Now for the important game of the day: Civil War

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think it showed a guy spoiled by winning, consequently unable to face adversity. I still think UO beats Stanford with Huff's head in the game. Yes, I'm discounting the "injury". 12 minutes left in an undecided contest and he's bawling and beating his fists into his head on the sideline? That's more p**y than warrior, IMO.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":241h9w6z said:
Huff is playing his behind off, but admitting that he didn't care about a Rose Bowl...man. I am hoping that it was just his way of trying to express his extreme disappointment that they wouldn't be playing for a natty and that he wasn't really serious about the Rose Bowl thing.

The quote was taken way out of context and twisted by the media. Here is what Josh Huff actually said:

Huff also voiced his thoughts on playing in a Rose Bowl versus the BCS championship game.

“I wanted more than the Rose Bowl," Huff said. "I'm more than excited to play for a Rose Bowl, but I don't want to be a prep game for a national title game."

DAT's quote was stupid, Huff's quote was manipulated.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
JSeahawks":wd3gc8oz said:
Smelly McUgly":wd3gc8oz said:
Huff is playing his behind off, but admitting that he didn't care about a Rose Bowl...man. I am hoping that it was just his way of trying to express his extreme disappointment that they wouldn't be playing for a natty and that he wasn't really serious about the Rose Bowl thing.

The quote was taken way out of context and twisted by the media. Here is what Josh Huff actually said:

Huff also voiced his thoughts on playing in a Rose Bowl versus the BCS championship game.

“I wanted more than the Rose Bowl," Huff said. "I'm more than excited to play for a Rose Bowl, but I don't want to be a prep game for a national title game."

DAT's quote was stupid, Huff's quote was manipulated.

Not shocked that the media only gave partial context. Thanks for the full, actual quote.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Whoa! But did they score too soon? That back should have dropped to the 1 yard line.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No push in the back called on UO on that return?? What the....? That ball should be on the 4.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Well, the same situation burned the Dawgs today, let's see how UO gets treated. I think it was a catch...but not enough to overturn.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The OSU coaches shoulda told the kid not to score if that situation came up. Hard for a kid to think of that on his own (ala Brian Westbrook).

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1ytimkz9 said:
ClumsyLurk":1ytimkz9 said:

You're lucky! :D

Exciting game. Too close for comfort.

Still thinking Helfrich needs to go.
I think he's a keeper! (as a Husky fan).
Good win though - it was an entertaining game from my point of view.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2awrpog6 said:
Still thinking Helfrich needs to go.

This gives me warm and fuzzies, if only because I know you are not a reactionary knee jerk fan. If you are giving up on your coach after just one year, I trust all is not well in Eugene.

As far as the game itself, that was THE WORST prevent defense I have ever seen in my life. If you are just going to give them 18 yards a pop, on plays that take 6 seconds, what's the point? You are better off risking the quick strike. At least you'd get the ball back with some time left.

Also, the clock keeper's abuse of power at the end of the game should be a fire-able offense. I know, home cooking and all that, but seriously, he routinely ran 2-4 extra seconds after plays were clearly over almost every time. There was not a single play in that final drive that he didn't run at least 1 extra second off the clock. You expect that, but he took it too far, IMO. I was stunned that Riley never protested. Officials will usually give a few extra seconds if a coach speaks up.