of the NFL, I think we'll be OK once all the starters get their time together.

So I half agree with you, the offense is going to have to step it up for the first 3-4 weeks while the D get's their feet under them. But after that we should be rolling like last year.

Tical21

Reaction score
I thought Pryor was pretty bad, especially on important plays. I think the look he wore after running out of bounds near the goal line had the look of a guy that just realized he'd been cut.

I didn't watch much of the first half, but I thought Philip Adams played well at the end of the first half and 3rd quarter.

Hill looked good, but I don't know that I've ever seen a DT get to the QB without being touched by the guard before.

I'm really worried about what is going to happen to Schofield if he tries to go against starting LT's.

Goodbye preseason.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1l17cawb said:
MizzouHawkGal":1l17cawb said:

Really? A Week 4 preseason game tells you our defense is about to struggle?

Guarantee you.. when the Raiders play the Seahawks in the regular season.. game is going to look a little differently.
Not struggle they will be fine but between the rules and what looks like an offense that will be scoring pretty quickly I don't see us playing 20-10 games at this point. It will balance out in the end with the same basic result. If we get a lead it will be game over usually.

kf3339

Reaction score
Good Lord I can't believe some of the comments about the "4th Preseason Game" where no one including any player that knows he is safe really gives a damn.

It was so obvious that this team was just mailing it in and just wanted to finish and not get hurt. Who cares.

Enough of this preseason crap. On to the real season.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Was hard to watch.
My concerns are run "D" and pass protection. Duh, rite.
Lacey is no slouch and will put the hurt on us in game one, if we play like that.
Sry bout the us and we.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I was generally disappointed with the play of both TJack and Pryor, and thought Daniels showed more in fewer minutes than Pryor and deserves to be kept at least on the PS.

I was really disappointed in the run D both from the starters and from the reserves and hope this won't be a problem that can't be fixed in the absence of Bryant. Have been less than overwhelmed with Hill but he at least made a few plays last night. I suspect the team may be combing through the discard pile to acquire some help.

Walters earned a roster spot last night and so did Lockette. The first team O looked solid yet the Oline was still leaky in pass pro. Suspect the team may be looking to acquire another TE as none of the backups after Willson look to be truly worthy of a roster spot.

Think the final choices at DB will be solid but doubt they keep more than 4 for now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We just have to hope that Simon and Lane stay healthy, cause holy moly do Adams and Auguste suck.

seahawksny

Reaction score
We should be embarased about defense against rookie carr and rb that ran against us at will. I don't buy "that it's only preseason" mentality with this team. The proof that this team takes even preseason serious is that they went 8-0 last two years. So either Carroll told them take it easy tonight or they are in trouble. For Carr, who I still think will be pretty good, to march down like that on our first team d has got me concerned and aaron Rodgers is licking his chops right now.

I don't like this fellow 12's.

Silver lining? That its last game of preseason and not regular season..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksny":8m8xdgrr said:
Silver lining? That its last game of preseason and not regular season..

Also silver lining the Defense getting pushed around to sober them up a little before it counts. Better against Oakland in the preseason than a regular season letdown.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
austinslater25":3e5nfi04 said:
Seattle looked just fine beating Chicago 31-0 in that half.

That score was a bit misleading. The Bears had a TD called back because of a bad call, and they had two drives end after Cutler missed wide open throws (not due to pressure; he just made bad throws). There is obviously no need to panic, but the defense definitely has some things to work out.