OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":44p28kpz said:
JSeahawks":44p28kpz said:
Still thinking Helfrich needs to go.

This gives me warm and fuzzies, if only because I know you are not a reactionary knee jerk fan. If you are giving up on your coach after just one year, I trust all is not well in Eugene.

He's a good people person. I actually think recruiting under Helfrich will be better then it was under Chip Kelly. I've had the conversation with you about me not believing that Sark is an alpha dog personality, and I think the same is true of Helfrich. Chip Kelly was so singularly focused on winning and his Win the Day mentality. I'm not sure that Helfrich has the players attention and focus the same way that Chip did. (and I think that's partially because Helfrich is trying to be Chip Kelly, instead of just being himself, which the players will see as fake).

Whether that's a Helfrich problem, or a lack of senior leadership, or what... i'm not really sure. But it seems like for the last month the team has not been inspired or prepared to play, and that's largely (but not solely) on the head coach, imo.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Oh... and brilliant strategy by Nick Alliotti to let the Beavers go in for the untouched touchdown. Otherwise we were going down to a last second field goal for sure.

Allioti is another guy I wouldn't cry about leaving. Maybe we can get Wilcox down here.

cesame

Reaction score
A very well connected source to the program is saying NA will retire after this season and DB coach John Neal will take over as defensive coordinator next season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1m7ngvy6 said:
Oh... and brilliant strategy by Nick Alliotti to let the Beavers go in for the untouched touchdown. Otherwise we were going down to a last second field goal for sure..

Very good strategy, but as intelligent as UO was, OSU was 10x as stupid for not making sure every player on the field understood the situation. As fast as UO is capable of scoring, such an error was inexcusable and the staff should be held accountable for the loss. Feel real bad for their kids today. But props to the Dux for getting it done.

Someone mentioned the time keeper (at the end) and that was blatant. As was the block in the back on the kick-off, that wasn't called (right in front of the official). That call would have pinned Mariota back inside the 5 and many things can go wrong when a QB is operating within his own endzone. Unsure that it really would have mattered, but a bad no-call just the same.